Koningsdam in December 2020?

anugama143

Seriously thinking about it. But, due to tentative work obligations, can't book until August or September, so that addresses your implied thought, and my comment below. So we will be waiting a bit longer.

And, there are dozens of threads here asking "can I book XXX or YYY". Nobody can actually know yet what is going to happen. 

Sure. A lot depends on how full HAL allows the ship to be. Cruise at capacity? Or half-full? Makes a big difference in the exposure. My biggest concern would be the tendering operation in Cabo - really tough trying to keep things sanitary and get folks back and forth in a timely manner.

Jim

2 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

I thought Dec 2020 was THIS YEAR!

HAL has cancelled all 2020 cruises.

I do not see this announcement on the HAL site.  They have cruises available for booking starting in September.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tennessee Titan said:

No they haven't.  It's the  Alaska, Europe, Grand Africa and Canada/New England cruises that are cancelled.

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Last I have heard they only canceled to about Oct 1. In other words, the winter season...Caribbean, Mexican Rivera, possibly Australia/New Zealand, would be the resumption of HAL cruising.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lazey1 said:

I am booked on Mex. Rivera on the Konigsdam late Nov. and thinking seriously about cancelling. I don't want to cruise until I can be vaccinated against Covid-19.

So what happens if there NEVER is a vaccine? That might be the case. I also wouldn't assume any vaccine (particularly one being created this fast) will absolutely, 100%, protect you from the disease.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Last I have heard they only canceled to about Oct 1. In other words, the winter season...Caribbean, Mexican Rivera, possibly Australia/New Zealand, would be the resumption of HAL cruising.

We would be very surprised if there are any cruise ships in Australia/New Zealand this year, especially after the Ruby Princess debacle.

We booked the Koningsdam for the 18 day San Diego to Hawaii RT on 3 November. I am confident we will sail with normal loading and traditional distancing.

Your Mexico cruise in Dec should be fine.

If not? Then I will book the next one

We are ready to go.

If they cancel. No big deal.

It's not like I am using my rent money to go on cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 9

We will cruise again as soon as HAL starts sailing and our son is ready for his first trip.

We will NOT wait for a vaccine. Life without risks is not practical nor wishful.

I refuse to live forever in a bubble.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, anugama143 said:

Knowing what you know now in mid-May, would you book a 7 day Mex. Riv. on Koningsdam this December?

We are booked on the December 5th sailing although it had been booked well before the virus appeared. We won’t cancel since we are using a FCC that we’ll lose but if HAL cancels no big deal and we can use the airfare credit to go to Las Vegas instead. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

So what happens if there NEVER is a vaccine? That might be the case. I also wouldn't assume any vaccine (particularly one being created this fast) will absolutely, 100%, protect you from the disease.

I am just praying that there will be a safe, effective vaccine and that it will be sooner rather than later. I do share your concerns about one developed this fast. About a thousand years ago when I was 14 we were in the middle of a polio epidemic. My parents and I took the Salk Polio Shot vaccine then a few years later the oral vaccine and they kept us safe. I will do the same now.

Would love to go in December, I think it is iffy.

My opinion on places to stay away from, in order:

Z.  Cruise Ships

Y.  Disney World

X.  Las Vegas

VERY very sad.....

No, I would not sail as I don't know yet what the cruise experience will be like post COVID-19.  One thing that is certain is that many businesses have brought in many changes in my neck of the woods as restrictions are lifted.  The hotel and hospitality industry has especially changed and there is reason to believe that the cruise experience going forward will also change.

We are booked on the Konigsdam at the end of September, out of Vancouver.  They haven't cancelled yet but I suspect they will.  We will just wait it out at this point.  Hopefully, they will give us credit with the same deal (OBC) for a future cruise.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 5:23 PM, Tennessee Titan said:

No they have not. All Alaska, Canada/New England, Europe and the Circle Africa cruise on the Amsterdam have been canceled but that is not all of the rest of 2020. There has been NO mention of fall Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Trans Canal cruises ETC yet at this time. Oh and I have also read that Trans Atlantic and Trans pacific cruises to Australia/New Zealand have been canceled.

We are booked for the Holidays in December but the feeling on our end is that we wont be going. We will make our decision when our final payment is due.Not just because of the pandemic but also financial and my moms health situation. AS it is she just spent 2 1/2 days in a hospital and came home yesterday. I was beyond terrified cause hospitals are not allowing visitors at least at this time. By final payment time  we will know more. When cruise lines do get going again so much has to happen. Ships could have limited capacity, not all ships will start back up from the start and will be gradual. Ports have to open back up, etc, etc. People that have cruises booked on ships that aren't sailing when they are scheduled to go will have their cruises canceled unless they can change to a ship that is. Ships will basically start back up where they are allowed to and when.

Edited by rjbean4

On 5/23/2020 at 1:52 AM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

We booked the Koningsdam for the 18 day San Diego to Hawaii RT on 3 November. I am confident we will sail with normal loading and traditional distancing.

Your Mexico cruise in Dec should be fine.

If not? Then I will book the next one

We are ready to go.

If they cancel. No big deal.

It's not like I am using my rent money to go on cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While we think that HAL would want to operate that cruise a big question is whether Hawaii will allow any cruise ship to dock.  Given the attitude of the island's government I would not want to bet any money that ships will be docking in Hawaii prior to 2021.  

Hank