AUGUST 1st target to resume operations

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura wore a mask for two hours getting her nails done yesterday. Said it was rough.

I have a massage in 90 minutes, not sure what to expect

What ship?  The Good Ship Ocala?😇

2 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Yeah that sounds like it. It seems pretty official - like something that was meant for engineering.

Wow, interesting. I wish I had been fast enough to see it before that post was deleted!

3 hours ago, Dwight1 said:

No it was Not directed at you but just posted it as it talked about masks onboard ships for general knowledge. I see people wearing  masks in their cars, jogging by themselves ,etc. these are the worry warts .

Every day I see people wearing masks while biking alone on our rural road.  You call them worry warts, I call them idiots.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Did anyone see the leaked NCL relaunch Excel sheet last night? If true the first sailing would be the Encore on September 29th followed by four ships in October. It included Oceania and Regent as well.

Yes.  It highlights the propulsion system of each ship in the fleet so likely something to do with engineering. 

It showed no ships sailing before the end of September, the 1 Oceania and 1 NCL.

Then 6 in October, 1 Oceania, 1 Regent and 4 NCL.

Staggered openings then through January and February  (and 1 final, Regatta, in April).

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Isn't Royal always the last line to announce their expanded cancellations?

Yes mam. It sure seems that way. They can’t seem to handle the backlog of refunds they have now. Cancelling more cruises that far out will simply overwhelm them. Not to mention the cash flow. 

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Must be nice to be able to afford all the POM docking fees.

Two weeks ago, according to Port of Miami social media page, Mayor Gimenez again extended the waiver of berthing fees for POM's cruise ship partners. I have not heard anything like that from Port Everglades or the Broward County  Mayor's office. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

It is still on the NCL board buried under a different heading.

Thanks, I just went over to the NCL Board and was reading about this topic. We have already cancelled our NCL Star TA to South America, but I was curious to see if it was actually going to sail. 

3 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Two weeks ago, according to Port of Miami social media page, Mayor Gimenez again extended the waiver of berthing fees for POM's cruise ship partners. I have not heard anything like that from Port Everglades or the Broward County  Mayor's office. 

That sounds familiar, I wasn't certain though

27 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Every day I see people wearing masks while biking alone on our rural road.  You call them worry warts, I call them idiots.

Dr faucci was asked about wearing a mask while driving around in the car to get out of the house and he recommended it. I live alone, no one else drives my car and its parked in my garage. Hes lost a lot of credibility with me.

Hes too cautious 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

That sounds familiar, I wasn't certain though

Just found the Press Release. The Mayor seems very supportive of the cruise lines. I have found no evidence of similar support from Broward County or Port Everglades.

Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez extends waiver of lay berth fees for another 30 days in support of PortMiami's cruise partners

MIAMI ( May 13, 2020 )

As the cruise industry continues to experience the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez shows support for PortMiami’s cruise line partners by extending the waiver of lay berth and harbor fees. Effective immediately, this waiver is extended for an additional 30 days through June 11, 2020, subject to availability. 

On March 13, 2020, Mayor Gimenez announced a 30-day waiver of all lay berth fees for PortMiami’s home-ported vessels. (See original press release here.)

On April 9, 2020, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced a No Sail Order for cruise ships for up to 100 days. Consequently, on April 13th the Mayor extended the waiver through May 12th and broadened the definition of the waiver to apply to any vessel owned by a cruise company that has a berthing or operating agreement with Miami-Dade County. (See original press release here.)

The time period for the waiver can be amended, as needed, at Miami-Dade County’s sole discretion.

“Miami-Dade is known for being the Cruise Capital of the World, and PortMiami for being one of the main economic drivers of our local economy,” said Mayor Gimenez.  “It is certainly painful to see the financial effect that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on one of our most important industries. We have a great, long-standing relationship with the lines, and we will continue to offer support.”

6 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Two weeks ago, according to Port of Miami social media page, Mayor Gimenez again extended the waiver of berthing fees for POM's cruise ship partners.

If that is the case, then why are the docks not filled -surely, it must be cheaper than at anchorage. Maybe @chengkp75 has the answer.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

If that is the case, then why are the docks not filled -surely, it must be cheaper than at anchorage. Maybe @chengkp75 has the answer.

I just posted the POM Press Release. Seems to be a big difference in cruise ship support between POM and Port Everglades. 

27 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Made me think of this meme I saw the other day...

0E18D96E-E098-4FBD-AE8C-6E1595DDE6EC.thumb.jpeg.f9aa93ed52dac079622dd4d78193d619.jpeg

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Dr faucci was asked about wearing a mask while driving around in the car to get out of the house and he recommended it. I live alone, no one else drives my car and its parked in my garage. Hes lost a lot of credibility with me.

Hes too cautious 

He probably sleeps alone and wears a condom.  😄  (Stolen from the humor thread).  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dwight1 said:

It was inevitable these days that with push back by some “experts” who did not agree with the statement that the waffling of the original message would begin. Except in long term care, nursing homes and those over 80 this is no more serious than the flu. In our state if you eliminate the deaths from this three sources that Death number goes down by 70%.

Another comment with no research.  Seems fairly common here.

It was the Doctor who released the original statement who clarified it. And you do know the difference between clarification and "waffling" right?

I guess you are right.  It IS no more serious than the flu, since those total lock downs with the flu the last 15 years were truly effective.  I was so tired of being in my house every winter between 2005 and 2019 that I thought I was gonna go nuts.

• Like 2