Would you cruise if Wearing a mask is mandatory?

Would you cruise if wearing a mask is Mandatory?  

711 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise if wearing a mask is mandatory?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

I will vote no but then if they enforce that like they do other things I would hate to miss a cruise that ends up with no one wearing them even though required

Edited by molly361
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I have no interest in wearing a mask.  If this is a requirement we will be done cruising.  It has been a good run.  We have been on 70 plus cruises, our most recent one a 51 day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise disembarking mid December.  We are thankful for all the cruising we've done, and it is good we all have choices.

• Like 14

We will still cruise and adjust!  I honestly think my view will be just as enjoyable and my wine will taste just as good sitting on my balcony in the middle of the ocean.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I am not sure if we would continue to cruise if we had to wear a mask.  It is hard for some people with breathing issues to wear a mask for any length of time.  When cruising resumes, I believe we will be booking balcony cabins so that we can enjoy the ocean and stay safe.  Hope this is soon figured out and life can return to semi normal.

• Like 2

I voted not sure as it will depend on the requirements.  If I have to wear when sunbathing at the pool or sunning decks then no I would not cruise.  If I have to wear when inside ship with large gatherings of people for a show or wondering around shops and using elevators then I would be okay with that.  Wouldn't be thrilled about it but would be okay with it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Since the whole cruise experience is centered upon hedonistic fun in the sun involving activities that require full access to your mouth, such as round the clock eating and drinking, wearing a mask defeats this purpose.  (Strike One)

For the thrill-seekers who pass up gluttony for the physical activities such as flow riding, rock climbing, ice skating, zip lining, etc., a mask is not conducive to this sort of physical exertion.  (Strike Two)

For the couch potatoes that just want relax, finding nooks and crannies to plop down and read for hours on end, wearing a mask for that length of time is not sustainable.   (Strike Three)

Now what is that famous ball game expression?  🤣  There's my answer. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Keksie said:

That would be a hard no for me.  I have only had to wear a mask once so far and that was to get my nails done.

I love your sarcasm. There's a pandemic raging and you've only worn a mask to get nails done? That's rich.😒. To answer to OP question. YES no problem. Live to cruise-Cruise to live.🚢

Edited by watson50
forgot to answer the ?
  • Like 12

Of course I would wear a mask if it means I can cruise.  I worked as a nurse for over 40 years and while I don’t like to wear a mask, I did it whenever it was needed. 

Sherri😀

• Like 15

If I lived within a short drive area of the port it would consider it. Especially if the masks were only needed at high volume times. 

Where we live now, the answer is no. It takes us 12 hours of travel time with a flight, just to get to Florida From our doorstep.  That’s not the WOW holiday I’m looking forward too, espically when I am spending thousands of dollars.  I’ll sit by our pool, or go to the cottage in the meantime.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, shippmates said:

When cruising resumes, I believe we will be booking balcony cabins so that we can enjoy the ocean and stay safe.

I think this might be our strategy too. We would normally book the cheapest OV cabins as we spend so little time in the room but it may be time to step up to balcony cabins for access to the open air in a worst case scenario.

• Like 3

This may be a way for the cruise lines to limit people onboard. Don’t want to wear a mask, don’t cruise. Honestly, the more you wear one, the less you realize you have it on. I personally hate using hand sanitizer, but I still use it. If it helps keeping other people safe, I’ll do it. 

• Like 12

I voted no. I rarely go anywhere now where masks are required. I can not wear a mask for any length of time as I am quite claustrophobic. In the sun and heat of the Caribbean it would be extremely uncomfortable to be breathing through a hot, sweaty wet mask.

Also there would be no way they could enforce it on the ship. They can't even enforce their rules of no reserving of pool chairs.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, blueridgemama said:

I voted no. I rarely go anywhere now where masks are required. I can not wear a mask for any length of time as I am quite claustrophobic. In the sun and heat of the Caribbean it would be extremely uncomfortable to be breathing through a hot, sweaty wet mask.

Also there would be no way they could enforce it on the ship. They can't even enforce their rules of no reserving of pool chairs.

That’s because they choose not to enforce reserving of pool chairs. There are other rules they are pretty good at enforcing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Since the whole cruise experience is centered upon hedonistic fun in the sun involving activities that require full access to your mouth

This got me thinking, I haven’t seen a “pineapple” thread in a while 🤔

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Since the whole cruise experience is centered upon hedonistic fun in the sun involving activities that require full access to your mouth, such as round the clock eating and drinking, wearing a mask defeats this purpose.  (Strike One)

There's the answer.  It is impossible to enforce a mask requirement on a cruise if one of the exceptions is that you don't have to wear a mask when eating or drinking.  

• Like 2