How to lift and switch

31 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Hope you get everything worked out to your satisfaction. We did ours directly with the RCL D+ desk, and received the booking confirmation email while we were still on the phone with the agent. I'd do a screen grab of the RCL booking engine screen that shows what the true costs should be so you have something to show the TA if their invoice is different.

I just did a dummy booking on RCCL and it was $368..............it's an Owners Suite, which now says none are available, might that be why the price is higher, I tried 1 Bedroom Grand Suite, that also has $368 as Taxes and Fees.

Edited by Jimbo

Hi, I just looked at my T&F with my lift and Shift. Rhapsody of the seas 7day Croatia and Greece.

When I phoned I was told I would have to pay the difference between when I booked original  cruise which was  July 2019 and the new booking.I was told it would be £62.

When I looked at the T&F for old booking they were £132 and new one was £152 so that is £20 to me ?

Have to wait and see when I eventually get my revised invoice with the correct pricing.Still showing full amount for new cruise.14 days up this Tuesday.

On an L&S I did a couple of weeks ago...............all I have down is a  non-refunadable $500 deposit..............under the rules  if I  decide to cancel before final payment, I will get that $500 back as a FCC. Is that correct ? which I can either use to rebook another cruise, no $100 per person change fee too right? or use that $500 FCC to pay toward another cruise I have booked. Is all this correct?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

On an L&S I did a couple of weeks ago...............all I have down is a  non-refunadable $500 deposit..............under the rules  if I  decide to cancel before final payment, I will get that $500 back as a FCC. Is that correct ? which I can either use to rebook another cruise, no $100 per person change fee too right? or use that $500 FCC to pay toward another cruise I have booked. Is all this correct?

If you cancel you get a $500 FCC.  The ability to move I believe expires August 1.

32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you cancel you get a $500 FCC.  The ability to move I believe expires August 1.

Shifted cruise is in September 2021............so you are saying come  June 2021 we decide we want to cancel, we can't just move the $500 deposit to another cruise without paying the $100 per person change fee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But if we elect the $500 FCC,,,,,,,,,,,, we can either put that $500 to a cruise we already have booked, or just use that $500 as a deposit to book another cruise at anytime we want without any fees, is that correct?

47 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Shifted cruise is in September 2021............so you are saying come  June 2021 we decide we want to cancel, we can't just move the $500 deposit to another cruise without paying the $100 per person change fee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But if we elect the $500 FCC,,,,,,,,,,,, we can either put that $500 to a cruise we already have booked, or just use that $500 as a deposit to book another cruise at anytime we want without any fees, is that correct?

The ability to move deposits arose out of the ability to lift and shift. Since the lift and shift ends Aug 1 I suspect the ability to move deposits may also end.  The $500 FCC could be applied to a cruise but not used for the deposit. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The ability to move deposits arose out of the ability to lift and shift. Since the lift and shift ends Aug 1 I suspect the ability to move deposits may also end.  The $500 FCC could be applied to a cruise but not used for the deposit. 

That fine then, that will work just as well. Will they know somehow by looking at reservation that  we have the ability to cancel and get money back as a FCC

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

As long as you didnt already use another fcc toward the cruise you want to pay off. I'm sure you know, but cant do 2 fcc on same booking

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That would be the worst case scenario.  They could very well allow deposits to be moved without penalty. 

Maybe next time you call RCCL, you could ask that question and see what they say.Would be much appreciated.

Edited by Jimbo

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

As long as you didnt already use another fcc toward the cruise you want to pay off. I'm sure you know, but cant do 2 fcc on same booking

I have never had a FCC before ever. That's why I'm asking all these dumb questions.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I have never had a FCC before ever. That's why I'm asking all these dumb questions.

Me either. I could have had 2. Decided 1 was enough 

Probably majority in here also never had one.

My first  ...just seems to be too easy to run into walls with rcl you didnt know about until you run snack dab into it.

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe next time you call RCCL, you could ask that question and see what they say.Would be much appreciated.

I’ll try to remember to ask however no policies have been released regarding this beyond Aug 1 so I wouldn’t put any faith in the answer.

The current shifting of deposits isn’t covered specifically in the CWC either and is just an offshoot of the L&S. 

We had a 10 day Bermuda and Caribbean cruise(Bermuda, St Maarten, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, and Labadee) on the adventure out of jersey scheduled for July 29th 2020 and now cancelled by royal. Called royal to lift and shift but only option they say is available is a 9 day out of Baltimore on the enchantment (coco cay, Bermuda and Bahamas) . What a croc so likely to get all money back at this point. 

Still can't figure out why I couldn't L&S, same everything one year and 2 days apart. Such B.S.  I guess  I got to good of a deal the first time. RCI doesn't want to honor it.

Edited by jptoz

17 minutes ago, jptoz said:

Still can't figure out why I couldn't L&S, same everything one year and 2 days apart. Such B.S.  I guess  I got to good of a deal the first time. RCI doesn't want to honor it.

What reason did they give you?

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What reason did they give you?

First I called up RCI and they told me I could do it, then spoke to TA and they they told me no. So I call RCi back again and they changed their tune. No real answer. So sent an email  to Mr. Bayley. Just think I got to good of a deal on my canceled cruise and they don't want to honor the price.

7 minutes ago, jptoz said:

First I called up RCI and they told me I could do it, then spoke to TA and they they told me no. So I call RCi back again and they changed their tune. No real answer. So sent an email  to Mr. Bayley. Just think I got to good of a deal on my canceled cruise and they don't want to honor the price.

What is the original sailing and what are you trying to shift it to?

15 minutes ago, jptoz said:

July 4, 2020 oasis to July 2 2021 Oasis

Maybe the problem is you waited until it was cancelled. You had to do it before it got canc? Idk I'm just speculating.

I had a very good rate on liberty I lost. Checked prices for a month solid before I finally got a price that I wanted. Poof. Was before days of lift and switch.

5 hours ago, jptoz said:

July 4, 2020 oasis to July 2 2021 Oasis

Was the itinerary the same length?

Were they both the 7 day Bahamas Cruise?

Were you switching to the same category cabin?

What reason did they give you because those are the criteria as well as having to switch 1 year in the future Plus or minus 4 weeks.  Price is not a concern unless you were booked undera friends and family rate, inter line or TA rate as those fares are not eligible for the Lift and switch. 

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No, lift and switch is available for the latest round of cancelled cruises.

This seems to be the sad fact.  I'm a grown up girl so not going to use the phrase 'this isn't f**r' but our cruise was 17th May and its seems the only cruises that can be lifted and shifted are after 20th May even though I haven't yet had any FCC and didn't plan on requesting a refund.  L&S would have been perfect for us but RCI computer says 'no' - very disappointed as to why the later round of cruise cancellations warrants a better offer than mine just because I had booked to sail 3 days before the new offer.

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe the problem is you waited until it was cancelled. You had to do it before it got canc? Idk I'm just speculating.

I had a very good rate on liberty I lost. Checked prices for a month solid before I finally got a price that I wanted. Poof. Was before days of lift and switch.

56 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Was the itinerary the same length?

Were they both the 7 day Bahamas Cruise?

Were you switching to the same category cabin?

What reason did they give you because those are the criteria as well as having to switch 1 year in the future Plus or minus 4 weeks.  Price is not a concern unless you were booked undera friends and family rate, inter line or TA rate as those fares are not eligible for the Lift and switch. 

Same everything. Tried to L&S a couple of weeks age before the latest announcement.  What would be a TA rate, and how would I know If I had that. I usually book through a cruise comparison site, and the best deal usually gets my $. 

Edited by jptoz

11 minutes ago, jptoz said:

Same everything. What would be a TA rate, and how would I know If I had that. I usually book through a cruise comparison site, and the best deal usually gets my $. 

Perhaps your TA booked you into what is called a Friends and family rate.  The only way to know that would be to ask your TA.  I’m not sure if that shows on Royal’s guest booking invoice or not.  

there were a lot of friends and family rates on the Oasis sailings if you booked in the past 6 months. 

the friends and family rates are only available to TA’s and not on the Consumer website but some TA‘S do quote them if they are available. 

unfortunately it is clear in the FAQ’s that These rates are not eligible for the lift and shift.

this is the only thing I can think of as to why your shift and lift was denied because you have met all the other criteria.

Friends and family rates were definitely available for your July 4 sailing...great rates 

Edited by Ourusualbeach