Praise for Our Insurance Company

We had a family cruise scheduled for April 5 which was canceled by RCCL. We requested a refund of our payments to RCCL, rather than take the FCC that was offered.  We had also purchased 3 insurance policies through TravelSafe (Trip Insurance Store).  When the cruise was canceled, we immediately contacted TravelSafe and asked for refunds of our policies.  We received a request for confirmation of receiving the refund from RCCL.  It took almost 4 weeks to receive the monies credited back to our credit cards, but when we received the refund, we forwarded the proof to the insurance company.  We have now all received the refunds for our policies from TravelSafe..   

Many times we criticize insurance companies, so I wanted to publicly say that we received great service and very prompt communications throughout the entire process.  We will definitely use this insurance company in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Coral said:

I received my money back from Allianz. It took 2 weeks after I submitted the info.

That is about the same time frame I experienced with Allianz. It was nice to see the credit on my credit card last week.

I'd be on the cruise right now if it wasn't cancelled.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I also purchased Travel Safe trip insurance thru Steve at the Trip Insurance Store.  My cruise was canceled.  I sent the cancellation info to Steve and received a refund on the insurance only 2 1/2 weeks later.  Thank you Steve.  You give excellent advice and service.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 7:22 PM, Coral said:

I received my money back from Allianz. It took 2 weeks after I submitted the info.

We chose not to request a refund.  We have had a Allianz annual policy for 6 years and we didn’t want to get a refund, effectively cancelling the policy and then when we got a new policy have a new look back period for pre-existing conditions. 

• 4 weeks later...

We have had excellent experience with insurance carriers.

DW fractured several vertebrae in Kuala Lumpur a few years ago. She had what only could be described as first rate hospital care.  Submitted a claim to our pension plan carrier, Manulife Canada.  Claim was satisfied in full within 10 business days with no questions.  We were not even asked for boarding passes to prove that we had not been out of the country for more than 60 days.

Last year we had to cancel a booked tour to China.  Our credit card had cancelation insurance. First time we have ever used it.  Same thing.   Filled out the forms, attached the required documentation, and our claim was satisfied in full within 10 business days.  We were surprised, we had hear many horror stories and were prepared for some degree of push back from the credit card insurance carrier.  Nothing...other than a check in the mail for the full amount from them.