Cruise ports that are welcoming cruisers back when the companies are ready

seaman11

Not fear mongering at all. What I posted was beyond your simplistic comprehension. I get cheap cruise deals sent to me all the time. I am discerning on what I book. You don’t have to book because it is cheap. I have passed up many good deals over the years. I have impulse control.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Not fear mongering at all. What I posted was beyond your simplistic comprehension. I get cheap cruise deals sent to me all the time. I am discerning on what I book. You don’t have to book because it is cheap. I have passed up many good deals over the years. I have impulse control.

Even though your life your love your lady is not the sea, (I think you are more a vacationer than a cruiser)  I would still like to know your definition of a good deal, My definition of a good deal is $71.42 per day or less, that includes, fare, taxes, fees, and tips.  So basically out the door for a 7 day cruise is $500 or less, that is a good deal.  How about you

11 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

I would rather hear from Seaman than some of the posters on this board who are unbelievably rude or the ones who can turn virtually any remark into a 5 page tiresome, nitpicking argument.  I, for one, wish the moderators would deal with that.  BTW, isn't name calling against the guidelines?

If you are referring to my use of 'Uncle Albert', it was he who introduced that name on a previous thread....that is the context, rather than the namecalling you infer!

• Haha 1

OK 

We have a booking for a Med sailing and it has amazing ports later this year

We got an NCL email that the cabin class was given some other amenities...

Not a lot of $ on the line with that one for the cabin deposit.

Haven't booked air yet--and its gone up about 20%.

Crazy given the scant bookings.

Looked into next year and we'd have to do b2b to get those ports in one trip 

Re the EU and eastern Med, Turkey, Israel etc... does anyone have some links re policies for travel?

Also-- has anyone found an OFFICIAL NCL statement re what life on board will look like?  Or a TA that may prove insightful?

10 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

We need to get this person on a ship soon!! Any ship will do 🚢🛳️🤩

This might just be the best post on this thread! 🤣

Even though your life your love your lady is not the sea, (I think you are more a vacationer than a cruiser)  I would still like to know your definition of a good deal, My definition of a good deal is $71.42 per day or less, that includes, fare, taxes, fees, and tips.  So basically out the door for a 7 day cruise is $500 or less, that is a good deal.  How about you

The price of a cruise is only one of the variables that makes it a good deal to me. I look at the whole picture. It is not a good deal if I don’t like the itinerary, the ship, the cruise line or some other variables. Your mumbles about your life your love your lady is not the sea sounds childish. I have been a cruise fan, been on over 60 sailings, 4 last year and 1 this year before they stopped.

3 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

Yeah, essential activity like going to a grocery store for food/medicine that is required to live versus a 100% elective activity like a cruise...same thing. 

You need help.

Im taking about risk wise , not if cruising is essential or not, though for me it is. 

3 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

I would rather hear from Seaman than some of the posters on this board who are unbelievably rude or the ones who can turn virtually any remark into a 5 page tiresome, nitpicking argument.  I, for one, wish the moderators would deal with that.  BTW, isn't name calling against the guidelines?

Thank you. You havent truely cruised till you have had Seaman at your table.  

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

OK 

We have a booking for a Med sailing and it has amazing ports later this year

We got an NCL email that the cabin class was given some other amenities...

Not a lot of $ on the line with that one for the cabin deposit.

Haven't booked air yet--and its gone up about 20%.

Crazy given the scant bookings.

Looked into next year and we'd have to do b2b to get those ports in one trip 

Re the EU and eastern Med, Turkey, Israel etc... does anyone have some links re policies for travel?

Also-- has anyone found an OFFICIAL NCL statement re what life on board will look like?  Or a TA that may prove insightful?

Hello-- Again. Does anyone have any Official NCL information to add

Just spoke with someone whose dd lives in the EU and claims their borders (imagine that - EU nations with closed borders) will be closed well into fall.

Does anyone have any information from gov agencies regarding this?

We have a Med sailing and wonder if she will go (late fall)

11 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Hello-- Again. Does anyone have any Official NCL information to add

Just spoke with someone whose dd lives in the EU and claims their borders (imagine that - EU nations with closed borders) will be closed well into fall.

Does anyone have any information from gov agencies regarding this?

We have a Med sailing and wonder if she will go (late fall)

The only guide to what MAY play out, is that Spain have announced that there are no quarantine restrictions from June. No other EU country in the Med area has announced similar to date, although the government noises coming from Greece are currently positive ....to the best of my knowledge. 

Cases in Turkey are ramping up, and that is very close to Greece! 

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hamrag said:

The only guide to what MAY play out, is that Spain have announced that there are no quarantine restrictions from June. No other EU country in the Med area has announced similar to date, although the government noises coming from Greece are currently positive ....to the best of my knowledge. 

TY

I  had found mixed messages on Italy...

We are to have like 3+ days in Turkey... several in Greece, Cyprus etc... 

Glad to hear something--

Have a great evening

Edited by Fogfog
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, hamrag said:

Fogfog

I have misinformed you, for Spain the quarantine restrictions lift from 1st July.....my reference to June was incorrect, apologies.

19 hours ago, Newleno said:

I would, I once took an expedition to Antarctica with a company that lost (sunk) their ship down there a year earlier.  If it is low cost and has great value I will be all over it and so would most TRUE cruisers.

Exactly.  The NYSE floor is opening back up today.  Things are slowly getting back to normal and I feel like we will be in the full swing of things in a few more months. 

Exactly.  The NYSE floor is opening back up today.  Things are slowly getting back to normal and I feel like we will be in the full swing of things in a few more months. 

The NYSE floor is opening with strict social distancing and face masks. Do you think that is normal? Will face masks be the new normal on cruise ships? Seeing the pictures of Memorial Day activities in some places I am not sure Americans are ready to social distance on a cruise ship. If you live at the foreign ports you might not want ships sailing from the US to come if you have seeing that.

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The NYSE floor is opening with strict social distancing and face masks. Do you think that is normal? Will face masks be the new normal on cruise ships? Seeing the pictures of Memorial Day activities in some places I am not sure Americans are ready to social distance on a cruise ship. If you live at the foreign ports you might not want ships sailing from the US to come if you have seeing that.

it's a step in the right direction. 

As for Memorial Day, I think it will be great to use those locations as case studies.  Many people have had the virus and were asymptomatic.  Only time will tell how many people are left to be infected. 

All companies are ready to start operation. Its a matter of a few weeks in my opinion. Most of the limitations are down and people are planning to start cruising. Summer is the hottest period for tourist companies as many people were planning vacations from June to August. So yes, demand will be super high 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Roger88 said:

All companies are ready to start operation. Its a matter of a few weeks in my opinion. Most of the limitations are down and people are planning to start cruising. Summer is the hottest period for tourist companies as many people were planning vacations from June to August. So yes, demand will be super high 

Especially since prices are super cheap!! 

9 minutes ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

it's a step in the right direction. 

As for Memorial Day, I think it will be great to use those locations as case studies.  Many people have had the virus and were asymptomatic.  Only time will tell how many people are left to be infected. 

Yes it will be interesting to see if there is an increase in people with the virus in a week or two.

Here in Ontario, we have recently seen an increase in the number of people who test positive for COVID-19 and officials believe it may be traced back to people relaxing the social distancing rules on Mother's Day.

7 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Yes it will be interesting to see if there is an increase in people with the virus in a week or two.

Here in Ontario, we have recently seen an increase in the number of people who test positive for COVID-19 and officials believe it may be traced back to people relaxing the social distancing rules on Mother's Day.

I wouldn't doubt it.  

My own 80-year-old grandmother went to her sister's house for a family dinner with my 60-year-old mother on Mother's Day.  I met up with them on their way back home to give them their gifts.  It has been over 14 days later and nobody is infected.  They took a chance and were fine, so was I. 

That being said, I personally am not getting on a plane or boat today, tomorrow or even next month.  But I don't see the harm in travel in late July and beyond.  Viruses usually travel in seasons and there really is something to flu being more dormant in the warmer months.   I think we will be fine if travel resumes in a couple of months all the way to December.  Only time will tell, I suppose. 

Edited by CruizinKittie40

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

We'll be sailing

Not cowering in fear

I agree we will be sailing soon , enough of the extreme from both sides.   life has to go on , a few ports will be happy to have ships return. 

• Like 2