NCL Star on the move.

1 hour ago, fastpitchdad said:

We were supposed to sail on the Star this August for our 25th anniversary 😞

The good news, you're still going to celebrate your 25th Anniversary!! 😉 

Congratulations for that! What happens in the mean time is less important than the love you've shared over the last 25+ years. 

Have a wonderful celebration! 🥂 💕

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, fastpitchdad said:

We were supposed to sail on the Star this August for our 25th anniversary 😞

After dry-dock cruises in August 2020 LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/cruises/14-day-iceland-ireland-and-norway-mystical-fjords-from-london-southampton-STAR14SOULEHNWHGNRHSYAKUREYBFSDUBSOU?destinations=4294938434&embarkationport=4294940509&sailMonths=4294940520&ships=4294960643&numberOfGuests=4294953449&sortBy=featured&autoPopulate=f&from=resultpage&itineraryCode=STAR14SOULEHNWHGNRHSYAKUREYBFSDUBSOU

Regarding that dry-dock - Rotterdam has some heavy duty equipment to do the maintenance.

Dry-dock may not be all together necessary only the availability of the equipment to do the

heavy lift of an engine inside the ship. The azipods propulsion of the ship can also be fixed

from inside.

While all this is going on the updating renovation of the interior of the ships spaces/places

can also be done.

This dry-dock fix should put the STAR back in good form.

European sailings may take place well before the US Canada cruises resumes - the only real

problem is getting to that European port city by limited airline service.

Plan on having some bumps in the air (sea) travel getting to the port timely ! 

4 hours ago, Joeghartman said:

I have my eye on this ship for 2022. Norway, Scotland, and Iceland!!!! My dream trip besides seeing Antarctica.   Or I’m torn between the Iceland/Greenland cruise.

We Booked this one 10 day ago....Beyond excited...it is a bucket list trip for us...Though I imagine that it will only lead to a bigger bucket...I know that we want to another trip at some point that is Scotland, and one that is Norway.

I grew up eating norwegian pancakes.  I have been unable to find a recipe that was at all similar to my mom's.  So I am hoping that A) There is a more authentic version on the ship on this trip...which would almost satisfy me...and/or B) I can find Pancakes in port.  I just have to remember that they will just be referred to as pancakes....rather than "norwegian" pancakes...

Yes, my DH thinks i'm a weirdo...but I'm his weirdo so he has to deal with it. 😁

His favorite part of cruising on NCL...the late crepe station...No idea how things will change with COVID, and had already changed (he never did find them on the BLISS last year).

Crepes though..good, close, but not quite the same.

4 hours ago, Joeghartman said:

I have my eye on this ship for 2022. Norway, Scotland, and Iceland!!!! My dream trip besides seeing Antarctica.   Or I’m torn between the Iceland/Greenland cruise.

Why don't you do a back-to-back? Start in Southampton one way to Iceland and then round trip to Greenland, finishing your 22 days in Iceland?

Strange dry-dock - the STAR is berthed at the Rotterdam Cruise Terminal.

Perhaps there is something to do with getting the crew home -

working around the rigorous US travel quarantine -

from the Cruise Terminal to the Amsterdam Schiphol airport is less than 20 miles away

LINKS - Google Map and Marine Traffic

Google:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.9065144,4.4882747,986m/data=!3m1!1e3

Marine Traffic:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:4.481/centery:51.896/zoom:14

Where is Paul Harvey with the rest of the story ?

Edited by don't-use-real-name

20 hours ago, Joeghartman said:

My sister and I are booked on the 11 day Star Iceland-Greenland Cruise.  It’s a great and unique itinerary and a wonderful opportunity to get to both islands.  Now how to get to Grimsey Island and inside the Arctic Circle.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 2:50 AM, don't-use-real-name said:

After dry-dock cruises in August 2020 LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/cruises/14-day-iceland-ireland-and-norway-mystical-fjords-from-london-southampton-STAR14SOULEHNWHGNRHSYAKUREYBFSDUBSOU?destinations=4294938434&embarkationport=4294940509&sailMonths=4294940520&ships=4294960643&numberOfGuests=4294953449&sortBy=featured&autoPopulate=f&from=resultpage&itineraryCode=STAR14SOULEHNWHGNRHSYAKUREYBFSDUBSOU

European sailings may take place well before the US Canada cruises resumes - the only real

problem is getting to that European port city by limited airline service.

Plan on having some bumps in the air (sea) travel getting to the port timely ! 

Do you really think this cruise will sail?   We are booked on the Star in late October in the Mediterranean from Athens and I am not optimistic about that cruise.   Why has Princess canceled all of the Med. cruises for 2020?  

I'm still leery about getting on a plane or cruise ship for an extended amount of time or having ports canceled.  

Still trying to decide if we make our final payment in June.   

On 5/18/2020 at 3:27 PM, Joeghartman said:

Those are all excellent itineraries.  I did the Iceland,Norway,Scotland on the Jade - fantastic!  I did Antarctica this past January on Celebrity Eclipse and it was my favorite itinerary ever.  Breathtaking and awe inspiring scenery!  I have booked the Iceland/Greenland itinerary on the Star in 4/2022.  

These are places that are still pristine and such a reminder of how precious our world is.

:) Genzi

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

Those are all excellent itineraries.  I did the Iceland,Norway,Scotland on the Jade - fantastic!  I did Antarctica this past January on Celebrity Eclipse and it was my favorite itinerary ever.  Breathtaking and awe inspiring scenery!  I have booked the Iceland/Greenland itinerary on the Star in 4/2022.  

These are places that are still pristine and such a reminder of how precious our world is.

🙂 Genzi

Are you doing the 11 day or 10 day itinerary?  We are booked on the 11-day one and already overwhelmed with our research!  We can’t wait.

26 minutes ago, mertziek said:

Are you doing the 11 day or 10 day itinerary?  We are booked on the 11-day one and already overwhelmed with our research!  We can’t wait.

I am doing the 11 day sailing on July 14th, 2022. I think I said it was an April sailing, I mistook that for a different sail date.

Edited by BigRedFan
mistaken date

6 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

I am doing the 11 day sailing on July 14th, 2022. I think I said it was an April sailing, I mistook that for a different sail date.

Same one we are doing.  Already looking at ports and excursion possibilities.