How to lift and switch

I have a non refundable deposit on Harmony of the Seas for an August 16 2020 sailing. I would like to be able to get similar pricing on the same ship next year. Do I have to call to "lift and switch"?

Also it doesn't seem that the Harmony is doing the same itinerary next year, if I can't book the same ship which other shops offer similar activities. I was looking forward to Flowrider and Ultimate Abyss.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Hawg11 said:

I have a non refundable deposit on Harmony of the Seas for an August 16 2020 sailing. I would like to be able to get similar pricing on the same ship next year. Do I have to call to "lift and switch"?

Also it doesn't seem that the Harmony is doing the same itinerary next year, if I can't book the same ship which other shops offer similar activities. I was looking forward to Flowrider and Ultimate Abyss.

I called an switched an August 2020 Harmony sailing to a Symphony 2021 sailing. 

29 minutes ago, Hawg11 said:

Harmony, Symphony, Oasis all have the flowrider and Abyss...

Quick lift and shift question - I  know it says that the new cruise must be same itinerary, destination, and number of days but.... I'm booked on Anthem 11/29/20 -the  only Bahamas cruise I see within four weeks of that date is all the same, except it is 7 days instead of 8. Has anyone had this issue with lift and switch or can it be done because the number of days is less? I booked though big box travel agent and everytime I call I'm on hold forever, or the new one is, someone takes my information and promises a call back that never comes. Has happened twice to me twice so far with  this TA. (not sure if I am allowed to say the name of the website)

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I called an switched an August 2020 Harmony sailing to a Symphony 2021 sailing. 

Did you have a refunable or a non refundable reservation? Thank you.

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Non refundable, I actually booked the Harmony cruise and performed the L&S to Symphony the same day. 

NICE! Did you book original cruise on line or on the phone? If on the phone, were you able to switch immediately or did you call back later? One other question I can't find, if original cruise is Sept 6, 2020 and you received the free kids promotion, does that restrict your lift cruise a year later to one that is also offering a kids sail free? Not sure where to find the answer. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Sianli said:

NICE! Did you book original cruise on line or on the phone? If on the phone, were you able to switch immediately or did you call back later? One other question I can't find, if original cruise is Sept 6, 2020 and you received the free kids promotion, does that restrict your lift cruise a year later to one that is also offering a kids sail free? Not sure where to find the answer. Thank you.

I booked online and paid my deposit. On my commute to work, I called and had it switched. 
Sorry, I don’t know the answer to the KSF promotion. 

6 hours ago, Hawg11 said:

When using L&S you are price protected and OBC in still applied. We did the L&S a couple of days age going from Allure 2020 to Harmony 2021.  Harmony prices were about $1500 more for the same cabin but L&S stayed the same. You must stay in the same Category, we tried to go from a 1C to a 2 C and were told no. We had no problem getting the same cabins for the B2B. Cruise planner purchases are not switched, we got a email the next day from Royal stating or cruise planner purchase was canceled and a refund to our cc would be applied. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

1 hour ago, Sianli said:

You can lift and switch and keep the KSF. 

When using L&S you are price protected and OBC in still applied. We did the L&S a couple of days age going from Allure 2020 to Harmony 2021.  Harmony prices were about $1500 more for the same cabin but L&S stayed the same. You must stay in the same Category, we tried to go from a 1C to a 2 C and were told no. We had no problem getting the same cabins for the B2B. Cruise planner purchases are not switched, we got a email the next day from Royal stating or cruise planner purchase was canceled and a refund to our cc would be applied. 
So, was the itinerary the same? Like western Caribbean? I am confused as to what has to be the same to have the lift and switch apply. There is a whole list of requirements, I didn't know if only one had to apply or not.

7 minutes ago, Hawg11 said:

So, was the itinerary the same? Like western Caribbean? I am confused as to what has to be the same to have the lift and switch apply. There is a whole list of requirements, I didn't know if only one had to apply or not.

Itinerary type has to be the same.  Exact itinerary does not. 

2 hours ago, Sianli said:

So TAs can do the L&S as well?

Itinerary type has to be the same.  Exact itinerary does not. 
So by type you mean number of Nights?

My original cruise was on Harmony out of port Canaveral for 7 nights to western Caribbean.

I want to do a 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise from Miami on symphony.

Its roughly a $1700 more difference.

Is this a possibility?

15 minutes ago, Hawg11 said:

So by type you mean number of Nights?

My original cruise was on Harmony out of port Canaveral for 7 nights to western Caribbean.

I want to do a 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise from Miami on symphony.

Its roughly a $1700 more difference.

Is this a possibility?

For the most part the6 are sticking with east to east and west to west.  Also if one has western with perfect day you must switch to another western with perfect day not just western 

For the most part the6 are sticking with east to east and west to west.  Also if one has western with perfect day you must switch to another western with perfect day not just western 
If it has to be same class ship. During the time frame I have to rebook, oasis is sailing from New Jersey on a 9 night cruise and Harmony is sailing from Italy. I don't think it's possible to match exactly.

I have to call tomorrow and it will be interesting to see how they handle this.

4 minutes ago, Hawg11 said:

If it has to be same class ship. During the time frame I have to rebook, oasis is sailing from New Jersey on a 9 night cruise and Harmony is sailing from Italy. I don't think it's possible to match exactly.

I have to call tomorrow and it will be interesting to see how they handle this.

The same class ship is not a requirement. itinery type, category, timeframe and length of cruise are the qualifiers. 

31. Understanding that the same itinerary, stateroom category, sailing length, and timeframe are a requirement, is it essential that my client rebook on the same ship as well?
No, it is not required that your client rebook on the same ship or ship class.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

The same class ship is not a requirement. itinery type, category, timeframe and length of cruise are the qualifiers. 

31. Understanding that the same itinerary, stateroom category, sailing length, and timeframe are a requirement, is it essential that my client rebook on the same ship as well?

Well then it is going to be real interesting to talk to them because I booked Royal Caribbean based off of the ship I was sailing on. I understand that the virus isn't their fault but they have to be more flexible. Also I think my cruise will be cancelled anyway, I just don't want to lay out the cash and take a chance it won't be.

My cruise is basically 2 weeks out of the current no sail order

6 minutes ago, Hawg11 said:

. I understand that the virus isn't their fault but they have to be more flexible. 

The fact is they don't have to be more flexible, they could just offer you a refund.

Either follow this or take refund.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hawg11 said:

Well then it is going to be real interesting to talk to them because I booked Royal Caribbean based off of the ship I was sailing on. I understand that the virus isn't their fault but they have to be more flexible. Also I think my cruise will be cancelled anyway, I just don't want to lay out the cash and take a chance it won't be.

My cruise is basically 2 weeks out of the current no sail order

They are not making very many exceptions and not all cruises will have an available substitute.  Not all cabins have a substitute either.  If there is not a substitute you have the option of the 125% OBC or cash refund if you are paid in full or the 100% fcc for your deposit. The Lift and shift was not designed to cover every sailing. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They are not making very many exceptions and not all cruises will have an available substitute.  Not all cabins have a substitute either.  If there is not a substitute you have the option of the 125% OBC or cash refund if you are paid in full or the 100% fcc for your deposit. 

We just did the L&S Allure 2020 TA to the Harmony 2021 TA.  Both are 14 nights. Harmony has 3 fewer port stops and also misses Coco Cay.  Hoping they add Coco Cay as a stop. Tried to go from a 1c to a 2 c, two cabins away,  and they said no.  Received a email the following day from Royal saying our cruise planner purchase was being cancelled and expect a refund in the next 30 days.  Very easy process through our TA. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We just did the L&S Allure 2020 TA to the Harmony 2021 TA.  Both are 14 nights. Harmony has 3 fewer port stops and also misses Coco Cay.  Hoping they add Coco Cay as a stop. Tried to go from a 1c to a 2 c, two cabins away,  and they said no.  Received a email the following day from Royal saying our cruise planner purchase was being cancelled and expect a refund in the next 30 days.  Very easy process through our TA. 

Yours was an easy one.  Same itinerary type and same length of cruise. Port stops are not a requirement when doing a L&S.