Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
seaman11

Cruise ports that are welcoming cruisers back when the companies are ready

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, seaman11 said:

 I agree we will be sailing soon...

 

What is todays definition of 'soon'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, hamrag said:

 

What is todays definition of 'soon'?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

 

 

You still a believer for August....100%?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hamrag said:

 

You still a believer for August....100%?

Nothing is a 100 percent, but it looks good as things are opening up.  florida or texas to the bahamas / jamaica / private island, is the best shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Nothing is a 100 percent, but it looks good as things are opening up.  florida or texas to the bahamas / jamaica / private island, is the best shot. 

Death and taxes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NCL still selling tickets for Escape 8/1/20 cruise out of Germany.  Escape is currently scheduled to get to Manila Bay on 7/2/20 to repatriate Filipino crew.  If things go as they have for other ships they will be there for at least 3 weeks.  Seriously doubt they will leave Manila on 7/23/20, be taking on cruisers in Germany on 8/1/20.  Just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mugtech said:

NCL still selling tickets for Escape 8/1/20 cruise out of Germany.  Escape is currently scheduled to get to Manila Bay on 7/2/20 to repatriate Filipino crew.  If things go as they have for other ships they will be there for at least 3 weeks.  Seriously doubt they will leave Manila on 7/23/20, be taking on cruisers in Germany on 8/1/20.  Just my opinion.

 

Maybe seaman11 can help. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mugtech said:

NCL still selling tickets for Escape 8/1/20 cruise out of Germany.  Escape is currently scheduled to get to Manila Bay on 7/2/20 to repatriate Filipino crew.  If things go as they have for other ships they will be there for at least 3 weeks.  Seriously doubt they will leave Manila on 7/23/20, be taking on cruisers in Germany on 8/1/20.  Just my opinion.

This cruise will not  happen - I think they hope to recrew the ship in Manila as its the only way crew can get to the ship 

 

Might pick up others on route.

 

I think Seaman is right on this one - NCL will be slow to restart but restart they will

 

I suspect he is out by a month or two but enough said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This cruise will not  happen - I think they hope to recrew the ship in Manila as its the only way crew can get to the ship 
 
Might pick up others on route.
 
I think Seaman is right on this one - NCL will be slow to restart but restart they will
 
I suspect he is out by a month or two but enough said. 


I have not seen anything from the cruise lines on their plans to re crew the ships. Ships that have been repatriating crew members have not been taking on new crew. At this time there is no reason to be optimistic about the timing of cruises restarting.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 5:33 PM, BirdTravels said:

As usually, good 'ole Don has zero useful or substantiated information. A lot of arm waving and made up conjecture. No facts. 

Agree.  And from our observation, anti-NCL; if anything bad has happened in the cruise world there is often an NCL ship behind him in his thumbnail photo on YT.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Nothing is a 100 percent, but it looks good as things are opening up.  florida or texas to the bahamas / jamaica / private island, is the best shot. 

I've read a few things now (and also watched Royal's CEO video yesterday) that seem to point to Asia and Europe cruises opening first.  Richard Fain pointed out that those two geographies are much further along in terms of Covid recovery compared to the US.  Another article I read online also suggested that cruises in those areas would be back first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

I've read a few things now (and also watched Royal's CEO video yesterday) that seem to point to Asia and Europe cruises opening first.  Richard Fain pointed out that those two geographies are much further along in terms of Covid recovery compared to the US.  Another article I read online also suggested that cruises in those areas would be back first.

I heard that as well . interesting to see what happen in july .  as far as the US ports , im liking texas and florida ports first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

I heard that as well . interesting to see what happen in july .  as far as the US ports , im liking texas and florida ports first. 

I agree for US. NYC will be awhile I'm thinking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pcakes122 said:

NYC will be awhile I'm thinking!

YES !!

NYC and NJ were hit very hard...here in NJ  STILL on almost lock down.  If we can't get a hair cut or go into a clothing store, etc...I don't see how ships will sail anytime soon.  

and PS..NYC mayor is in no hurry to open up !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jaja said:

YES !!

NYC and NJ were hit very hard...here in NJ  STILL on almost lock down.  If we can't get a hair cut or go into a clothing store, etc...I don't see how ships will sail anytime soon.  

and PS..NYC mayor is in no hurry to open up !

I'm in New Jersey as well. Folks across the country don't seem to have a clue what's really going on in our world!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

I'm in New Jersey as well. Folks across the country don't seem to have a clue what's really going on in our world!

That would be an incorrect statement.  I'm in the Midwest and we're more than aware of what's going on in that region.  Funny though because even though in some areas out here the disease barely exists we get crap because we don't think we should be on lockdown with all the extreme measures that the "hot spots" have.

 

One Country, One Fight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jaja said:

YES !!

NYC and NJ were hit very hard...here in NJ  STILL on almost lock down.  If we can't get a hair cut or go into a clothing store, etc...I don't see how ships will sail anytime soon.  

and PS..NYC mayor is in no hurry to open up !

My atlantic city trip june 8th got cancelled no new reservations till july 1st they told me.  Nc casino near Tennessee is open already.  Northern states got hit harder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

That would be an incorrect statement.  I'm in the Midwest and we're more than aware of what's going on in that region.  Funny though because even though in some areas out here the disease barely exists we get crap because we don't think we should be on lockdown with all the extreme measures that the "hot spots" have.

 

One Country, One Fight!

Once travel opens up it only takes one asymptomatic infected person from our area to fly to the Midwest and start a hotspot.  So I wouldn't speak too soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

Once travel opens up it only takes one asymptomatic infected person from our area to fly to the Midwest and start a hotspot.  So I wouldn't speak too soon.

 

 

If it happens, it happens.  The country can't stay in lockdown forever no matter what kind of responsible or intelligent measures are taken.

Edited by ColeThornton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

 

 

If it happens, it happens.  The country can't stay in lockdown forever no matter what kind of responsible or intelligent measures are taken.

Are you in lockdown? I'm not even in lockdown in New Jersey and we still have the most restrictions that I know of (except for NYC.)  Maybe I don't understand what you mean by lockdown.

 

I go out every single day and have been doing so for the past month. I was stuck in the house for 2 months with Covid-19 and I haven't stayed in my house a single day since I recovered.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

Are you in lockdown? I'm not even in lockdown in New Jersey and we still have the most restrictions that I know of (except for NYC.)  Maybe I don't understand what you mean by lockdown.

 

I go out every single day and have been doing so for the past month. I was stuck in the house for 2 months with Covid-19 and I haven't stayed in my house a single day since I recovered.  

 

 

We're like many places, masks must be worn in stores, no bars, restaurants, gyms, movie theaters, restricted access to medical facilities, so on and so forth.  Supposedly on the first of the month our part of the state goes to the next stage of lifting Covid restrictions.  (Fingers crossed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
We're like many places, masks must be worn in stores, no bars, restaurants, gyms, movie theaters, restricted access to medical facilities, so on and so forth.  Supposedly on the first of the month our part of the state goes to the next stage of lifting Covid restrictions.  (Fingers crossed).


We call the above stay at home. So my county live is still in stay at home but two blocks away on the other side of the line they are going to safer at home on Friday. There restaurants will be able to have outdoor seating and some other restrictions are lifting. I think barbers and hair salons by appointment. Having neighborhoods so close to each other in different phases makes little sense.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

 


We call the above stay at home. So my county live is still in stay at home but two blocks away on the other side of the line they are going to safer at home on Friday. There restaurants will be able to have outdoor seating and some other restrictions are lifting. I think barbers and hair salons by appointment. Having neighborhoods so close to each other in different phases makes little sense.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

 

We are still in 'stay at home' also, but there are exceptions such as going outside (I go for long drives every day just to get sun and air. We are also allowed to have indoor gatherings of 10 people and outdoor gatherings of 25 people. At those gatherings we are not required to wear masks but are "strongly encouraged" to.  Here's the NJ guidelines: https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-information/general-public/for-which-reasons-can-i-leave-my-home-or-place-of-residence-what-are-the-“stay-at-home”-rules-in-new-jersey

 

I definitely don't think that the world needs to stop and as long as people are being socially responsible I think we'll get back to "almost normal" soon. The only thing that I am strongly against at this point is large crowds (sporting events, concerts, cruising, etc.)  Until we know more about this virus, I think those situations could be big trouble.

 

But I am not going to stop living because I'm not cruising.  I have no cruises booked this year (I canceled them all), but I am planning a land vacation in August.  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, seaman11 said:

My atlantic city trip june 8th got cancelled no new reservations till july 1st they told me.  Nc casino near Tennessee is open already.  Northern states got hit harder. 

So yet again I am correct. You were adamant that you had been able to book something and I said it would be cancelled

 

You asked me to comment about AC - its  closed 

 

All your bluster about booking and its opening up. I told you weeks ago that your booking would not go ahead and that it was a long way off. Its the same with cruises. and as for Europe - no chance of big cruise ships - they are not wanted this year,

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mrdodgy said:

... about AC - its closed 

... Its the same with cruises. and as for Europe - no chance of big cruise ships - they are not wanted this year,

 

Ditto ... it's about go easy and SMART with rules & metrics.  He is not the only person dreaming and hoping to get back to cruising.  Cut the poor solo cruiser a break, in one of his post, mentioned that he himself is part of that vulnerable population and by definition, at high risk.  But, it has to and should be done safely, and not to needlessly result in more Covid-19 (and other preventable diseases) hospitalization and death.   

 

The prospects for a land-based vacation, closer to home is going to be better this year than a cruise ... well, we might go a little fishing on a niece's "small" boat, not far from here.  

 

Here in the Northeast - CT's 2 major casinos on Indian tribal sovereign land are planning to open portions of their property on June 1 as part of a statewide phase 1 recovery, with safety rules, guidelines, procedures and restrictions - including residency, who can go play & stay and cannot.  No marketing and visitors from NY and MA at this point (thus, no hotel stay.)  Buffets closed and some dining options available for take-out orders only and no valet parking.  Indoor smoking is banned entirely at this time.  Contactless temperature checks and mask is mandatory except when eating/drinking. Detailed specifics is here for MS.  for reference. 

 

This is another preview for the new normal in real time as articulated. Gaming properties in AC has not posted their approved plans for the general public, AFAIK - some of them will likely be modeled those being put in place in Nevada and Connecticut.  

 

No doubt, new rules & some of it will be modeled onboard cruise ships - standby for more heated debate and disagreement.  Going to roast some popcorn ... our refrigerator and freezer fully restocked earlier this week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...