Cruise Critic Community
Boozin n Cruizin

Updated News From Genting...Includes Crystal

31 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

Many years ago we were on a cruise on Harmony that had a LARGE group of Aussies, car dealers if I recall, that made up a significant portion of the passenger numbers. To say they had a good time would be an understatement! They took over the Cove one night and the CD finally had to come out at 1:30 AM and shut down the party!! 😁

And that means it was before all inclusive!! 😲

Patty

2 hours ago, Roland4 said:

They took over the Cove one night and the CD finally had to come out at 1:30 AM and shut down the party!! 😁

A 1.30am close down? That’s very early - the party would just be getting started

14 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I enjoyed the inaugural Royal Caribbean cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas from Honolulu to Sydney in 2007, with all passengers being only Aus./Kiwi.  We didn't need more alcohol, but we did need more real tea.  So in Tahiti and Fiji, they brought on board real tea, to much jubilation by the passengers!

Real tea on a US-styled cruise ship...now, that would be a first for us !! ( apologies to our many friends across the pond).

12 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

A 1.30am close down? That’s very early - the party would just be getting started

On Harmony those cabins forward on Deck 5 were guest cabins and people were complaining about the rowdy party in The Cove!!😁

2 hours ago, kool kruiser said:

Real tea on a US-styled cruise ship...now, that would be a first for us !! ( apologies to our many friends across the pond).

That's OK, until recent times with the spread of Starbucks, etc., all the British people I knew thought instant coffee was REAL coffee! 😲😍

Patty

3 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

That's OK, until recent times with the spread of Starbucks, etc., all the British people I knew thought instant coffee was REAL coffee! 😲😍

Patty

Yep.  Nescafe.  The scourge of Europe.

33 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

Yep.  Nescafe.  The scourge of Europe.

As I read recently in a new history of D-Day, Nescafe was introduced to the UK/Europe by GIs in 1943 as part of their C-Ration packages. Who knew??🙂

15 hours ago, Roland4 said:

As I read recently in a new history of D-Day, Nescafe was introduced to the UK/Europe by GIs in 1943 as part of their C-Ration packages. Who knew??🙂

So...it wasn't OUR fault then ?🙁

15 hours ago, Roland4 said:

When I first visited the UK on business in the late 70s, I, being an ignorant Yank, expected to see everyone drinking tea.  But Nescafe was the caffeine of choice.  Nasty stuff, that.

2 hours ago, kool kruiser said:

So...it wasn't OUR fault then ?🙁

Nope! Blame the US Army Quartermaster Corp!!!🙂