Suspended operations extended

adstz

The following is on the American Queen website:

American Queen Steamboat Company has temporarily suspended operations across all boats through June 21, 2020. The decision was made due to the evolving and unprecedented nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and the continued wide-spread governmental restrictions across ports, cities and public institutions. Please continue to check our travel alerts page for the latest updates to our sailing schedule, as well as our latest change policy updates.

We are booked for September. Final payment has been made and flights booked. I really hope we will be allowed to sail.

We also are booked for August and as of now sadly have no plans to actually take the trip.  We've been on the American Queen a number of times before and really love it, but the quarters are tight - rooms, dining room, River Cafe, and especially the buses .  Last year we took the 21 day Mighty Mississippi (which ended up in Cincinnati due to low water levels) and by the end of the trip, many folks on the boat had colds. Including us.

Yesterday I read the health protocol they posted on their website.  Most of it makes sense.  They say that anyone with a "contagious condition" will be put off the boat.  A cold is contagious.

I think we will rebook for 2021.  I actually doubt they will be sailing by August anyway.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, adstz said:

We are booked for September. Final payment has been made and flights booked. I really hope we will be allowed to sail.

We are also booked for September—-on the Duchess. Since she carries only about 165 passengers, I’m really hoping we will get to take this long awaited cruise. I’m not sure when the CDC guidelines expire. 

Which cruise are you booked on?

7 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

We also are booked for August and as of now sadly have no plans to actually take the trip.  We've been on the American Queen a number of times before and really love it, but the quarters are tight - rooms, dining room, River Cafe, and especially the buses .  Last year we took the 21 day Mighty Mississippi (which ended up in Cincinnati due to low water levels) and by the end of the trip, many folks on the boat had colds. Including us.

Yesterday I read the health protocol they posted on their website.  Most of it makes sense.  They say that anyone with a "contagious condition" will be put off the boat.  A cold is contagious.

I think we will rebook for 2021.  I actually doubt they will be sailing by August anyway.

I think we will have to as well.  I am not sure if we will be able to get into the USA and we cannot do the 14 days quarantine once we arrive 🙂  My other concern is I have a naturally variable temperature - I suppose I could get a letter from my GP about it.  But I can register a temperature of 99f and then two hours later by 97f for no apparent reason and I can imagine spending more time waiting for my temp to come down than sightseeing.  We will need to see what our options are for UK passengers as the website only covers US guests opportunities to move