Aussie's finally get Best Price Guarantee with RCL

Hi All,

Royal Caribbean always gave  Best Price Guarantee to non Australian cruiser's no matter when they booked cruise's up until (not sure on time frame) around the sail date  . 

I received an email today from RCL with a new CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE  policy.

Due to this (after a 20 minute phone call) I got a $550 reduction on our January cruise (that I predict my not happen anyhooo) off the $2700 original price due to the above.

Anyone that has a cruise booked with RCL should check and make sure they take advantage of the CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE policy. Some serious $$ to be saved which is coming anyway but, have a look...

Edited by SuitesRbest

11 hours ago, SuitesRbest said:

Hi All,

Royal Caribbean always gave  Best Price Guarantee to non Australian cruiser's no matter when they booked cruise's up until (not sure on time frame) around the sail date  . 

I received an email today from RCL with a new CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE  policy.

Due to this (after a 20 minute phone call) I got a $550 reduction on our January cruise (that I predict my not happen anyhooo) off the $2700 original price due to the above.

Anyone that has a cruise booked with RCL should check and make sure they take advantage of the CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE policy. Some serious $$ to be saved which is coming anyway but, have a look...

I didn’t think that was included in Australia?

Did you book directly with Royal Caribbean? 
Very interesting,I wonder if the agents will carry the savings on like the US agents do.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I didn’t think that was included in Australia?

Did you book directly with Royal Caribbean? 
Very interesting,I wonder if the agents will carry the savings on like the US agents do.

Can confirm I have also had success with this, called the day after it was announced and got a $350 reduction on one of my cruises. I am now checking prices weekly in case any of the other 3 drop in price.

I didn’t get the email.

From their website if you google cruise with confidence.
It says they will price match a lower price up to 48 hours before sailing but as a non refundable onboard credit.

That’s pretty good because I think it used to be up to final payment.

I believe princess has been doing it for years,RC is just catching up.

17 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I believe princess has been doing it for years,RC is just catching up.

Princess only does it up to final payment, and sometimes tgere are restrictions, but usually I've been able to get the fare reductions. Sometimes more than once on a booking.

Just got off the phone with them, getting a reduction of nearly $1300, that will pay for the drinks package which is down to $65 a day now.  I wonder if it can be done more than once?

Hopefully by next March we can sail again, need something to look forward to. We should have been on our Europe trip right now.....

48 minutes ago, fairywren said:

Just got off the phone with them, getting a reduction of nearly $1300, that will pay for the drinks package which is down to $65 a day now.  I wonder if it can be done more than once?

Hopefully by next March we can sail again, need something to look forward to. We should have been on our Europe trip right now.....

Good work.

1 hour ago, fairywren said:

Looking at the details it can be done more than once.

Before final payment date it’s a price adjustment and after final payment date it’s a none refundable OBC .

And it appears ,any advertised price you see you can claim it.

I wonder if a OBC can be included?

I would suggest you get a price from a online agent and try again.

Edited by Chiliburn

4 hours ago, fairywren said:

Did you find a better price elsewhere, or just call to see if there was a price drop?

Thanks

I did a dummy booking for the same category on the website to see what the current pricing was and got it reduced over the phone. Will be watching with interest but I doubt it will go much lower.

Yes I believe it can be done more than once and I will be watching pricing very closely as I suspect it may even get cheaper.

And also got enough discount to pay the $65 a day bev package. Chearin!!!! 

On 5/23/2020 at 6:27 AM, hotpaws1 said:

I am now checking prices weekly in case any of the other 3 drop in price.

Weekly?

I check daily, along with Cruise Planner prices 🙂

Unfortunately, the price for our only booked RCL cruise hasn't dropped since they made this announcement 😞

3 minutes ago, Balsam12 said:

Weekly?

I check daily, along with Cruise Planner prices 🙂

Unfortunately, the price for our only booked RCL cruise hasn't dropped since they made this announcement 😞

OK, I'll come clean, I do check pretty much every day 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, fairywren said:

Update:  Just got a second reduction today, so yes it can be done every time you see a lower price.

Good hunting!

Did you book through a travel agent or direct with RC?

• 3 weeks later...

RCL Pricing Guarantee comes good again. Another $120 off final price today. This is the second price reduction in a month. Nearly $700 off original price as at today.

Booked Directly through RCL.

Edited by SuitesRbest