Rumor has it, more cancellations may be announced soon

CineGraphic

14 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Did you actually read what Dr. Tian wrote?  He said "the projected COVID-19 pandemic will finish by the end of 2020 worldwide; (2) people are reluctant to travel via cruise for a few month after the ending of the pandemic.

There are a few cruise ships are scheduled to visit Hawaii during Fall this year.  If the 14-day quarantine for transpacific visitors is lifted earlier than September, the cruise ship visiting will be possible and visitor arrivals to Hawaii will be higher than we assumed."

You appear to be mischaracterizing what Dr. Tian wrote.  In no way was he endorsing keeping Hawaii closed to cruise ships through the fall.  He was merely making a economic projection.

I live in Hawaii so please do not tell me what is going to happen here............cruise ships are not coming anytime soon and probably not until the middle of next year and I would take that to the bank!!!  

They have not even lifted the 14 day quarantine for inter-island travel so I am sure we are going to be happy to see a bunch of cruisers coming ashore when Hawaiians have worked so hard to keep COVID-19 successfully contained.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

I live in Hawaii so please do not tell me what is going to happen here............cruise ships are not coming anytime soon and probably not until the middle of next year and I would take that to the bank!!!  

They have not even lifted the 14 day quarantine for inter-island travel so I am sure we are going to be happy to see a bunch of cruisers coming ashore when Hawaiians have worked so hard to keep COVID-19 successfully contained.

Whoa, pump the brakes...  Be nice, Cruise tourism brings tons of money to Hawaii's economy.  It will reopen when it's safe to do so...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

Whoa, pump the brakes...  Be nice, Cruise tourism brings tons of money to Hawaii's economy.  It will reopen when it's safe to do so...

Cruise ships are a small player in the Hawaii tourism economy.  Hawaii had 9.5 million visitors last year spending 17.5 billion USD's.  There were 150,000 cruise passengers who with crew included spent approximately 205 million USD's.  Not that much compared to the big picture.

Hawaii tourism usually goes for the high end tourism dollar and I would not put cruisers in that category.  They basically get off the ship and run around the town where I live, maybe take a bus tour, go to Hilo Hatties and Walmart and get back on the ship.  

So much for a true Hawaii experience and visit?  Not to mention the pollution that is brought to the Hawaiian waters by cruise ships.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Given how welcoming Hawaii seems to be to tourists now, would NCL benefit by sending Pride of America to Seattle and take over Alaska cruises in the Late Summer/Fall?  They could hop from San Diego to LA, to San Francisco, to Seattle and ports in Alaska without violating PVSA.  Just would need CDC to not extend the cruising ban.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Interesting, on May 19, you wrote "We lived in Hawaii for many years and have lots of family who are Hawaiian who still live there.…We are hoping the islands open up for visitors for our annual trip in August to see family but we are not sure that will happen."

If as you claim, you live in Hawaii, then why would you need to wait for Hawaii to open up to visitors for your annual August trip to see the family that still lives there?  Very confusing...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Cruise ships are a small player in the Hawaii tourism economy.  Hawaii had 9.5 million visitors last year spending 17.5 billion USD's.  There were 150,000 cruise passengers who with crew included spent approximately 205 million USD's.  Not that much compared to the big picture.

So 9.5M visitors are not an issue but 0.15M are?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Interesting, on May 19, you wrote "We lived in Hawaii for many years and have lots of family who are Hawaiian who still live there.…We are hoping the islands open up for visitors for our annual trip in August to see family but we are not sure that will happen."

If as you claim, you live in Hawaii, then why would you need to wait for Hawaii to open up to visitors for your annual August trip to see the family that still lives there?  Very confusing...

I believe he said in post #127 that there is still a ban on inter-isle travel in Hawaii.

5 hours ago, pink845 said:

Canadian government has just banned on cruise ships entering its ports until Oct 31, 2020.

Message from the Canadian Minister of Transport this morning:

Statement from The Honourable Marc Garneau

“Our Government is committed to protecting Canadians, particularly during these challenging times. It is for that reason I am announcing updated measures for cruise ships and other passenger vessels in Canada, which includes prohibiting larger cruise ships from operating in Canadian waters until October 31, 2020,” said Garneau. “Our Government continues to work with other levels of government, transportation industry stakeholders, and Indigenous peoples to re-examine measures and to ensure Canada’s transportation system remains safe and secure during this time. We are all in this together.”

59 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I believe he said in post #127 that there is still a ban on inter-isle travel in Hawaii.

The existence of an inter-island quarantine doesn't resolve the inconsistencies between May 19th's “We lived in Hawaii for many years” and today’s “I live in Hawaii” - Still unclear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I saw this earlier and thought the same as you 😂😂

What is amazing that after saying princess Is ‘‘incessant lying, scamming, shameless’ and even if offered a free cruise the answer would be ‘no’ as well as probably having a going out of business sale‘ for the past months that after he received his refund from his CC dispute, why hang on the princess boards if you detest them so much😡😡😡

• Like 1

So it's been 10 days since this post started and the only new cancelled cruises I've seen are for Japan, Australia and Taiwan.  Obviously there will be some changes due to Canada's recent announcement.  Does anyone have any information on others?

Australian, Japan, Taiwan cancellations

Edited by DrivesLikeMario
added link

14 hours ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

why hang on the princess boards if you detest them so much😡😡😡

To tweak the sanctamonious?

If you don't care to read Mr. Luver's posts, cruise critic has an 'ignore' feature that you might use.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

If you don't care to read Mr. Luver's posts, cruise critic has an 'ignore' feature that you might use.

Aloha.....I appreciate the understanding and it is amazing how the haters on CC are going to hate plus evidently they do not understand the concept that people may own more then one home......I find the Ignore Button very useful and it makes reading CC much more informative and useful for the people who post factual and relevant opinions.....great advice for people who feel harassed, bullied or put off by others on CC!!!!  

I never said I did not like Princess but myself and so many others on CC were put off by the promises Princess made regarding refunds when the March 12th cancellations happened and when were to expect them through numerous emails.  

Many of us had considerable monies being withheld for iffy reasons and it was an uncomfortable feeling to say the least.

How they handled the refund communications apparently was very confusing for the best of us and many have still not received their refunds and a credit card dispute is certainly an option people may use to possibly help move things along.

I am glad I went the credit card dispute route because I got my money back and maybe with all of the credit card disputes being filed near the same time period it could have prompted Princess to expedite what refunds they have done to date.  

I still have not really seen Princess be proactive and say that they are going to start cruising on a specific date like CCL did.  Maybe they are going to keep a schedule out there and then cancel cruises each month like many of the airlines are doing.

Mahalo for making CC a better and safer forum to learn from!!!

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

Aloha.....I appreciate the understanding and it is amazing how the haters on CC are going to hate plus evidently they do not understand the concept that people may own more then one home......I find the Ignore Button very useful and it makes reading CC much more informative and useful for the people who post factual and relevant opinions.....great advice for people who feel harassed, bullied or put off by others on CC!!!!  

I usually reserve Ignore for political zealots.   The political posts disappear pretty quickly, but why should I have to see them at all?

Not sure if this has been referenced before, but a useful link I found is on the Princess website:  https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/

On this page there are various links to PDFs that list the specific cruises that are cancelled.  I am posting this on May 30 and the page was updated as of May 28, so they do seem to be trying to keep this up to date.  Of course, it does not include the changes/cancellations that will be necessary because of the extension of the closure of Canadian ports until after October 31.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

1948280597_Troll(2).jpg.c196a7f93aa621c4cadc0ab97007f4e4.jpg

Thank you for posting my picture.  Do you mind if I use it for my profile?

Perhaps you enjoy the cheerleaders here.   Personally, I do not.

Edited by Roberto256
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Smokeyham said:

Not sure if this has been referenced before, but a useful link I found is on the Princess website:  https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/

On this page there are various links to PDFs that list the specific cruises that are cancelled.  I am posting this on May 30 and the page was updated as of May 28, so they do seem to be trying to keep this up to date.  Of course, it does not include the changes/cancellations that will be necessary because of the extension of the closure of Canadian ports until after October 31.

Thanks for the update

I think at time goes on........ there will be rolling cancellations   to keep ahead of final payment dates....

I really do wonder where it will end....

Cheers Don

9 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

It will end with bankruptcy.

If it does end with bankruptcy I wonder if Princess will change/modify/revise the Captain's Circle Program.....they definitely could water it down or restructure it like the airlines did to their reward programs whenever they hit very difficult economic times.

It is really too easy to make different levels now.  Hopefully they would just use days sailed and not number of cruises because that would be more economically beneficial to Princess.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

definitely could water it down

it's already 'watered down' when you consider 'Princess Plus' prices for drinks and wifi - 

comped minutes - meh

mini bar setup - meh - will take home, I guess

laundry - OK, but wait 2-3 days ?

25 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

If it does end with bankruptcy I wonder if Princess will change/modify/revise the Captain's Circle Program.....they definitely could water it down or restructure it like the airlines did to their reward programs whenever they hit very difficult economic times.

It is really too easy to make different levels now.  Hopefully they would just use days sailed and not number of cruises because that would be more economically beneficial to Princess.

It doesn't cost them that much right now anyway. I see it as a non issue as people are buying Princess Plus.

Edited by Coral
  • Haha 1