All Virgin Voyages cruises canceled through October 15, 2020

NameThatFunnel

16 hours ago, pcalv said:

I requested my refund 2 days ago. I wouldn’t expect it to be processed for a month at the earliest but I’ll share when it does come through

Thanks, I called to get a refund. Everything seemed to go well but when I look at my VV account it shows me having the 200% FCC. When my travel companions called to get their refund they were told that we didn't qualify for the refund (this is the 2 time our sailing has gotten cancelled by VV). Even after telling them that the email gave is that option they said it didn't apply to us. 

Seems odd to me, and I'm definitely gonna fight it. But just curious, if anyone else who had their sailing cancelled a 2nd time was successful in getting VV to issue a refund and get the 25% FCC.

8 hours ago, Katieniesen said:

Thanks, I called to get a refund. Everything seemed to go well but when I look at my VV account it shows me having the 200% FCC. When my travel companions called to get their refund they were told that we didn't qualify for the refund (this is the 2 time our sailing has gotten cancelled by VV). Even after telling them that the email gave is that option they said it didn't apply to us. 

Seems odd to me, and I'm definitely gonna fight it. But just curious, if anyone else who had their sailing cancelled a 2nd time was successful in getting VV to issue a refund and get the 25% FCC.

I can confirm that I received email acknowledgement from sailor services saying that they were processing a refund. If they cancel the cruise, you’re entitled to a refund.

On 5/29/2020 at 7:49 AM, pcalv said:

I can confirm that I received email acknowledgement from sailor services saying that they were processing a refund. If they cancel the cruise, you’re entitled to a refund.

Refund has appeared back on my card, 1 week after making the request.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been booked for the October 16th cruise now for some time.  Will it be considered the maiden voyage?  A lot of kinks may need be worked out, is it worth still going?

I wonder if any thing special will go on during that first cruise with paying guests.

1 hour ago, NH Cruisers said:

I have been booked for the October 16th cruise now for some time.  Will it be considered the maiden voyage?  A lot of kinks may need be worked out, is it worth still going?

I wonder if any thing special will go on during that first cruise with paying guests.

Considering they have not had any official public voyages, and it is the voyage I am on, it is the inaugural cruise. All the ones that had early on were tours for media/family.. I expect we will find out about special stuff when we board.. 127 days to go!

I posted this on Virgin's facebook page, I think I asked fair questions:

Virgin Voyages Based on Sir Richard's near bankruptcy, the refusal of the UK to bailout Virgin Atlantic; what guarantee is their that our money is safe, Virgin will actually sail their first voyage, and that your cruise line will make it to 2021? I am deeply concerned, due to your horrible contract provisions, which are an absolute disgrace for a Luxury Line! Again based on the sad state of the Virgin Group, how can we purchase a cruise with you, knowing that our funds are safe and that the product will be as described at booking? You cheapened suite benefits, removing both the comped liquor setup and limo transfers to the pier. I really want to like Virgin Voyages, but I am deeply concerned, as a Miami Beach resident. George

17 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Virgin Voyages Based on Sir Richard's near bankruptcy, the refusal of the UK to bailout Virgin Atlantic; what guarantee is their that our money is safe, Virgin will actually sail their first voyage, and that your cruise line will make it to 2021? I am deeply concerned, due to your horrible contract provisions, which are an absolute disgrace for a Luxury Line! Again based on the sad state of the Virgin Group, how can we purchase a cruise with you, knowing that our funds are safe and that the product will be as described at booking? You cheapened suite benefits, removing both the comped liquor setup and limo transfers to the pier. I really want to like Virgin Voyages, but I am deeply concerned, as a Miami Beach resident. George

Why don't you just accept that VV is not the cruise line for you and walk away?  It's like you took a girl on a date - she didn't turn out to be everything you wanted - and now you can't stop blaming her.  It's a bad fit. Time to move on and look elsewhere.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Have you ever even had a cruise booked on VV?  And what has proven to be "so shady" with VV?  I was owed a refund of over $600 for excursions I had booked for the original April 1 sailing and taxes.  I received it much quicker than people are receiving their refunds from the other cruise lines. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

AND I received ALL my monies for the August cruise Virgin cancelled - within 2 weeks. I consider that extraordinary in these extraordinary times.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 10:39 PM, garymfreedman said:

Considering they have not had any official public voyages, and it is the voyage I am on, it is the inaugural cruise. All the ones that had early on were tours for media/family.. I expect we will find out about special stuff when we board.. 127 days to go!

It's not going to be the official inaugural.  I was booked on the April 1 inaugural and I was rebooked on the August 7.  When i called to rebook for the first voyage in October, assuming it was the inaugural, they told me the official inaugural with the special events will be sometime in 2021 and the first cruise in October is a "soft opening." They advised that I hold off until that date is announced later this year.  I was able to rebook Richard's Birthday Bash which was rescheduled to July 14, 2021.  It annoys me that the cruise in October is not going to be the "inaugural" since it doesn't make sense to me to have the 'inaugural' after the ship has been sailing for months.  

Edited by aimee0715
typo

2 minutes ago, aimee0715 said:

It's not going to be the official inaugural.  I was booked on the April 1 inaugural and I was rebooked on the August 7.  When i called to rebook for the first voyage in October, assuming it was the inaugural, they told me the official inaugural with the special events will be sometime in 2021 and the first cruise in October is a "soft opening." They advised that I hold off until that date is announced later this year.  I was able to rebook Richard's Birthday Bash which was rescheduled to July 14, 2021.  It annoys me that the cruise in October is not going to be the "inaugural" since it doesn't make sense to me to have the 'inaugural' after the ship has been sailing for months.  

Might their reluctance to consider the October sailing the inaugural, because it's iffy if that one will sail?

Just now, Mahogany said:

Might their reluctance to consider the October sailing the inaugural, because it's iffy if that one will sail?

That's my guess.  I think they just want to have it when they are sure that it will be able to actually happen.  Between hurrican season and Covid-19, October is definitely not a sure thing.

10 minutes ago, aimee0715 said:

That's my guess.  I think they just want to have it when they are sure that it will be able to actually happen.  Between hurrican season and Covid-19, October is definitely not a sure thing.

They will also be looking for a date when Richard Branson can be onboard.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 5:27 PM, pcalv said:

Refund has appeared back on my card, 1 week after making the request.

Got my refund! Now just waiting on them to refund for the cabana we purchased and for the correct 25% FCC to show on my account. 

22 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Since you are so knowledgeable you do know that Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Voyages are separate entities? There is no reason for you to be "deeply concerned". It's time for you to move on. Please do some research before you post.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

If Virgin Voyages or any cruise line was to go bankrupt you would get a full refund through your credit card. It is called a charge back. It allows you to get your money back if you’ve paid for a service that you’ve never received. The prerequisite is that you’ve used a credit card as a method of payment. That is it. So you can stop spamming this site and others with your deep concerns about Virgin Voyages going bankrupt. If they do and you paid with a credit card you get all your money back. Somehow I doubt you have booked with them anyway. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, westguy99 said:

If Virgin Voyages or any cruise line was to go bankrupt you would get a full refund through your credit card. It is called a charge back. It allows you to get your money back if you’ve paid for a service that you’ve never received. The prerequisite is that you’ve used a credit card as a method of payment. That is it. So you can stop spamming this site and others with your deep concerns about Virgin Voyages going bankrupt. If they do and you paid with a credit card you get all your money back. Somehow I doubt you have booked with them anyway. 

With regard to chargeback, I've discovered through talking to my bank about a charge back, that VISA has excluded all chargebacks associated with COVID-19 circumstances, which bankrupcy due to COVID-19 would be applicable.  Here's more info https://www.visa.com.au/dam/VCOM/global/support-legal/documents/managing-disputes-through-covid-19.pdf

Edited by pcalv
Missing info
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, pcalv said:

With regard to chargeback, I've discovered through talking to my bank about a charge back, that VISA has excluded all chargebacks associated with COVID-19 circumstances, which bankrupcy due to COVID-19 would be applicable.  Here's more info https://www.visa.com.au/dam/VCOM/global/support-legal/documents/managing-disputes-through-covid-19.pdf

Bankruptcy regardless of cause is still covered by VIsa and other cards as a charge back. If you read your link it does not list bankruptcy as something that is excluded. 

2 hours ago, westguy99 said:

Bankruptcy regardless of cause is still covered by VIsa and other cards as a charge back. If you read your link it does not list bankruptcy as something that is excluded. 

Well let’s hope no one has to put that to the test. Post COVID anything could happen.