Alaska in July canceled ?

• We are on the July 5th sailing and there are still cabins showing.  I do not expect for it to sail.  Our PCC indicated that NCL has basically said they will cancel more than 30 days out.  With all the information that has come out this week I think we will hear soon that it is cancelled. 
  • Like 1

Update - just checked our cruise again and it shows sold out for all categories.  When I log into our booking it asked for payment LOL and then when I bypassed that not showing payments just the additional items booked.  I assume the cancellation is in the works. 

• Like 2

BC as of yesterday put enough restrictions through September 1 to end cruises. Although the Ports are federally regulated, BC will require 14 self isolation through the summer, and has out in place Orders that would make loading a cruise ship impossible. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-health-officials-say-cruise-ships-not-welcome-this-summer-1.5567086

I don't think the federal government will reopen west Coast ports without BC being in agreement. 

• Like 2

If you try to search for a cruise the first month available for bookings is August.  My Alaska is Aug 6th and it shows up still as sailing...……..but if I put in August Alaska as a search I get the Uh-Oh page

Edited by TSUmom
  • Like 1

I have friends in Ketchikan who run two touristy downtown shops that only open during the Alaskan cruise season. They tell me due to the uncertainty many of the other local owners are cancelling orders or have stopped ordering. Many shop owners live in the lower 48 and come up just for the season. The word from my friend is even should cruising resume in August for most retailers it will be too late for many to open.

Of course Diamonds Intl and Del Sol being the exception! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yup, it looks like all cruises and not just Alaska will be cancelled, as you can no longer book anything in July now.  Carnival cancelled all through August 31, 2020, so I suspect most cruise lines will cancel through at least the same amount of time. No way they are going to cancel more cruises then they have to unless they need to.