Delta is retiring some planes.

rkacruiser

42 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Your post is interesting to me.  "FAs are not technically on the clock until pushback."

So, as a First Class or Business Class passenger, they are "not on the clock" when they take my pre-flight drink order and deliver that drink?  Particularly flying Delta one, my FA will sometimes take my lunch or dinner order while the plane is still at the gate and the door has not been closed.  

Correct.  Unless something has changed very recently and/or an airline does things differently than the norm, FAs are paid for a the flight hours based on push back to setting the brake on arrival.  So yes, all those little things they do during boarding, like direct pax to their seats, assist voluntarily with stowing bags, doing pre-departure drink service in first, biz, etc. are technically off the clock.

On 7/13/2020 at 9:29 PM, FlyerTalker said:

Much to the chagrin of some travelers, assisting with overhead bin bags is not a part of flight attendant duties.  In fact, there are reports of FAs who have been injured while assisting with luggage who have been denied workman's comp and injury reimbursement because it is not a specified work requirement.  So many, if not most, won't touch a passenger's bag.

I could also see the risk of liability: dear delta FA Jill, was handling my bag, now my expenses camera, laptop and watch are now all damaged and worthless. I demand replacements.

5 minutes ago, MSUskip said:

I could also see the risk of liability: dear delta FA Jill, was handling my bag, now my expenses camera, laptop and watch are now all damaged and worthless. I demand replacements.

They expressly declaim any liability for those types of items in checked baggage, where they do handle the bags.

1 hour ago, MSUskip said:

I fail to understand how a FA attempting to helping with your carry-on could have been responsible for damaging your electronics so that they are now worthless.

1 hour ago, waterbug123 said:

Correct.  Unless something has changed very recently and/or an airline does things differently than the norm, FAs are paid for a the flight hours based on push back to setting the brake on arrival.  So yes, all those little things they do during boarding, like direct pax to their seats, assist voluntarily with stowing bags, doing pre-departure drink service in first, biz, etc. are technically off the clock.

Technically off the clock, but such service remains in the memory of the passenger receiving such service.  That would encourage another booking on that airline, in that Class of Service.  That's good for the financial benefit of the FA's employer.  It's good for the future employment of that FA and the other crew members on that flight.  

Sometimes, when I travel and decide which hotel, airline, cruise line, etc. to book, it's the memory of my past experiences with that Company that sometimes becomes the deciding factor.  

20 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I fail to understand how a FA attempting to helping with your carry-on could have been responsible for damaging your electronics so that they are now worthless.

While attempting to put the bag in the overhead, it slips from her hand, slamming to the floor.

56 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

While attempting to put the bag in the overhead, it slips from her hand, slamming to the floor.

That would have happened to me if the passenger across from me had not observed my issue and failed to help me.  I would have ended up with whatever in my carry-on possibly damaged along with a finger that was sprained if not worse. 

What ever happened to the concept of a "good Samaritan"?  

I am relatively sure that MSUskip does not live in my County.  If a suit is filed in Common Pleas Court with a jury trial chosen, the poster would not want me to be seated on the Jury based on what I now know.  

When one travels, s*&t happens at times.  My opinion:  "suck it up"!  That's life!  Perhaps MSUskip could file a claim on their homeowner's policy for the damage to their electronics.  

On 5/24/2020 at 10:30 PM, FlyerTalker said:

Today, there was a major fire in the Bombardier facility in Belfast, where the A220 wings are assembled.  Who knows what that means for the long-term future for the program.

and final low value added final assembly in the US.

Today, there was a major fire in the Bombardier facility in Belfast, where the A220 wings are assembled.  Who knows what that means for the long-term future for the program.

and final low value added final assembly in the US.

and low value added final assembly in the US.

Edited by MSUjohn
syntax

17 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

(for some reason i was posting from my fathers account again), well it can be better understood that some people what a new and better camera or laptop.