Is this true? Re: CC dispute booked thru T/A

Cancelled cruise due to sail 10/2020.. Requested deposit refund March 20 which T/A acknowledged. Royal cancelled booking. Refund not received yet, thinking about filing dispute with credit card co. Since cruise was booked thru online agent, will dispute be filed with them, which would mean THEY would have to retrieve funds from Royal?

Who did you pay for the cruise ?   If your credit card was charged by the TA then you need to deal with them as they are the ones who, ultimately, need to refund you.  If your card was charged by RCI, then they are the ones to refund to you.  

I am guessing that your TA charged your credit card and then paid RCI.   They probably already got the refund from RCI and have not passed it on to you.   

56 minutes ago, edgekid said:

Cancelled cruise due to sail 10/2020.. Requested deposit refund March 20 which T/A acknowledged. Royal cancelled booking. Refund not received yet, thinking about filing dispute with credit card co. Since cruise was booked thru online agent, will dispute be filed with them, which would mean THEY would have to retrieve funds from Royal?

On your original credit card statement did the charge show as from Royal or your TA.  In the vast majority of cases In North America your card is processed by Royal.

how long has it been.  Royal is now saying 60 days...that’s about what mine was. 

Even though I booked thru a TA, my CC statement shows RCL.

Got my FCC and still waiting for my taxes & fees and the cruise planner credits.

The last time I spoke with RCL I was told 30 business days from start of cruise for FCC and 30-45 business days from e-mal confirm cruise cancellation for taxes & fees and cruise planner credits.

2 hours ago, edgekid said:

Re-check your cc statements. I overlooked a refunded deposit for an NCL cruise, called my big box TA complaining who called NCL and they confirmed that my cc had been credited. Was my face red! Luckily there is anonymity when calling that big box!

• Haha 1

TA submitted a Cancel with Confidence request FCC on March 13 for an April cruise. We have received our FCC for an April cruise. Was told I would receive the FCC by April 30.  Came through my email on May 1.   The taxes have not yet been refunded. 

Submitted a refund request on April 16 for an end of May cruise cancelled by Royal and that one has been totally refunded. Checked online and found my total cruise was refunded on May 10. 

Totally flabbergasted as to how we were able to get everything in such a timely manner.  My TA was on furlough since last week of March. Just back on board this week.  Talked with her about the refund.  Said she would try to see if she could get anyone to give her info. Otherwise, I think we're in a holding pattern.