AUGUST 1st target to resume operations

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCL) said it is targeting the middle of summer to resume sailings after they have been suspended since mid-March due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The cruise operator earlier said it expects to return to service on Aug. 1. On Thursday, it warned that a ban on cruising past the third quarter would hurt its current and forecasted liquidity levels, including its assumption that it has enough liquidity for the next 12 months.

Only time will tell...

• Like 1

The subject is dicussed in various other threads already in the Forum.

It is realistic that operation of some sort will commence begining of August but it will be very limited; I would say 2-5 ships global at max and at the easliest.

• Thanks 1

August 1st way too optimistic.  I suspect they will start with non-sailing vacations. Dock the ship but not go anywhere out of fear of not being allowed back in port.  No way you'd get me on a ship leaving port anytime soon. I want to know I can get back off the ship!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

August 1st way too optimistic.  I suspect they will start with non-sailing vacations. Dock the ship but not go anywhere out of fear of not being allowed back in port.  No way you'd get me on a ship leaving port anytime soon. I want to know I can get back off the ship!

Speaking as someone who was on a ship when all this started to get bad and was denied access to our disembarkation port (as well as 6 other ports during the sailing) there is zero chance that I would sail on a ship in this environment.  Only slightly worse than sitting on a ship for 7 days or more and go nowhere.  Not if I have to pay.  ☺️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jwc1027 said:

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCL) said it is targeting the middle of summer to resume sailings after they have been suspended since mid-March due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The cruise operator earlier said it expects to return to service on Aug. 1. On Thursday, it warned that a ban on cruising past the third quarter would hurt its current and forecasted liquidity levels, including its assumption that it has enough liquidity for the next 12 months.

Only time will tell...

Per the Royal Caribbean website:

image.png.501da0cbd6855c392938d5e6e25f99e4.png

This is a Goal and I highly doubt they will want to be one of the first to restart cruises that day.     

Carnival cruises had previously announced they would restart August 1st but that date is not yet confirmed and rumor on their posts is that may be pushed back to September 1st.    

As of right now the US has all ports and all borders closed indefinitely.    They will re-evaluate every 30-days.   Just like RCL is doing.   

If RCL starts cruising too soon and god forbid an outbreak happens their business with go to the crapper.    Instead it is in their best interest to continue with the wait and see pattern.    

I attended the investors webinar call yesterday from 10 am to 11 am EST and they said over and over they have no idea when they will start to sail again.   They will slowly restart their sailings possible in the Asia and Europe markets at first.     But they will not sail until everyone on the ship will be Safe and Feel Safe.       You can read into that however you want.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Per the Royal Caribbean website:

image.png.501da0cbd6855c392938d5e6e25f99e4.png

This is a Goal and I highly doubt they will want to be one of the first to restart cruises that day.     

Carnival cruises had previously announced they would restart August 1st but that date is not yet confirmed and rumor on their posts is that may be pushed back to September 1st.    

As of right now the US has all ports and all borders closed indefinitely.    They will re-evaluate every 30-days.   Just like RCL is doing.   

If RCL starts cruising too soon and god forbid an outbreak happens their business with go to the crapper.    Instead it is in their best interest to continue with the wait and see pattern.    

I attended the investors webinar call yesterday from 10 am to 11 am EST and they said over and over they have no idea when they will start to sail again.   They will slowly restart their sailings possible in the Asia and Europe markets at first.     But they will not sail until everyone on the ship will be Safe and Feel Safe.       You can read into that however you want.    

I agree and believe cruising will slowly phase in. Very few ships in the beginning phase. Maybe they will be Pinnacle only cruises. 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I agree and believe cruising will slowly phase in. Very few ships in the beginning phase. Maybe they will be Pinnacle only cruises. 😇

Yes, I strongly agree cruising will slowly phase in just like everything else that is slowly re-opening and all have new standards to be met.      Like they said in the webinar yesterday everyone thought travel would be non-existent after 911 but we all adapted and travel has never been higher than recent years.    We will all adapt to the new future with covid or hopefully post covid just need patience for all of this to get worked out.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Or suites only😇

Answering for a friend

Edited by molly361
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Or suites only😇

Answering for a friend

LOL....good one.   His Pinnacle phobia problem is really...really ...getting old.  😣

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL....good one.   The Pinnacle bashing is really...really ...getting old.  😣

Who bashed Pinnacles?  What better way for a Royal to begin sailing again (with limited sailings),  to celebrate their Pinnacle’s, with the first few cruises, as Pinnacle cruises.

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Who bashed Pinnacles?  What better way for a Royal to begin sailing again (with limited sailings),  to celebrate their Pinnacle’s, with the first few cruises, as Pinnacle cruises.

Will they close the DL then

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Ummm...yeah... I am sure that is what you meant.    

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Virgin Cruises in on hold until October 16th and they only have one ship to manage.  I can only imagine how the other lines with multiple ships will do it.

Scarlet Lady hasn’t even had any paying guests yet , bypassed the media launch party in New York went straight to Miami just as it was all kicking off  and the world went into meltdown. 

1 minute ago, heatherb1958 said:

Scarlet Lady hasn’t even had any paying guests yet , bypassed the media launch party in New York went straight to Miami just as it was all kicking off  and the world went into meltdown. 

And without any other ships in the fleet, she's been hanging out all alone north of Bimini.😔

Royal would love having "Pinnacle Only  Cruises"  for the start up cruises, it would thin out the herd of them after every sailing 😉  It would be like that song "99 Bottles of Beer"but change the words to "Pinanacle's on the gang plank"....

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If they sail just a few ships, like Mariner, at 50% or less capacity, why not make the first few Pinnacle only cruises. You have something against Pinnacles?

🤣😂

Wow...just wow.   

• Like 2