Marella Dream Cancellations

We are booked on Dream for a Caribbean cruise, starting 12.11.20. I have now read that Dream is being taken out of service for a year. Do we assume our holiday is cancelled? I can't find out from the TUI website, but the holiday is no longer being offered on there. I know this is still months away but I would really like to know asap if it's not going to happen. Any advice welcome.

Hi Denanne

The parts I,ve highlighted would suggest its cancelled unless of course one of the other ships is taking up this route

If your holiday falls into one of the below categories, due to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s advice against all but essential travel, your holiday will no longer be able to go ahead as planned.

• TUI holidays travelling on or before 11 June 2020

• TUI River Cruises sailings travelling up until and including 25 November 2020

• TUI Lakes and Mountain holidays travelling up until and including 30 September 2020

• Marella Cruises sailings on or before 30 June 2020 and all sailings detailed below
    o  All sailings on Marella Celebration
    o  Sailings on Marella Discovery 2 up to 30 April 2021
    o  Sailings on Marella Dream up to 4 May 2021
    o  Marella Discovery sailings in December 2020 and January 2021
    o  Marella Explorer 2 sailings between 5 May 2021 to 20 October 2021 

Also found this on the web

Marella Dream will next sail in summer 2021, with all remaining summer 2020 and winter 20/21 sailings cancelled.

Edited by Jim The Scot

I had an email about a couple of weeks ago, to say that my cruise on the Dream in September had been cancelled. I was informed that a code for a refund credit plus a 20% discount in order to book a cruise in the future will be emailed to me by 30th of June. I’ll have to wait until I have the code before doing anything. At the moment I am leaning towards a refund so no doubt will have a lengthy wait on the phone.

I think they will be sending the cancellation emails in a staggered order depending on cruise dates.

We have just got through to TUI after many attempts. My wife is now talking to a lovely lady called Dawn.

She has told us our refund will be back in the bank within 28 days.

28 days !!! Never takes that long to take our money. We haven't received the promised credit refund email even though we should have traveled on the 16th April. At least we are getting it back.

A tip for everyone. 

Ring 0203 4512868, press option 1 if you booked In a shop then option one again. This option is for payments but we got through straight away.

Hope everyone is well and hope this helps

I have just received an apologetic email from TUI and it seems that the thousands of complaints are getting some positive attention.

An interesting paragraph here that I have copied across.

Following a lot of customer feedback, we’ve completed a thorough review of how we’re looking after you and what improvements we need to make. We’ve developed a new system that will allow you to manage cancelled and future bookings and have created a simpler online process should you wish to request a cash refund, removing the need to call us to do this.

I have yet to have a look online so I can’t say if it works or not.

keep safe people😉

Thank you for the this latest information. I am so relieved. I had expected to be on the phone for hours when the email with the offer of the refund credit comes through in a few weeks time. I hope it all goes smoothly for everyone.

12 hours ago, Tizzy-Jo said:

Thank you for the this latest information. I am so relieved. I had expected to be on the phone for hours when the email with the offer of the refund credit comes through in a few weeks time. I hope it all goes smoothly for everyone.

You are welcome.😊

Update .... I completed the online claim form last night, it took no more than five minutes and once complete the page stated that the refund would be completed in the next four weeks so we will see.🤔

Why couldn’t they have done this weeks ago? Even the apologetic email and a what’s going on update would have eliminated a lot of animosity from customers.🤷‍♂️
Keep safe all.😉

6 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Update .... I completed the online claim form last night, it took no more than five minutes and once complete the page stated that the refund would be completed in the next four weeks so we will see.🤔

Unfortunately BJ we don't have the number to finalise the form as we cancelled but we had paid over the deposit which they have promised to pay, in writing, but keep missing the date🙄, may have to wait until TA reopens. 

31 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Unfortunately BJ we don't have the number to finalise the form as we cancelled but we had paid over the deposit which they have promised to pay, in writing, but keep missing the date🙄, may have to wait until TA reopens. 

Hi PC. That’s good news that you will get your deposit back as it is a forfeit with no exceptions or discussion in my experience so that has got to be a positive.

Stay safe. 😉

Edited by Brummijam
I wanted too

On 5/21/2020 at 7:10 PM, Brummijam said:

I have just received an apologetic email from TUI and it seems that the thousands of complaints are getting some positive attention.

An interesting paragraph here that I have copied across.

Following a lot of customer feedback, we’ve completed a thorough review of how we’re looking after you and what improvements we need to make. We’ve developed a new system that will allow you to manage cancelled and future bookings and have created a simpler online process should you wish to request a cash refund, removing the need to call us to do this.

I have yet to have a look online so I can’t say if it works or not.

keep safe people😉

This is good to know, we thought we would have to fight for a refund.

Thanks for posting.

On 5/22/2020 at 10:28 PM, Denanne said:

This is good to know, we thought we would have to fight for a refund.

Thanks for posting.

If you follow TUI's "We're Sorry" email you'll get this linked page.

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/contact-us/pre-travel

Then you'll get a refund code to enter and submit.

We recieved ours they day after that (long overdue) apolgetic email.

How long it takes to be actioned and funds are credited back is anybody's guess.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

On 5/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, Miller Cruiser said:

Our cruise date was the 4th of August, but no email yet to tell us it's cancelled. But, funnily enough, we got an email requesting balance payment the day before they made the cancellation announcement.

Perhaps they need your balance to pay other peoples' refunds?

I've paid the deposit on a cruise on Dream in October (not for me, my son is getting married and was to be a honeymoon present) which will not be going ahead according to the information page on the TUI page. Full payment would normally be required in July, so it will interesting if TUI will attempt to request the payment even though they know the cruise will not be sailing. There has been no communication regarding this cruise as yet.

I have another cruise booked (Discovery 2 in September) which was fully paid last year, this one has been officially cancelled by TUI, just waiting for the credit to be offered so I can get full refund.

Edited by FuzzyDuckUK