Can I use onboard credit for gratuities?

Petoonya

OBC as a promotion is not refundable from Windstar and it cannot be used for gratuities.  OBC as a gift from travel agent is refundable and can be used for anything including gratuities.  It can also be cashed in or refunded to a credit card. Windstar excursions are pricey, but worth it.  I use OBC for excursions.  Groups are small and are well organized.  It's a great way to use OBC. When we have had extra nonrefundable OBC, we spend it in the store.  The store is small, but has quality items.  Just plan ahead and shop when the ship is at sea.

9 hours ago, Redtravel said:

OBC as a promotion is not refundable from Windstar and it cannot be used for gratuities.  OBC as a gift from travel agent is refundable and can be used for anything including gratuities.  It can also be cashed in or refunded to a credit card. Windstar excursionve got a ton of OBC s are pricey, but worth it.  I use OBC for excursions.  Groups are small and are well organized.  It's a great way to use OBC. When we have had extra nonrefundable OBC, we spend it in the store.  The store is small, but has quality items.  Just plan ahead and shop when the ship is at sea.

Well that's happy news. Have a ton of OBC from TA so guess I can use much for gratuities. I'm doing the same cruise I did a year and a half ago and honestly was not impressed with the few WS excursions I took- all except one that was exceptional. Going to use the same tours and guides I used last cruise. And I love to buy goodies from the shop too.

Thanks so much!

Edited by Petoonya

10 hours ago, susiesan said:

One of the few things I don't like about Windstar.I hate having to use OBC to pay for overpriced shore excursions. I don't drink enough to use it all up any other way.

Susie....I've probably already told you repeatedly, don't miss the Coral Gardens excursion from Tahaa-Motu Mahaea. It's absolutely one of the best I've ever done. And even the ride out to Coral Gardens is spectacular. You need water shoes for it. We are wusses and brought pants, rash guard and gloves just for that. But glad we had we had them. Best $129 I've ever spent.