Just to be sure about cancelling/refunds WS shore excursions

Petoonya

Last time we did Tahiti there were refunds allowed on shore excursions canceled 24 hours prior. Is that still so? We have a great but only somewhat reliable tour operator, but last time we got stuck with what was left for WS shore excursions because he canceled two days prior. I hope this provider will treat me nice this next trip but in the meantime wonder if I should grab a ship excursion to cover my bases.

Edited by Petoonya

Here is the policy outlined on the Windstar site. I question if/when it has been updated. The statement about each excursion having an individual cancellation policy while on board doesn’t help your dilemma much.

If you or Windstar cancels a tour or shore excursion more than 5 business days prior to your cruise departure date, you will be issued a credit on the credit card you used to pay for your shore excursion reservation. For any cancellations less than 5 days before departure you will receive an onboard credit where your refund will show up as a credit to your shipboard account. If the credit is not fully utilized during your cruise, the balance will be credited back to your credit card by the yacht’s purser.

When you embark on your cruise you will be given a shore excursion booklet and shore excursion booking form. The booking form has a cancellation deadline listed for the shore excursions for each port. If you cancel your tour reservation after the booking deadline stated in the Booking Form, a 100% cancellation fee will apply, since transportation and services will have already been arranged.

8 minutes ago, Barrycat said:

Here is the policy outlined on the Windstar site. I question if/when it has been updated. The statement about each excursion having an individual cancellation policy while on board doesn’t help your dilemma much.

If you or Windstar cancels a tour or shore excursion more than 5 business days prior to your cruise departure date, you will be issued a credit on the credit card you used to pay for your shore excursion reservation. For any cancellations less than 5 days before departure you will receive an onboard credit where your refund will show up as a credit to your shipboard account. If the credit is not fully utilized during your cruise, the balance will be credited back to your credit card by the yacht’s purser.

When you embark on your cruise you will be given a shore excursion booklet and shore excursion booking form. The booking form has a cancellation deadline listed for the shore excursions for each port. If you cancel your tour reservation after the booking deadline stated in the Booking Form, a 100% cancellation fee will apply, since transportation and services will have already been arranged.

Thanks Barrycat- just what I needed.