How many FCC's can be applied to a new or existing booking?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Anyone that has a FCC can use it to book with whomever they want.  Royal, same TA or different TA.  The client owns the FCC and is free to use it as they choose.  If the TA has the FCC number and the original reservation number they can use it on behalf of the client.

It has to be in FCC form.  A TA cannot take over an old booking unless it meets the criteria (under 60 days since creation and not paid in full)

So, just to be clear, if a TA used someone’s Next Cruise booking on a cruise they now want to cancel, that person can call, cancel the booking, and get the FCC for the NRD without the TA being involved?  

Edited by pstone1

38 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

So, just to be clear, if a TA used someone’s Next Cruise booking on a cruise they now want to cancel, that person can call, cancel the booking, and get the FCC for the NRD without the TA being involved?  

no, if the TA has taken control then it is now the TA who must do it unless you get a link in an e mail that allows you to do that.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

no, if the TA has taken control then it is now the TA who must do it unless you get a link in an e mail that allows you to do that.

Thanks Ken!  That’s what I thought but wanted to make sure I was right.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not on here.....  😇

I still would be a friend. Dont let them get you down about booking suites.

If you have the money and your TA can do the math, go for it. I just got a lesson today how a diamond discount winds up being $85. TA said oh lots of threads. I missed the math section obviously lol on how every discount goes against the diamond discount. Still a great deal, but travel agents must be having lots of bad days. I usually book last minute, go rebook. All this booking in advance, fcc rules. Lol you would think I wasnt smart in math. 

Kudos to you and your TA. I say to him too, because I think booking is more complicated than ever. Many of us never had a fcc before. So hats off to both of you.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, atb said:

OK - part 2 of this question.  We will have 4 sets of FCC.  They are not a direct match to cruises we will apply them to, so we get our change back in the form of FCC.  At that point, we will have 4 small FCC.  Bummer if we couldn't put them on 1 cruise, all of the small fCC won't be close to covering another cruise.  At that point, could we get our change back in cash refund?

Which is why I decided on a refund for 2nd fcc.

Using 2 with changing rules ... refund 2nd and use cash.

And it's not just trying to use leftover fcc, you have to book far enough apart to give them time to reissue AFTER you return from first cruise. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I still would be a friend. Dont let them get you down about booking suites.

If you have the money and your TA can do the math, go for it. I just got a lesson today how a diamond discount winds up being $85. TA said oh lots of threads. I missed the math section obviously lol on how every discount goes against the diamond discount. Still a great deal, but travel agents must be having lots of bad days. I usually book last minute, go rebook. All this booking in advance, fcc rules. Lol you would think I wasnt smart in math. 

Kudos to you and your TA. I say to him too, because I think booking is more complicated than ever. Many of us never had a fcc before. So hats off to both of you.

Thanks. My NEW TA got us an awesome deal on a OS Harmony. Can’t mention his name here but he is good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Thanks. My NEW TA got us an awesome deal on a OS Harmony. Can’t mention his name here but he is good. 

Me too or obviously I'd be lost.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I got one of those as well

Heck I've never had a fcc before or a cruise I changed. Poor TA, obviously good.

Molly me too. I bet he is praying the cruises start up soon and they quit changing rules and changing cruises.

Hahahahaha ... next up I predict port and ship changes.

Rcl put off their new dock #3 in Galveston which seems like it could be a problem lol.  Allure needs the new bigger port that rcl delayed by a year. Allure or not is already a hot topic out of Galveston 

Carnival radiance was to be redone and sent to dry dock and carnival cancelled the refit. I was kind of looking at the 14 day partial panama fall 2021, but not paying for a refurbished ship I know isnt going to happen. Carnival mardi gras quit taking some bookings on first cruises ... new ship. Says the italian ship yard closed march 16 and some workers have come back slowly and will get 7 masks a week. Surely that wouldnt delay time table right? 

And some ports might get changed. I dont think rcl put in that new screen to check off on ports for no reason.

Next round of changes and complaints. 

Edited by firefly333

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

And it's not just trying to use leftover fcc, you have to book far enough apart to give them time to reissue AFTER you return from first cruise. 

I didn't realize this caveat until today.  It took 3 attempts to get the FCC to the correct amount but it was not split evenly between the hubby and I, which meant I had FCC to use on both of our cruises for next year.  Not a huge deal as we had cruises rebooked for 2021.  Called to apply the FCC and they said no problem to applying the FCC split between both sailings. I later received an email stating my FCC had already been redeemed so I couldn't use it on my February sailing.  They processed the FCC on the August 2021 cruise first and the balance wouldn't be reissued until AFTER we sailed.  So now we're on the phone again to undo it so I can apply the FCC to the February 2021 cruise instead.  I certainly hope that 7 weeks between returning from our first sailing and final payment is enough time to issue the remaining FCC correctly lol.  It is truly comical how much time I've dedicated to trips that have not happened and may not happen 🤪

At the end of the day, the hassle is just a minor annoyance and we will have a couple amazing vacations next year.  Just wish this could be simpler: Issue the FCC almost like a gift card and let people use it as a form of payment against the cruise fare, cruise planner purchases, etc.  With FCC being applied against the cruise fare, it makes it a nightmare to price match especially now that Royal is allowing you to do so after final payment.  My advice for all is to keep meticulous records, you will most likely need them at one point or another.

I can't find any cruise I want to lift and shift my August sailing and have nothing I want to apply a FCC to.  Can I just call and ask for a FCC with a view to using it one day in the future when the right itinerary comes along?

Also, It's only a deposit, final payment isn't until June. Would I get the full deposit amount as FCC or would they deduct anything?

12 hours ago, RG306 said:

I certainly hope that 7 weeks between returning from our first sailing and final payment is enough time to issue the remaining FCC

I have been told as long as there is 3 weeks it can be processed.  Call as soon as you get home to get the remaining FCC expedited. 

• Like 1

Somehow in Royal Caribbean's infinite talents, removing a FCC of $867 from a booking with an original balance of $2249 (before the application of the FCC in the first place) results in a new balance of $4328.  So I am on hold again trying to correct my future bookings for 3rd time this week. 🤪