Cruise ports that are welcoming cruisers back when the companies are ready

seaman11

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

i remember . but im trying to figure out what are you still arguing about? unless you are trying to play both sides.

Not playing both sides .

Hows this I said NO May ,NO June, and highly doubtful July which turned out to be FACT.

You were the one that asked me what month it is where I live which was stupid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Not playing both sides .

Hows this I said NO May ,NO June, and highly doubtful July which turned out to be FACT.

You were the one that asked me what month it is where I live which was stupid

So im asking you now what is the argument. U were right about may-july.  

14 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Never mind, it’s useless

No you are arguing what now? See u are trying to play both sides."  2021 crowd.  " If its aug or sept oct.  Its still before 2021. So we should be seeing eye to eye now. 

Whenever the ships are ready these carrabean ports will welcome them.  Shouldnt be much of an argument. 

Edited by seaman11

19 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Whenever the ships are ready these carrabean ports will welcome them.  Shouldnt be much of an argument. 

One of many factors that will define when the ships will be ready is when the ports are ready. You have the issue backwards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

No you are arguing what now? See u are trying to play both sides."  2021 crowd.  " If its aug or sept oct.  Its still before 2021. So we should be seeing eye to eye now. 

What don’t YOU understand I’ve NEVER mentioned 2021 get over it

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Bogle said:

One of many factors that will define when the ships will be ready is when the ports are ready. You have the issue backwards.

Well thats what some ports are saying like Jamaica and Bahamas. They will be ready before the august cdc go ahead.  In fact some of these places are allowing tourist starting in june. 

4 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

What don’t YOU understand I’ve NEVER mentioned 2021 get over it

Yes sandusky i realize that. But again ill ask then whats the argument of some ports not accepting ships in a few months? 

Edited by seaman11

Consider this idea: The Bahamas are ready for cruise ships to visit their ports, all of them. The Bahamian government invites NCL to start sailing a ship from Nassau. The ship is registered in the Bahamas. The airport in Nassau can handle a ship's worth of passengers....what's the problem?

The Bahamas are not ready for mass tourism from a floating petri dish.

Edited by Paul Bogle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

LOL, gonna need to have strong sea legs for this year's USA hurricane season to sail out of southern ports like PC or POM, etc. and lots of flexibility with travel plans.

https://www.noaa.gov/media-release/busy-atlantic-hurricane-season-predicted-for-2020

But, wait, we are talkin' about Nassau the "dump" despised by seasoned CC'er as one of the most hated port to visit, sworn that they don't get off the ship and referenced State Dept advisories & warnings about crime & safety on the island.  Gotcha.  

On top, what is this early warning about a pending 2nd. wave of Covid-19 hitting the southern US, including AL, TX, GA and even FL based on the latest revised models, projections and data feeds.  Of course, it's believed by some to be no worst than the seasonal flu, gonna disappear like voodoo magic especially with warm weather.  Are they going to give preference to residents of certain states only and US passports holders only, banning everyone else from other infected regions and countries?  What could possibly go against the odds.  

P.S.  The same port that refused to allow cruise ships with crews onboard, waiting to be repatriated over the past 2 months.  Am I mistaken ??

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Paul Bogle said:

Consider this idea: The Bahamas are ready for cruise ships to visit their ports, all of them. The Bahamian government invites NCL to start sailing a ship from Nassau. The ship is registered in the Bahamas. The airport in Nassau can handle a ship's worth of passengers....what's the problem?

The Bahamas are not ready for mass tourism from a floating petri dish.

well i agree, not as of today no , however we know cruises out of the us will not start till aug at the earliest.  by june they are welcoming tourists again via air plane.  

11 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

LOL, gonna need to have strong sea legs for this year's USA hurricane season to sail out of southern ports like PC or POM, etc. and lots of flexibility with travel plans.

https://www.noaa.gov/media-release/busy-atlantic-hurricane-season-predicted-for-2020

But, wait, we are talkin' about Nassau the "dump" despised by seasoned CC'er as one of the most hated port to visit, sworn that they don't get off the ship and referenced State Dept advisories & warnings about crime & safety on the island.  Gotcha.  

On top, what is this early warning about a pending 2nd. wave of Covid-19 hitting the southern US, including AL, TX, GA and even FL based on the latest revised models, projections and data feeds.  Of course, it's believed by some to be no worst than the seasonal flu, gonna disappear like voodoo magic especially with warm weather.  Are they going to give preference to residents of certain states only and US passports holders only, banning everyone else from other infected regions and countries?  What could possibly go against the odds.  

P.S.  The same port that refused to allow cruise ships with crews onboard, waiting to be repatriated over the past 2 months.  Am I mistaken ??

You are looking at it through a NY lenses. which is funny because nyc smells like urine.  as  far as calling ports dumps is concerned. 

the point is not how nice the ports that will be welcoming ships are, just in the news that they will be. so that in itself is good news. i anticipated this and its why i booked out of florida to the bahamas  figuring that was the best chance. 

NY and other ports will take some time maybe even till dec /jan. 

As for hurricans the threat is always there , and ships have the advantage to move out of the way unlike land. 

2 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

That's something people who have only seen NYC in movies like to say. 

i was born in flushing, queens,  lol   grew up in NY 

The city and subways do smell like urine. that is the truth. 

Edited by seaman11

54 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Yes sandusky i realize that. But again ill ask then whats the argument of some ports not accepting ships in a few months? 

Don't believe I've EVER mentioned ports not acceoting ships, you are clueless as to who said what. Keep grasping at straws or better yet pay attention.

1 minute ago, beerman2 said:

Don't believe I've EVER mentioned ports not acceoting ships, you are clueless as to who said what. Keep grasping at straws or better yet pay attention.

beer,  this is what this  thread is about  (ports accepting ships)

, yet you have argued with me over it.  maybe you just like to argue with me, like my ex. 

Just now, seaman11 said:

beer,  this is what this  thread is about  (ports accepting ships)

, yet you have argued with me over it.  maybe you just like to argue with me, like my ex. 

Maybe you have an ex for a reason 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

That's something people who have only seen NYC in movies like to say. 

Comments from a "likely home-alone" troller stalking CC from dust to dawn, already on the ignore list don't trouble me at all, regardless.  Highly unlikely being able to afford to move back to the area with million dollar waterfront condos with Manhattan skyviews these days.  

19 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Comments from a "likely home-alone" troller   .  

Coming to a theater near you:  Likely "Home-Alone" Troller - the age of blogs

Edited by Newleno

4 hours ago, seaman11 said:

beer,  this is what this  thread is about  (ports accepting ships), yet you have argued with me over it.  maybe you just like to argue with me, like my ex. 

This thread is all about people parroting unsubstantiated information from good 'ole Don who has zero factual, substantiated information in his assertions. There is zero credibility in Don's statements.  

• Like 5

There is a real chance that the UK will join the likes of Australia an New Zealand in imposing a 14-day isolation for almost everyone trying to enter the country for the foreseeable future. Then who else?

Just for a laugh (thought the OP was a comedy sketch worthy of Monty Python) we thought we might map a 7-day cruise from Barcelona in  summer on Epic in the new world of closed borders...

Day 1 - fly from UK to Barcelona and book into a hotel for two weeks.

Day 15 - Board Epic and sail.

Day 16 - Sea Day

Day 17 - Land in Naples and book into hotel or compulsory government accommodation for 14 days

Day 24 - Find webcam to see dock to watch Epic come and go.

Day 31 - Board Epic again

Day 32 - Land at Civitavechia for day not having left Italy

Day 33 - Land at Livorno for day not having left Italy

Day 34 - Land in Cannes and book into hotel or compulsory government accommodation for 14 days.

Day 41 - Find webcam to see dock to watch the Epic come and go

Day 48 - Board Epic again

Day 49 - Land at Barcelona and fly home to UK to go home for 14 days in quarantine.

Day 62 - Rejoin the world at the end of my 2 months long one week cruise holiday.

Any takers for a go at it this year then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, old nutter said:

There is a real chance that the UK will join the likes of Australia an New Zealand in imposing a 14-day isolation for almost everyone trying to enter the country for the foreseeable future. Then who else?

Just for a laugh (thought the OP was a comedy sketch worthy of Monty Python) we thought we might map a 7-day cruise from Barcelona in  summer on Epic in the new world of closed borders...

Day 1 - fly from UK to Barcelona and book into a hotel for two weeks.

Day 15 - Board Epic and sail.

Day 16 - Sea Day

Day 17 - Land in Naples and book into hotel or compulsory government accommodation for 14 days

Day 24 - Find webcam to see dock to watch Epic come and go.

Day 31 - Board Epic again

Day 32 - Land at Civitavechia for day not having left Italy

Day 33 - Land at Livorno for day not having left Italy

Day 34 - Land in Cannes and book into hotel or compulsory government accommodation for 14 days.

Day 41 - Find webcam to see dock to watch the Epic come and go

Day 48 - Board Epic again

Day 49 - Land at Barcelona and fly home to UK to go home for 14 days in quarantine.

Day 62 - Rejoin the world at the end of my 2 months long one week cruise holiday.

Any takers for a go at it this year then?

This is so good. In factw ith the UK quarantine I have good authority NCL are writing off the entire European season and all ships will reposition empty ready for winter season. No TA this year from UK or Europe. 

• Like 1

I don't anticipate going on a cruise again until 2021. That being said, there are a lot of cruise ports that depend on tourist money. How they survive the shut down probably involves living in conditions the average American wouldn't be able tolerate for long. Especially if they need a "special" diet etc.

The U.S cruise ports may not open to cruises any time soon, but there are other ports that don't answer to the CDC to cruise in and out of. I noticed the Sun is going to be relocating to do cruises in and out of Panama City in 2021. I am hoping to cruise on Sun out of Port Canaveral to ABC islands before it goes to Panama. I have future cruise credits, cruise next certificates, and two flights on Southwest airlines just waiting...

Also, being from New England and preferring Boston over NYC any day, I would rather go to Nassau than NYC for the day. People that hate stopping in Nassau must not take advantage of excursions that take you to the beautiful beaches with turquoise blue water. You don't get that in NYC. Even if you don't get off the ship, cruising around the point with the lighthouse into the port  of Nassau is pretty to see from your balcony.

I agree with Bird Travels that Don's information isn't always completely accurate. I enjoy watching some of his videos, but take them with a grain of salt. Kind of like info from an NCL phone rep or from the NCL web site.

Edited by Cruising Lynne
left out item
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1