Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Boozin n Cruizin

Updated News From Genting...Includes Crystal

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

 

Many years ago we were on a cruise on Harmony that had a LARGE group of Aussies, car dealers if I recall, that made up a significant portion of the passenger numbers. To say they had a good time would be an understatement! They took over the Cove one night and the CD finally had to come out at 1:30 AM and shut down the party!! 😁

 

And that means it was before all inclusive!! 😲

 

Patty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roland4 said:

They took over the Cove one night and the CD finally had to come out at 1:30 AM and shut down the party!! 😁


A 1.30am close down? That’s very early - the party would just be getting started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I enjoyed the inaugural Royal Caribbean cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas from Honolulu to Sydney in 2007, with all passengers being only Aus./Kiwi.  We didn't need more alcohol, but we did need more real tea.  So in Tahiti and Fiji, they brought on board real tea, to much jubilation by the passengers!

Real tea on a US-styled cruise ship...now, that would be a first for us !! ( apologies to our many friends across the pond).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:


A 1.30am close down? That’s very early - the party would just be getting started

 

On Harmony those cabins forward on Deck 5 were guest cabins and people were complaining about the rowdy party in The Cove!!😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kool kruiser said:

Real tea on a US-styled cruise ship...now, that would be a first for us !! ( apologies to our many friends across the pond).

 

That's OK, until recent times with the spread of Starbucks, etc., all the British people I knew thought instant coffee was REAL coffee! 😲😍

 

Patty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

 

That's OK, until recent times with the spread of Starbucks, etc., all the British people I knew thought instant coffee was REAL coffee! 😲😍

 

Patty

Yep.  Nescafe.  The scourge of Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

Yep.  Nescafe.  The scourge of Europe.

 

As I read recently in a new history of D-Day, Nescafe was introduced to the UK/Europe by GIs in 1943 as part of their C-Ration packages. Who knew??🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Roland4 said:

 

As I read recently in a new history of D-Day, Nescafe was introduced to the UK/Europe by GIs in 1943 as part of their C-Ration packages. Who knew??🙂

So...it wasn't OUR fault then ?🙁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Roland4 said:

 

As I read recently in a new history of D-Day, Nescafe was introduced to the UK/Europe by GIs in 1943 as part of their C-Ration packages. Who knew??🙂

 

When I first visited the UK on business in the late 70s, I, being an ignorant Yank, expected to see everyone drinking tea.  But Nescafe was the caffeine of choice.  Nasty stuff, that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kool kruiser said:

So...it wasn't OUR fault then ?🙁

 

 Nope! Blame the US Army Quartermaster Corp!!!🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...