SPIRIT FORWARD AND AFT CABINS

Barrycat

We have sailed on the Windstar sailboats three times, power yachts are currently our preference, but I honestly don’t remember the location of our cabins.

We want to take advantage of the recent screaming deals on the Spirit in Tahiti but are unsure if there is much difference in the sense of the pitch of the ship between the forward/aft cabins and midship cabins. The thousand dollar price difference can be better used elsewhere.

Any observations would be appreciated.

The power yachts have no aft cabins.  Wind spirit cabins are not extremely way forward or aft.  Most locations are good.  If you select a cabin toward the bow, you may get a slightly smaller cabin.  It doesn't appear on the deck plan.  It happened to us once.  Our cabin was somewhat forward and because of the slight curve, we were missing the nightstand on the outside wall.  Not a deal changer. It wouldn't stop me from choosing that cabin again.  Windspirit cabins are almost all the same size. If you don't mind stairs pick a cabin on the lowest deck.

The top of the page has “pinned” or “sticky” posts; they have a green pin icon next to them. Most of them are conversations/lists about cabins. See the post about Wind Spirit...

304DFA20-FD0B-4D25-90DF-C7D45A64F86B.png

Edited by minidonuts85

Great tip Oceanside, one of our favorite bike ride starting points, the sticky had lots of good info. 
My original question was looking for thoughts on if being in the front or back of the ship made rougher seas more noticeable. Physics  say yes but I don’t remember if rougher seas are often a problem in the South Pacific in February.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barrycat said:

Great tip Oceanside, one of our favorite bike ride starting points, the sticky had lots of good info. 
My original question was looking for thoughts on if being in the front or back of the ship made rougher seas more noticeable. Physics  say yes but I don’t remember if rougher seas are often a problem in the South Pacific in February.

Hello fellow Oregonian. I'm in Seal Rock about 20 min south of Newport.

I gathered the info for the sticky and it's very up to date. It's possible to run into rough seas anytime in Tahiti, not often but it can happen. There was a cruiser on here maybe two years ago who cruised in late August. Should be one of the best times, calmest seas of all and she had rough days about 8 out of 10, even had to go below several times. It just does not happen all that often but Feb is the rainy season so maybe a tad more likely. We were in 129 a year and a half ago- perfect spot. I'm now in 140 for next May and a little grumpy about it. Hope we can get moved or perhaps move to a BX. But I'm not concerned about motion for 17 days.