How to lift and switch

55 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

I just received the new invoices for 3 of the L&S's.  This prices were adjusted corectly. 

All were from Empress.  One moved to Oasis and 2 to Jewel.

These were direct bookings.

In reviewing the paperwork I found this line.  It was never mention in our conversation.

The booking is currently subject to USD 700.00 cancellation penalties at time of this booking invoice 25 MAY 2020. This amount may increase based on the cruise penalty schedule.

Has anyone else noticed this?

This booking is for a JS.

Was that the invoice from the TA?  My guest booking invoice directly from Royal for a suite for a similar switch does not show that. 

24 minutes ago, orla56 said:

Lucky you Blizzard54.I was told 14 days for my new lift and shift invoice.

Called today was told info was wrong I should have been told 15-30 days.

He told me to be patient.

I received several back last week That were under 14 days. 

53 minutes ago, Akina13 said:

Just completed our L&S. While we got through right away it took her 1 hour and 45 mins to complete. No clue why it took so long. They said we would get the invoices in a few days because they had to work on doing the correct pricing since our new cruise didn’t have kids sail free. This was for ovation sept 4/2020 - moved to sept 3/2021. Ensure to check your invoices tho because for whatever reason they first tried to charge double taxes. (Haven’t read the 8 pages to see if this was already discussed)

That’s brutal.  All the ones I did last week took less than 10 minutes.  The only thing I can think of is that they had to get a supervisor to approve it.  If it’s an easy switch the reps can do it without getting a supervisor involved. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

29 minutes ago, orla56 said:

Lucky you Blizzard54.I was told 14 days for my new lift and shift invoice.

Called today was told info was wrong I should have been told 15-30 days.

He told me to be patient.

I got luck with these 3 but I have had issues with others.  I have one with a TA that was using their inhouse guidelines that would not even look at the Celebrity website where is showed that what I wanted to do was OK.  She forwarded it to her supervisor and said it will be 3-5 days before I hear from the supervisor....

When this is over I doubt I will ever use that TA again.  

If I have a Western Caribbean cruise on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston, can I lift and shift to a western Caribbean cruise (Labadee, Jamaica, Mexico) on Symphony of the Seas?  Same cabin category for each and both 7 nights?  

Thank you. 

48 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s odd.  I just checked half a dozen clients and no mention of that at all.  

These are titled Cruise Vacation Receipt.

In the usual place it say it is a NFD.

This is a new line that was added below the section with the pricing. 

The line made mention of penalties at time of this booking (today).

I wonder if this a new change they have implemented to get around the NFD nomenclature that are currently convertible to FCC's.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Was that the invoice from the TA?  My guest booking invoice directly from Royal for a suite for a similar switch does not show that. 

I also received an updated invoice with the same line added for a junior suite booking that was not on the original. I’ve emailed and I’m waiting for a response. 

9 minutes ago, RG306 said:

I also received an updated invoice with the same line added for a junior suite booking that was not on the original. I’ve emailed and I’m waiting for a response. 

Did you book direct or through a travel agency?

5 minutes ago, Mwins78 said:

I tried to do the lift n shift and every date they said there was nothing available so I just had to cancelled has anyone else had that problem

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What cruise date and ship did you have, itinerary and number of days.

58 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

These are titled Cruise Vacation Receipt.

In the usual place it say it is a NFD.

This is a new line that was added below the section with the pricing. 

The line made mention of penalties at time of this booking (today).

I wonder if this a new change they have implemented to get around the NFD nomenclature that are currently convertible to FCC's.

Ok, I just did a reprice and that now shows up.  

I don’t read anything into it other than clarifying what the NRD policy was.  Before this it said the deposit was non refundable and subject to a $100 penalty to change ship or sail date.  I would bet the old wording led to a lot of confusion and people who are cancelling wanting money back for their deposits as opposed to an FCC.

The new wording clarifies it on an ongoing basis.  This new wording won’t affect anything as it’s covered under the CWC policy for all bookings made before August 1. 

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Looks like she had an interior on Oasis in September 2020...........7 night Bahamas Cruise.

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ok, I just did a reprice and that now shows up.  

I don’t read anything into it other than clarifying what the NRD policy was.  Before this it said the deposit was non refundable and subject to a $100 penalty to change ship or sail date.  I would bet the old wording led to a lot of confusion and people who are cancelling wanting money back for their deposits as opposed to an FCC.

The new wording clarifies it on an ongoing basis.  This new wording won’t affect anything as it’s covered under the CWC policy for all bookings made before August 1. 

Is it normal to have a $700 penalty for a JS?

4 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

Is it normal to have a $700 penalty for a JS?

No it should only be the $500. I think they’re including the $100 per person change fee that is waived for the lift and shift as part of the penalty which is ridiculous and definitely not what we were told. 

Oasis of the sea 7 days out of New Jersey she checked up to four week after and four weeks before she had nothing I had an interior room I went the a big box TA

1 hour ago, Mwins78 said:

Oasis of the sea 7 days out of New Jersey she checked up to four week after and four weeks before she had nothing I had an interior room I went the a big box TA

There are insides available for every date.

Were you by chance in a category 6V?  If you were that would explain why they couldn’t find your category.  The 6V is being eliminated May 1.  For those that had that category they go by room number and use the new category.  Most of the 6V’s convert to 4 V’s.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are insides available for every date.

Were you by chance in a category 6V?  If you were that would explain why they couldn’t find your category.  The 6V is being eliminated May 1.  For those that had that category they go by room number and use the new category.  Most of the 6V’s convert to 4 V’s.

Have the travel agent protect the price for you with whatever week you pick and tell them to make it good! I did find it hard to believe 1 year out and 8 weeks of cruises to not have a switch for you. I mean really same ship is doing the exact same itinerary, what were they thinking not to find something for you.