Beverage package

Petoonya

The most we drink is two cocktails a day and two glasses wine with dinner. And that's pushing it. Is the beverage package worth it for us? Is the wine that is included decent?

Edited by Petoonya

3 hours ago, Petoonya said:

The most we drink is two cocktails a day and two glasses wine with dinner. And that's pushing it. Is the beverage package worth it for us? Is the wine that is included decent?

You generally need to have at least 6 drinks a day for it to make sense.

22 minutes ago, ridethetide said:

You generally need to have at least 6 drinks a day for it to make sense.

Thanks Ride. And if I am remembering right....8+ day cruises 3 bottles of wine can be brought aboard?

2 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks Ride. And if I am remembering right....8+ day cruises 3 bottles of wine can be brought aboard?

Correct, you can bring 3 at the start and likely would be able to bring 1 or 2 more more from the ports (if available) as they don't really care if you don't abuse.  You can also bring the bottles you've brought in at the deck BBQ and there's a 50% chances they won't charge you the corkage fee.  We have done both (with and without drink package) and no longer take it as the wines we like on the wine list are not available by the glass.  I posted wine & drink lists on the forum back in November so you can get an idea of what the prices are.

1 minute ago, Misty Morning said:

Correct, you can bring 3 at the start and likely would be able to bring 1 or 2 more more from the ports (if available) as they don't really care if you don't abuse.  You can also bring the bottles you've brought in at the deck BBQ and there's a 50% chances they won't charge you the corkage fee.  We have done both (with and without drink package) and no longer take it as the wines we like on the wine list are not available by the glass.  I posted wine & drink lists on the forum back in November so you can get an idea of what the prices are.

Thanks very much Misty. It's only been a year and a half since we cruised last and some things I remember well and some not so much. I know there were several well priced wines that were perfectly fine to us so probably not even necessary to bring more. I will take a look at your list too. Thanks so much 🙂

4 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Even if you each prefer different wines, two glasses is almost half a bottle so you would be better off buying by the bottle and having the leftovers saved for the next night.

2 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Even if you each prefer different wines, two glasses is almost half a bottle so you would be better off buying by the bottle and having the leftovers saved for the next night.

Thanks Jazzbeau. We usually have a bottle going for each of us as we have different tastes. Lasts a couple nites at least.

Makes a lot more sense than the beverage package. Thank you.

• 3 months later...

I don't know if this is offered on only select cruises, or universal. But when I fired up my record for our August 2021 Alaska cruise I saw a link to specials on the full package.  I clicked though and the offer was $89 pp/d instead of the usual $129.  This includes the full top-level liquor package, very decent hard stuff and decent wines that we've always found perfectly fine. Also includes the WiFi, laundry, and gratuities.  I think this is a decent price.

2 hours ago, milepig said:

I don't know if this is offered on only select cruises, or universal. But when I fired up my record for our August 2021 Alaska cruise I saw a link to specials on the full package.  I clicked though and the offer was $89 pp/d instead of the usual $129.  This includes the full top-level liquor package, very decent hard stuff and decent wines that we've always found perfectly fine. Also includes the WiFi, laundry, and gratuities.  I think this is a decent price.

I was able to get this deal ($89 pp/d) on the Spanish Serenade sailing of April 15, 2021.  I hesitated because DW doesn't drink, but when I analyzed the numbers it is still cheaper than just buying the parts we wanted.

I was able to get this deal ($89 pp/d) on the Spanish Serenade sailing of April 15, 2021.  I hesitated because DW doesn't drink, but when I analyzed the numbers it is still cheaper than just buying the parts we wanted.

It looks like the $89/day cost is on all cruises throughout 2021.

The “All-In Package” is available to purchase now on more than 550 cruises (ranging from 7- to 56-days) sailing to destinations around the globe into 2021 including Tahiti and the South Pacific, Alaska, Europe, Transatlantic, Canada and New England, Caribbean, Mexico, Costa Rica, and the Panama Canal. Even after guests board the ship, the special package price of $89 per person may be purchased up through day two of the cruise.

https://www.windstarcruises.com/blog/windstar-cruises-all-in-package/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

The drink package is aways a topic on this forum. Just enjoy your vacation! You have your health and wealth. After dinner the crowd at the bar are my people I enjoy the jokes and stories about the grandkids. What WS charges me for the package I don't focus on the cost I focus on the benefits I get. So if you have the cash I'm sure you do your on WS. Pay Up and enjoy yourself (alway remember you can't take it with you). 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

All beverages in the cabin mini-bar (wine, beer, liquor, sparkling waters, soft drinks) are also included in the all-inclusive package. Although the mini-bars are pre-stocked with a varied selection upon boarding, your cabin attendant will modify the contents, based on your preferences. The mini-bars are re-stocked daily; we never ran out of our preferred libations when onboard.