Cruise ports that are welcoming cruisers back when the companies are ready

seaman11

"When the cruise lines are ready to sail again." Is the operative phrase.  Got some CDC hoops to jump through.  Don admitted the Alaska season is history this year and forget about Australia.

• Like 1

I was surprised that the Bahamas is so anxious as the fellow in this video states, so I did a quick Google search.  This was as of May 18th:

Tribune Business reports Bahamian Prime Minister Dr Hubert Minnis announced the country is considering plans to resume domestic travel.

"We are looking at a possible date for commercial travel on or before July 1 of this year," he said. "These dates may change depending on the circumstance. I want to repeat, however, that this date is not final."

"It will be adjusted if we see a deterioration of the COVID-19 infection trends or if we’ve determined that the protocols and procedures are not in place sufficiently to warrant this opening."

I think the guy in the video is overstating a bit.

• Like 2

These ports are waiting for the operations to start. Basically they almost had no job for three month. They only maintenance they had was maintenance of fishing boats. I really hope cruisers will be back on track and people will have jobs to do. It should happen very soon  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

I was surprised that the Bahamas is so anxious as the fellow in this video states, so I did a quick Google search.  This was as of May 18th:

Tribune Business reports Bahamian Prime Minister Dr Hubert Minnis announced the country is considering plans to resume domestic travel.

"We are looking at a possible date for commercial travel on or before July 1 of this year," he said. "These dates may change depending on the circumstance. I want to repeat, however, that this date is not final."

"It will be adjusted if we see a deterioration of the COVID-19 infection trends or if we’ve determined that the protocols and procedures are not in place sufficiently to warrant this opening."

I think the guy in the video is overstating a bit.

well we know there wont be any cruises till august, so i think he means by then these places are welcoming cruise ships. as i had said, before many times, they miss the tourism money. 

Edited by seaman11

39 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Oh no....another thread started by 'Uncle Albert'....perhaps the moderators will note the ridiculous number of his new threads, all with similar themes! 🙃

why this is different news.  i know news some argued against.  😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, odie1024 said:

Thanks Seaman11 for the update. I have a cruise sailing on November 9th and hoping its a go. Its also a repositioning cruise so hoping it has a better chance of sailing.

where may i ask is it from and going?   caribbean ports are looking good at the moment. 

33 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

where may i ask is it from and going?   caribbean ports are looking good at the moment. 

We are sailing out of  NYC and ending in New Orleans. Stops in the Domincan Republic, ABC islands, Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

9 minutes ago, odie1024 said:

We are sailing out of  NYC and ending in New Orleans. Stops in the Domincan Republic, ABC islands, Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

Hopefully that goes sounds like a nice itinerary.  Ny is going to be a lot slower opening up ports then the southern ports in the us.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, seaman11 said:

There have been many stating where would the cruises go , no one or country would want them back this summer. 

well here is the update on which ones  are ready for cruise ships again. 

Hey. You’re catching up to Bird. Keep up the good work.

5 hours ago, seaman11 said:

There have been many stating where would the cruises go , no one or country would want them back this summer. 

well here is the update on which ones  are ready for cruise ships again. 

As usually, good 'ole Don has zero useful or substantiated information. A lot of arm waving and made up conjecture. No facts. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

As usually, good 'ole Don has zero useful or substantiated information. A lot of arm waving and made up conjecture. No facts. 

https://cruiseradio.net/bahamas-could-welcome-cruise-ships-back-july-1st/

i think you are wrong, they need the tourism dollars and the covid numbers are declining.  also ships plan to start in august so there is 2 and a half months more for numbers to decline further. 

Edited by seaman11

14 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

i think you are wrong, they need the tourism dollars and the covid numbers are declining.  also ships plan to start in august so there is 2 and a half months more for numbers to decline further. 

14 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Or numbers to increase with most states opening up. It's all a guessing game, however IF cases increase the shutdowns will begin again.

The landscape changes weekly.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Or numbers to increase with most states opening up. It's all a guessing game, however IF cases increase the shutdowns will begin again.

The landscape changes weekly.

Numbers increase a bit when reopening and yes ppl go crazy and dont play it safe.  However it should go back down and we are passed the curve in many southern states.  

6 hours ago, hamrag said:

Oh no....another thread started by 'Uncle Albert'....perhaps the moderators will note the ridiculous number of his new threads, all with similar themes! 🙃

I genuinely feel sorry for him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

Numbers increase a bit when reopening and yes ppl go crazy and dont play it safe.  However it should go back down and we are passed the curve in many southern states.  

The numbers say that less than 20% of the population has had COVID. 80% of the people can catch it if they exposed to someone with it. "Pass the curve" just says that enough people have stayed at home long enough to prevent sick people infecting them. If people wander out saying "We're past the curve, we're safe" and don't practice smart social distancing, then every major city in the US will look like NY. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

Tell that to the folks in Alabama.  Montgomery is full up on intensive care beds and now sending patients to Birmingham and Mobile.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The numbers say that less than 20% of the population has had COVID. 80% of the people can catch it if they exposed to someone with it. "Pass the curve" just says that enough people have stayed at home long enough to prevent sick people infecting them. If people wander out saying "We're past the curve, we're safe" and don't practice smart social distancing, then every major city in the US will look like NY. 

On average more like 5%, may have peaks as in NYC where the numbers might be 15-20%, but in most areas not nearly that high. Though will need to wait for a large study to have a really good view.

New study in Sweden says only  7% in Stockholm showing antibodies (the posture child for trying for natural herd immunity)  Study in Spain showing the same thing (12-14% in Madrid, 7% in Barcelona, and 5% national average)  Exposure numbers are still pretty low.

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Superb comment - Seaman 11 falls for every bit of advertising he sees and believe it. He does not recognise the difference between  PR and industry interests and marketing and real news. And when he see real news he gets it wrong such as the NCL to have a new plan. The picture he posst is industry self interested parties. 

In that article there are no facts so I am sorry seaman "fake news".

Edited by Mrdodgy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Agreed. I’m sure he is a very nice guy however his videos and over the top opinions are trash.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, npcl said:

Tell that to the folks in Alabama.  Montgomery is full up on intensive care beds and now sending patients to Birmingham and Mobile.

As i said . when states open (which i think some did a few weeks to early) cases rise initalially. But not more than the peak.  That is why im still staying home as much as i can for a few weeks after my state started opening.  

its the people.  They are going out , gathering and protesting. Not understanding the stay at home orders are to save their lives.  This uproar put pressure to open states sooner than they should have.  

• Like 1