Picture-A-Week 2020 - Week 21

Pictures taken between Monday, May 18 and Sunday, May 24.

Others have mentioned it, but it bears repeating that photography is a very versatile hobby and taking time out from the worries of these trying times to focus on something familiar and fun provides a healthy and much needed dose of normal.

Stay well.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

Well my back yard was an unusually good spot for plane/aircraft spotting this past Saturday.  A continuation of the national tributes to first-responders and hospital workers during the Covid pandemic, two local military services decided to do Memorial Day fly-bys of the hospitals in the South Florida area - Air Force out of Homestead, Florida, and Coast Guard out of Miami.

Our town's hospital is just 2 miles from me, but even better, between the hospital and my neighborhood sits the airspace of the Boca Raton airport - so when aircraft want to do hospital fly-by tributes, they stay clear of the airport which puts them directly over my house.

Here's some of Saturday's action, as seen from my back yard:

Goodyear Blimp hovering nearby waiting for the flyby to cover it for local news:

original.jpg

Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcons flying overhead:

original.jpg

original.jpg

U.S. Coast Guard MH65 helicopter and C-144 airplane tribute:

original.jpg

Look close in the plane's rear open ramp and you can see a helmeted crew member peering out the back...

original.jpg

• Like 5

This week we loosened the chains again and the family got together for another socially cautious gathering. This time it was to throw a small graduation party for Hailee (High School) and Savannah (Middle School) on the actual scheduled day that it would have happened on if the world hadn’t gone all Bizarro. Their Auntie made personalized cakes for each of them and we brought dinner from the iconic Vince's spaghetti restaurant. It was fun. We have really missed the family visits, impromptu or otherwise and it was good to see real people. The graduates seemed to appreciate the party that their aunt insisted they needed, right down to the little bottles of bubbles with graduation caps for lids.

Bubble Girl

p3901685183-5.jpg

Dave

• Like 2

15 hours ago, pierces said:

This week we loosened the chains again and the family got together for another socially cautious gathering. This time it was to throw a small graduation party for Hailee (High School) and Savannah (Middle School) on the actual scheduled day that it would have happened on if the world hadn’t gone all Bizarro. Their Auntie made personalized cakes for each of them and we brought dinner from the iconic Vince's spaghetti restaurant. It was fun. We have really missed the family visits, impromptu or otherwise and it was good to see real people. The graduates seemed to appreciate the party that their aunt insisted they needed, right down to the little bottles of bubbles with graduation caps for lids.

Bubble Girl

p3901685183-5.jpg

Dave

CUTE!

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 7:50 PM, pierces said:

Bubble Girl

p3901685183-5.jpg

Dave

This photo captures pure innocence in my eyes and I just love it! Beautiful!

What a wonderful graduation and being all about family.

Thank you.

Denise😊

• Like 1