lax transportation

hunt182644

Does Princess run a bus between LAX and Long Beach port for those doing a Princess cruise. Yes I know that other shuttles, taxis, and rental cars are available. Just need to know about Princess sponsored transportation.

18 minutes ago, hunt182644 said:

Does Princess run a bus between LAX and Long Beach port for those doing a Princess cruise. Yes I know that other shuttles, taxis, and rental cars are available. Just need to know about Princess sponsored transportation.

Princess sails from Long Beach?

55 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

52 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

San Pedro and Long Beach are right next to each other. I'm sure it's just a mistake.

Do all Princess ships sail from LB now?

18 mi from SAN Pedro World Cruise terminal I believe. 

28 minutes ago, dog said:

Must have moved since I was booked on Royal Princess last Oct from SAN Pedro.  So sorry if I am wrong. My apology 

transfer is $44.20 pp CAnadian each way

Edited by dog

28 minutes ago, dog said:

Must have moved since I was booked on Royal Princess last Oct from SAN Pedro.  So sorry if I am wrong. My apology 

My Royal Cruise next year is sailing from San Pedro according to my paperwork.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, clarky213 said:

My Royal Cruise next year is sailing from San Pedro according to my paperwork.

yes, that was my understanding. But I was corrected

59 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

4 hours ago, hunt182644 said:

We took the Princess shuttle and paid $50 USD pp to go from LAX to San Pedro; however, you could save a significant amount of $$$ by taking a UBER, Lyft, a private shuttle service or even a taxi.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, irisbax3 said:

We took the Princess shuttle and paid $50 USD pp to go from LAX to San Pedro; however, you could save a significant amount of $$$ by taking a UBER, Lyft, a private shuttle service or even a taxi.

For those rates, I would personally drive someone and even go through the In & Out drive through!  HAH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, hunt182644 said:

Check with Princess, I know they do some sort of transfer service.  I wouldn't count on Uber or Lyft or things like that.  LAX is cracking down on all of those services and they have become very limited and only in certain terminals.  Taxis are a plenty though.  If you have the option, or can figure it out, flying into Long Beach or SNA is a better option.  Long Beach is super small and easy to maneuver, and John Wayne is a nice airport with way less people but still has all of the large flights.

We did not take the shuttle from LAX to San Pedro but we did from San Pedro back to LAX.  Well worth it even if it is  more expensive than Uber/Super Shuttle/taxi because of the convenience.    Dedicated lounge to wait for disembarkation.    We got a porter for our luggage who bypassed a longer line for passport control taking our luggage to the bus.  Bus filled quickly and we were on our way.  No stops on the way and we were dropped at the terminal door.  I think that Uber or Super Shuttle takes you to a staging area and you have to take a shuttle to get to the terminal but not sure.  We were at the terminal in plenty of time for our 1:20 flight giving us time to get a bite to eat..  As a "bonus." when I called Princess to book the transfer prior to our cruise giving her our flight number, she informed me that the flight time had been changed to a little later which the airline (AAL) had not shared with us.  This impacted our arrangements from our home airport home. We avoided having the hassle of finding a cab or our driver once we exited the cruise terminal.   I think the fare was $48 pp.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tucker in Texas said:

We did not take the shuttle from LAX to San Pedro but we did from San Pedro back to LAX.  Well worth it even if it is  more expensive than Uber/Super Shuttle/taxi because of the convenience.   

SuperShuttle has gone out of business nationwide.  Could not compete with Uber type services.

23 hours ago, irisbax3 said:

$50 per person?  Was this one way?  We did the LAX to San Pedro with Princess in February and we paid $29.00 per person.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I prepaid one way in January 2020.  It was $34.

We booked our cruise in September 2019 and paid the $29 pp for the one way transportation.  Perhaps there was a price increase after our booking and that is why yours was a bit more pp.

2 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

BTW, since the topic of Princess transportation has come up, and since I've never been on one of these, is it normal protocol to tip the driver? 

We tipped the driver $5 total for the two of us.  We had no bags on the bus --- we just appreciated the safe driving.  With that being said, we did notice that only a small handful of people tipped.

41 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

We tipped the driver $5 total for the two of us.  We had no bags on the bus --- we just appreciated the safe driving.  With that being said, we did notice that only a small handful of people tipped.

If the driver has done an over the top job, yes.  But my last trip, the princess people put my luggage on and took off the bus.  All the driver did was drive, not even tell us about what was around.

If we are going on a cruise, we do tend to tip our driver; we feel it is the right thing to do, whether it is a limo, a Princess shuttle or whatever your preferred mode...

• Like 2

I also recommend UBER. The last time I was there in December I used Super Shuttle because I was I was concerned about the shuttle buses.  The shuttle buses to pick up UBER run quite often. I would use UBER again. 

One point with UBER is that the exit from the freeway comes up very quick & if they are in the wrong lane they will miss the turnoff. 

Tom😀

On 5/23/2020 at 12:23 AM, caribill said:

SuperShuttle has gone out of business nationwide.  Could not compete with Uber type services.

FYI...I just went on to the Supper Shuttle web site & could make a reservation so they must still be in business. 

Tom😀

58 minutes ago, trbarton said:

FYI...I just went on to the Supper Shuttle web site & could make a reservation so they must still be in business. 

Tom😀

Back in December, they went out of business nationwide.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/supershuttle-airport-transport-van-service-to-go-out-of-business-at-year-end-2019-12-26

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/13/business/supershuttle-shutting-down/index.html

Looks like they are back in operation in several cities now, but not in LAX or many other locations they used to be in.

https://www.supershuttle.com/locations/    

By the way, that link gives a different list of locations than https://booking.supershuttle.com/  does.