do you realize how complicated it will be for cruising to restart

ontheweb

On 5/19/2020 at 2:33 PM, navybankerteacher said:

Maybe some order of priority to get the vaccine should be established — perhaps the order in which States joined the Union.

Aarg! Please ... Nooooooooooo from Colorado!! 🤥

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I read that liquor stores are considered essential because of concern that alcohol dependent people would go into withdrawal and seek medical attention at a time when hospitals are stretched thin.

3 hours ago, clo said:

They aren't in NV. My hair salon has just re=opened.

OK, that makes sense. But should it also apply to Nevada?

1 minute ago, ontheweb said:

Total Wines started with delivery and then moved to you could order and pay ahead, notify upon arrival and they'd bring to your car. The addiction issue could have been part of the decision process. Oh, and the same with the pot shops.

8 hours ago, DarrenM said:

And of course the healthcare system hasn't been overrun. Mainly because old people with covid werent allowed in.

Not sure if it is a joke or not but just in case:

The UK health system is overwhelmed

Healthcare workers and coronavirus: behind the stiff upper lip we are highly vulnerable

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I read that liquor stores are considered essential because of concern that alcohol dependent people would go into withdrawal and seek medical attention at a time when hospitals are stretched thin.

There has been a lot of arguments in Australia about classifying bottle shops as essential. Domestic abuse charities say alcohol is making the violence worst and the victims can't even leave 😔

5 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Your leader is as mad as a hatter ours just disappears for weeks.

Then he appears and  first pumps and pretends he is churchill, talks utter nonsense and disappears again for a week or so.

But he hasn't suggested anything revolving around cleaning products.

So all is good.

And you complain that yours at least has the decency to vanish a bit — how about ours, who is ALWAYS there?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, clo said:

Total Wines started with delivery and then moved to you could order and pay ahead, notify upon arrival and they'd bring to your car. The addiction issue could have been part of the decision process. Oh, and the same with the pot shops.

Fortunately, our local supplier stayed open - with curbside pick-up.  We call ahead, agree on a time, show up, pop open the trunk, they load, we go home and replenish our cellar.

Fortunately, we seem to have remained consistent with our consumption:  two or three glasses daily- mine usually a Cabernet, her’s always a Pinot Grigio

• Like 1

10 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Of course I do not think second hand smoke is a myth - I happen to think only terminally stupid or pathetically weak-willed people continue to smoke.    I have no idea where you got the idea that anyone thinks a person killed by a drunk driver is stupid:  you should give up totally irrelevant and inapplicable comparisons.

I get it: you apparently do not think COVID 19 is a threat warranting restrictions on certain UNNECESSARY activities such as cruising.

Of course death happens - but an intelligent, civilized society will take reasonable steps to limit rampant contagion in efforts to hold down AVOIDABLE  deaths.  I do not give a damn if you want to cruise -with or without protocols to limit contagion - but I do not think you have the absolute right to impose possible contagion upon others with whom you come in contact.  If your community does not wish to apply measures such as limiting activities considered risky or requiring quarantining those who undertake such activities, that is your community’s call. But, since the first Neanderthals started sharing caves, thinking creatures started accepting community decisions. 

My comment was in response to your question about how many deaths are acceptable.  The examples were related to that and I believe are relevant when discussing avoidable deaths.  People smoke and others suffer.  People become intoxicated and others suffer.  Just like people don't take precautions with viruses and others suffer.   

No, you don't get it.  I don't think that at all.  

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Their opening in NY state has been put off for at least a couple of weeks. There have been demonstrations by barbers and hair stylists protesting.

Things change quickly these days but as of a few day ago SF Bay Area didn't have hair 'salons' or dog grooming. Bob and my avatar and I all have appts. in the next week.

11 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Our ridiculous government is most definitely telling people to go back to work. But they would prefer you to take your car.......in central London lol.

If you dony have a car take the tube or a bus. But they are also encouraging you not to use public transport.

Work that out if you can.

That certainly isn't what I have read regarding UK COVID-19 practices. The UK's HSE for England is actually very balanced and detailed. It is also current, having been updated May 19th.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/offices-and-contact-centres#offices-3-1

• Like 1

Things change quickly these days but as of a few day ago SF Bay Area didn't have hair 'salons' or dog grooming. Bob and my avatar and I all have appts. in the next week.

Here in the DMV ( DC region) hair salons and barber shops are still closed with no opening date. We are still “stay at home”.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Here in the DMV hair salons and barber shops are still closed with no opening date. We are still “stay at home”.

We and our barber/stylist will have masks and they'll wear gloves. The dog will be picked up and delivered back to the car. This is as 'out there' as we've been in so long and I'm not without some trepidation.

We and our barber/stylist will have masks and they'll wear gloves. The dog will be picked up and delivered back to the car. This is as 'out there' as we've been in so long and I'm not without some trepidation.

We have no announced lift date or any projected lift date. But parts of Maryland and Virginia are no longer “stay at home”. Those areas are pretty close so lots of people are just driving to those areas. Somehow it does not make sense.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

That certainly isn't what I have read regarding UK COVID-19 practices. The UK's HSE for England is actually very balanced and detailed. It is also current, having been updated May 19th.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/offices-and-contact-centres#offices-3-1

Oh believe me.you dont know the half of it.

Confusion reigns in the uk

15 hours ago, clo said:

My 10 week beard and hair is partially gone.Mrs.66 trimmed my hair and beard and then I trimmed my bear some more. My grand dog was trimmed by my daughter .

10 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

I suspect trimming your bear was extremely dangerous. More dangerous than covid I would think.

I have had facial hair since before you were born.If I were to shave my beard and mustache off nobody would know who I was not even me.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My 10 week beard and hair is partially gone.Mrs.66 trimmed my hair and beard and then I trimmed my bear some more. My grand dog was trimmed by my daughter .

What we all missed is Lenny trimmed the d off of his beard. He did not trim a bear.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

What we all missed is Lenny trimmed the d off of his beard. He did not trim a bear.

Actually I trimmed the hair off my bear but not today.When I was a kid many many years ago I had a teddybear and decided to give it a haircut .Big mistake .

On 5/19/2020 at 12:06 PM, DarrenM said:

I have asked this on another forum. What if there is no vaccine EVER?

Do we all give up? Live like monks?

Or do we just say right let's just get on with living?

Uh, there will not be one. It will be just like the flu "vaccine"... It works, sometimes...

7 minutes ago, Jasawyer said:

It will be just like the flu "vaccine"... It works, sometimes...

The flu vaccine works.  It's just that it's specific to each strain.  They can only load up the immunization with what they think the top 3 or 4 strains are going to be for the next season.   And it's a best guess scenario, as that has to be determined about year out, in order to come up with enough vaccine to go around.

The years that the vaccine was less successful were the years that the strains going around wound up being different than the ones forecast.  But they still help make the flu that you get not as bad.

• Like 2