Would you cruise if Wearing a mask is mandatory?

Would you cruise if wearing a mask is Mandatory?  

711 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise if wearing a mask is mandatory?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Myself, I am not interested in whether cruisers will wear a mask or not.  But thanks.  My interest is in the thought of wearing a mask around smokers.  If you put up a poll asking if cruisers would cruise being forced to wear a mask and have to contend with smokers, let me know.  Similar, but not the same. Thanks.  Don  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, airdale said:

Myself, I am not interested in whether cruisers will wear a mask or not.  But thanks.  My interest is in the thought of wearing a mask around smokers.  If you put up a poll asking if cruisers would cruise being forced to wear a mask and have to contend with smokers, let me know.  Similar, but not the same. Thanks.  Don  

Smokers have a lower infection rate.  Look it up.

3 hours ago, Florida Paesano said:

If face masks are suggested, required or I feel that wearing one would be needed for me to safely

sail, then I simply will not be cruising. 

Wearing a mask is not for you to feel safe, it's for others to be safe. We don't wear masks to protect ourselves, we wear them to protect others.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joeyancho said:

Smokers have a lower infection rate.  Look it up.

Indeed. I did look it up and it is true:

In the matched cohort, current smokers (9.8%) were significantly less prevalent among members tested positive compared to the general population

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.01.20118877v2

But I also found this from the WHO:

At the time of this review, the available evidence suggests that smoking is associated with increased severity of disease and death in hospitalized COVID-19 patients.

https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/smoking-and-covid-19

So smokers are less likely to get it but more likely to get a severe case? Maybe, but the first study I listed doesn't say increased severity, so who knows?

Bottom line is, as we've seen all along, we don't understand this virus well at all yet.

32 minutes ago, eggypann said:

Wearing a mask is not for you to feel safe, it's for others to be safe. We don't wear masks to protect ourselves, we wear them to protect others.

If others feel the need to be protected, perhaps they would be taking a different vacation or none at all until this is over.

We dont wear them, and wont wear them on a cruise ship.   I am not vacationing with a mask on.     We would wear them to embark and disembark since you can get pretty packed, but once on board, we never get close to people anyway.

• Like 1