Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
SuitesRbest

Aussie's finally get Best Price Guarantee with RCL

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

 

Royal Caribbean always gave  Best Price Guarantee to non Australian cruiser's no matter when they booked cruise's up until (not sure on time frame) around the sail date  . 

 

I received an email today from RCL with a new CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE  policy.

 

Due to this (after a 20 minute phone call) I got a $550 reduction on our January cruise (that I predict my not happen anyhooo) off the $2700 original price due to the above.

 

Anyone that has a cruise booked with RCL should check and make sure they take advantage of the CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE policy. Some serious $$ to be saved which is coming anyway but, have a look...

 

 

 

 

Edited by SuitesRbest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SuitesRbest said:

Hi All,

 

Royal Caribbean always gave  Best Price Guarantee to non Australian cruiser's no matter when they booked cruise's up until (not sure on time frame) around the sail date  . 

 

I received an email today from RCL with a new CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE  policy.

 

Due to this (after a 20 minute phone call) I got a $550 reduction on our January cruise (that I predict my not happen anyhooo) off the $2700 original price due to the above.

 

Anyone that has a cruise booked with RCL should check and make sure they take advantage of the CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE policy. Some serious $$ to be saved which is coming anyway but, have a look...

 

 

 

 

I didn’t think that was included in Australia?

Did you book directly with Royal Caribbean? 
Very interesting,I wonder if the agents will carry the savings on like the US agents do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I didn’t think that was included in Australia?

Did you book directly with Royal Caribbean? 
Very interesting,I wonder if the agents will carry the savings on like the US agents do.

 Can confirm I have also had success with this, called the day after it was announced and got a $350 reduction on one of my cruises. I am now checking prices weekly in case any of the other 3 drop in price.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Did you go through a agent?

we usually go for suites and they only go up in price.

Edited by Chiliburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Did you go through a agent?

we usually go for suites and they only go up in price.

I always book direct, maybe talk agents also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't get an email, can someone please point me to the new policy regarding price drops?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t get the email.

From their website if you google cruise with confidence.
It says they will price match a lower price up to 48 hours before sailing but as a non refundable onboard credit.

 

 That’s pretty good because I think it used to be up to final payment.

I believe princess has been doing it for years,RC is just catching up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

 

Edited by Chiliburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

 

I believe princess has been doing it for years,RC is just catching up.

Princess only does it up to final payment, and sometimes tgere are restrictions, but usually I've been able to get the fare reductions. Sometimes more than once on a booking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got off the phone with them, getting a reduction of nearly $1300, that will pay for the drinks package which is down to $65 a day now.  I wonder if it can be done more than once?

Hopefully by next March we can sail again, need something to look forward to. We should have been on our Europe trip right now.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, fairywren said:

Just got off the phone with them, getting a reduction of nearly $1300, that will pay for the drinks package which is down to $65 a day now.  I wonder if it can be done more than once?

Hopefully by next March we can sail again, need something to look forward to. We should have been on our Europe trip right now.....

Good work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more question, can the lower price be anywhere ?
Such as a travel agent or it has to be on the RC website?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fairywren said:

Just got off the phone with them, getting a reduction of nearly $1300, that will pay for the drinks package which is down to $65 a day now.  I wonder if it can be done more than once?

Hopefully by next March we can sail again, need something to look forward to. We should have been on our Europe trip right now.....

Looking at the details it can be done more than once.

Before final payment date it’s a price adjustment and after final payment date it’s a none refundable OBC .

And it appears ,any advertised price you see you can claim it.

I wonder if a OBC can be included?

 

 I would suggest you get a price from a online agent and try again.

Edited by Chiliburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fairywren said:

Just got off the phone with them, getting a reduction of nearly $1300, that will pay for the drinks package which is down to $65 a day now.  I wonder if it can be done more than once?

Hopefully by next March we can sail again, need something to look forward to. We should have been on our Europe trip right now.....

Did you find a better price elsewhere, or just call to see if there was a price drop?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a dummy booking for the same category on the website to see what the current pricing was and got it reduced over the phone. Will be watching with interest but I doubt it will go much lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I believe it can be done more than once and I will be watching pricing very closely as I suspect it may even get cheaper.

 

And also got enough discount to pay the $65 a day bev package. Chearin!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 6:27 AM, hotpaws1 said:

 I am now checking prices weekly in case any of the other 3 drop in price.

 

Weekly?

I check daily, along with Cruise Planner prices 🙂

 

Unfortunately, the price for our only booked RCL cruise hasn't dropped since they made this announcement 😞

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Balsam12 said:

Weekly?

I check daily, along with Cruise Planner prices 🙂

 

Unfortunately, the price for our only booked RCL cruise hasn't dropped since they made this announcement 😞

 

OK, I'll come clean, I do check pretty much every day 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...