How to lift and switch

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Wondering if it would be on a Royalup offer?  Guess we will find out  I would like to try one, Dan not so much. Too much stair climbing

The room steward can make up the sofa bed for him on the first floor.🤪 There is a bathroom downstairs as well.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

With the Cruise With Confidence Program, you can cancel your cruise up to 48 hours prior to cruising and get a 100% Future Cruise Credit.  You would not lose your deposit.  If you want a cash refund, then yes...your only option is to wait and hope they cancel.

Only issue with that is you might have other nonrefunable m,oney out for hotels , airfare and etc.  I would just move it with the L& S if you can or just move it to another cruise you want to do, there is no change fee for moving a nonrefunable deposit now.

5 minutes ago, livylotte said:

Is the price of the new lifted and shifted cruise price matched to the original one?  I've been sent new invoices and they are scary amounts of money.

Yes (except the tax portion), the correct invoice may take a while to be sent.

Edited by Biker19

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Those aft suites are called Aqua Suites.

The big ones are STAR Class and hold 8 people.

We had one on recent Allure TA, and it was 11 Grand for 3 of us. That is on the cheap end of typical price.

20200302_114141.thumb.jpg.4db3428089680ef6e85bb3a57404eef6.jpg

My dream cabin.

Now we just gotta make sure allure comes with rcl putting off terminal 3.

I dont want to get a category that cant transfer if they decide to switch cabins but boy those are my favorite I have ever seen and I've done more than a few cabin crawls. I join ever time a roll call has one.

You made my day

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You will be able to take advantage of the CWC price drop policy.  Usually it’s a reduction of the fare before final payment and OBC after final payment but since you have paid in full very early because of the L&S I suspect that you will get OBC.  

I was reading this reply. I didn't think you could use the price drop policy if you used the Lift and shift.

Is that correct.I'll have to screen shot that as we don't usually get price drops in UK. 

My first cruise in 2012 I managed to get a price drop but never after that.

17 minutes ago, orla56 said:

I was reading this reply. I didn't think you could use the price drop policy if you used the Lift and shift.

Is that correct.I'll have to screen shot that as we don't usually get price drops in UK. 

They told me I couldn't take advantage of the lower price with L&S, only if it was higher would it be price protected.

I am waiting for my new invoice to see tho and will let you know!

Thank you Akina13 for your reply.I thought this was the case also.

Maybe Ourusualbeach will confirm this.

I hope they would send my new invoce soon as I have e queries on mine.

I had a promo of flights for a penny and although Jet2 prices are showing for next August I have been told that they can't tell me if the flights will be the same or an indirect flight. (Knowing my luck it will be indirect ) 

Also I paid partly with Tesco clubcard vouchers that run a loyalty reward with RCI and I might have to go back to Tesco to get the voucher reissued so hope that goes OK. 

14 minutes ago, orla56 said:

I think Lift and Shift and Best Price Guarantee both come under Cruise with Confidence so they should do.

I had a price drop last year but everything on your booking has to be exactly the same. They are really strict on this.  If you booked when there was a special promotion on ie on board spending money,  then the price you want them to match has to have that exact same promotion on.  They are forever changing promotions and that's why price drops are few and far between.

58 minutes ago, orla56 said:

While it would most likely be rare that the price of the new cruise to drop below that of the one that you started with you would still be able to take advantage of price drops if it did.  There is nothing excluding this.

On 5/19/2020 at 4:18 PM, mek said:

If I want to switch Oasis November, 2020 for Oasis November, 2021 - what exactly are the restrictions?

November 2020 - Oasis departs from Ft Lauderdale and November 2021 from Miami - is that a deal breaker?

The 2020 itinerary is not available for 2021 - still Caribbean, but different ports - is that a deal breaker?

Anything else I should know about?

We just switched from Oasis Eastern + Perfect Day from Ft Lauderdale Nov 2020 to Symphony Western + Perfect Day from Miami Nov 2021 with no issues. 

41 minutes ago, Akina13 said:

They told me I couldn't take advantage of the lower price with L&S, only if it was higher would it be price protected.

I am waiting for my new invoice to see tho and will let you know!

Then just move the deposit to the new lower priced cruise and don't do the lift and switch.

Got my new invoices... 

Vacation Protection Plan went up $30 per room

Taxes and Fees went up even more than the agent I made the change with said (and I paid the updated charges at time of changing)

They are now saying that since we were in our 75% penalty phase at the time of change, we're continuing that penalty portion all the way through to next year.  (Oh, but it's okay, VPP will cover it 🤐).  

And on one of the rooms (for my mom so she has to call in separately), her amount paid wasn't correct.  

My thought is to call back again...unless anyone thinks I don't have a leg to stand on for the top 3 (of course my mom needs to get her amount paid corrected, that's easy enough to prove).

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

My dream cabin.

Now we just gotta make sure allure comes with rcl putting off terminal 3.

I dont want to get a category that cant transfer if they decide to switch cabins but boy those are my favorite I have ever seen and I've done more than a few cabin crawls. I join ever time a roll call has one.

You made my day

I did a live review on the TA in March

Can I lift & shift a 6 night Western on Independence to a 6 night Western on Odyssey? We are in a JS on Independence (was booked as a Guarantee but cabin already assigned). Seems like it would be a big 'upgrade' getting a JS on a Quantum class ship.

Not sure if we want to lift & shift yet will probably leave a bit closer to August and re-assess then, but just curious if we can!

Have it booked as a S2S with Western Oasis in January so would need to move that to an Eastern Oasis in 2022 to make the dates work, but from what I've already read that would be fine.

Thanks

Edited by swoopy2110

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We had one on recent Allure TA, and it was 11 Grand for 3 of us. That is on the cheap end of typical price.

What didn't you like about Star class?  I think the decor in the ATS is cheesy.  It's far from luxurious, which is what I would expect for the price.  The bathrooms are not upgrades but the same of a regular balcony cabin.  Not sure what this wasn't upgraded on the Oasis.  

I wanted something with two bedroom and found the A1 for $9200 on the Oasis this Dec for three people and the A2 for $6900 for three people also on the Oasis next Thanksgiving.  Both were less than a CL with drink packages for all.  The CL is my absolute favorite cabin and being on deck 17 beats everything.  I feel like I cheated on my CL but the extra bedroom is a better fit for 3. 

Edited by crusinthrough

Tried Lifting and Switching from March 14, 2021 sailing on Empress of the Seas to the March 19, 2022 sailing on Symphony of the Seas.  They are both 7 nights out of Miami and Eastern Caribbean and each includes a stop at Coco Cay.  I used a big box TA.  First they told me it has to be the same ship.  The next day they told me my fare didn't qualify.  The next day I told them to cancel Empress sailing (I paid the refundable deposit rate).  They then apologized and said they could do it that they were still learning the rules.  Then today they email me saying it has to be the same itinerary.  I emailed them it was.  They said there was nothing they can do.  Did I do something wrong?

3 minutes ago, bamdoo said:

Tried Lifting and Switching from March 14, 2021 sailing on Empress of the Seas to the March 19, 2022 sailing on Symphony of the Seas.  They are both 7 nights out of Miami and Eastern Caribbean and each includes a stop at Coco Cay.  I used a big box TA.  First they told me it has to be the same ship.  The next day they told me my fare didn't qualify.  The next day I told them to cancel Empress sailing (I paid the refundable deposit rate).  They then apologized and said they could do it that they were still learning the rules.  Then today they email me saying it has to be the same itinerary.  I emailed them it was.  They said there was nothing they can do.  Did I do something wrong?

That is a perfectly fine switch.   It is allowed by Royal and I can tell you that it has been done.

It only has to be the same itinerary type.  The ports other than CocoCay don’t matter. Ask your TA to do a three way call with a Royal, you and the TA on the line.  I would bet money your TA never even called Royal

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 10:04 PM, Littlestar80 said:

I tried today to lift and shift my January 2021 Empress Western Caribbean 7 day  cruise to January 2022 Oasis or Symphony Western Caribbean 7 day cruise. My Travel Agent said, that can not be done because Empress and Oasis are different type of ships. I thought the ships ”class” does not matter?? 

My lift and shift is now ok! I was on Empress 31.1. 2021 Western without cococay and I was lifted to Symphony February 2022 With cococay.  Kids sail free and OS. 

I am so grateful for all the help I got from here! Without your help I would never have tried to move the kids sail free and I would not have had the courage to reply my TA that they should ask again when they first denied the move. 

Now my first cruise is in OS on Symphony and that is unbelievable! Have to wait 20 months, but who cares! 

Thank you! ❤️

4 hours ago, Littlestar80 said:

My lift and shift is now ok! I was on Empress 31.1. 2021 Western without cococay and I was lifted to Symphony February 2022 With cococay.  Kids sail free and OS. 

I am so grateful for all the help I got from here! Without your help I would never have tried to move the kids sail free and I would not have had the courage to reply my TA that they should ask again when they first denied the move. 

Now my first cruise is in OS on Symphony and that is unbelievable! Have to wait 20 months, but who cares! 

Thank you! ❤️

Are any of the port stops the same?