Moving a current sailing deposit and then Lift and Shift?

I currently have a cruise in November.  

I found something in December at a good price that I want to move my deposit to.  If I move the current sailing to December, is it still eligible for a lift and shift for next year?

7 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

I currently have a cruise in November.  

I found something in December at a good price that I want to move my deposit to.  If I move the current sailing to December, is it still eligible for a lift and shift for next year?

Lift and Shift (Only available for sailings cancelled as part of our global suspension on May 20th, 2020).

We will price protect the original pricing and/or promotion on the same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category as your original sailing within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date in 2021. For example, if you are moving from a July 30th, 2020 sailing, you can move to a sailing that is the same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category, and the sail date between June 30th, 2021 – August 30th, 2021.

Is this a change from the previous policy?

Sounds like you can only change cancelled sailing now.

Edited by HaveWeMetYet

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Yes I did that with a booking. Changed it and then called back and L&S it.  Not sure if you still have to wait the 24 hours or not

Thanks!  Going from allure to symphony on the same itinerary. 

5 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

Yes, but you cannot do the L&S until at least 24 hours after you book and deposit against the new sailing and the L&S has to occur before August 1, 2020

I would be moving the deposit since I put the deposit in a while ago. 

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes I did that with a booking. Changed it and then called back and L&S it.  Not sure if you still have to wait the 24 hours or not

So can you do this...........I changed a September 2020 sailing to a April 2022, under the CWC , no $100 change fee............can I now move it back again to say October 2020, again with no change fee?, hope it gets canceled and recieve the  FCC %125 once it gets canceled?

Edited by Jimbo

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So can you do this...........I changed a September 2020 sailing to a April 2022, under the CWC , no $100 change fee............can I now move it back again to say October 2020, again with no change fee?, hope it gets canceled and recieve the  FCC %125 once it gets canceled?

I don't know if there is a limit to changing things under CWC @Ourusualbeach might know.  The one I changed was a refundable booking for April 2021, changed it to October 2020 and then shifted it to  October 2021

9 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

Yes, but you cannot do the L&S until at least 24 hours after you book and deposit against the new sailing and the L&S has to occur before August 1, 2020

Is it that the L&S has to be executed before 8/1, or is L&S good for cruises booked before 8/1. The language is confusing.

Just now, orville99 said:

Is it that the L&S has to be executed before 8/1, or is L&S good for cruises booked before 8/1. The language is confusing.

Cruises booked before August 1 and changed by August 1.  Just booked something else recently and shifted it.

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I don't know if there is a limit to changing things under CWC @Ourusualbeach might know.  The one I changed was a refundable booking for April 2021, changed it to October 2020 and then shifted it to  October 2021

I'm thinking in hindsight should have just waited for it to be canceled and get the %125 FCC, could have gotten me an upgrade to a JS on the April 2022 cruise.

Now my only hope is the JS price comes down..........I do have  23 months though before that sailing, so that could happen I guess...... lol

Edited by Jimbo

Ok... I have a question. I am pretty sure you can't do a lift and shift from a non holiday cruise to a holiday cruise. Like, an early December cruise to cruise that would be over Christmas (and New Years?) But could you move a cruise from December 20th 2020 to December 18th 2021?  (dates just examples) I am not even sure if it meets all the other requirements as I was thinking L&S wasn't going to work for us, so I haven't paid close attention to the details. 

Edited by 3monkeys4me

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'm half way thru, I'll let you know ha. I moved to a cruise with same itinerary as allure, but hasnt been lifted and shifted yet.

I'm trying to do same thing. 

I had an Empress booking that I L&S'd to Symphony. Final paperwork arrived yesterday

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I had an Empress booking that I L&S'd to Symphony. Final paperwork arrived yesterday

I went from Empress to Harmony😇 Hope I'm still alive in 2022 to take it😁

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, 3monkeys4me said:

Ok... I have a question. I am pretty sure you can't do a lift and shift from a non holiday cruise to a holiday cruise. Like, an early December cruise to cruise that would be over Christmas (and New Years?) But could you move a cruise from December 20th 2020 to December 18th 2021?  (dates just examples) I am not even sure if it meets all the other requirements as I was thinking L&S wasn't going to work for us, so I haven't paid close attention to the details. 

yes 12/20/2020 to 12/18/2021  is fine , can be L&S , same # of days and like itinerary......can be different class of ship but must be same category cabin

3 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Is this a change from the previous policy?

Sounds like you can only change cancelled sailing now.

No, that is worded that way to make obvious that you can't L&S a cruise cancelled under previous cancellation rounds - only this one.

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

yes 12/20/2020 to 12/18/2021  is fine , can be L&S , same # of days and like itinerary......can be different class of ship but must be same category cabin

Ok. Thanks. Last question. The "like itinerary" I understand that for the most part people have not been able to switch from say a western to an eastern. But have people been having luck switch one labled as an eastern holiday to an eastern or a eastern to a eastern & perfect day, etc... Just wondering before I put too much effort into looking at possibilities. 

I'm half way through a L&S.  I have booked a 7 day on Allure Barcelona for this August and I'm going to call tomorrow to L&S it to next year either Harmony (exactly the same itinerary) or Odyssey from Rome. Or maybe even a sailing from Venice if they will let me.  I haven't decided yet - hence the delay.

I also have a deposit on a cruise on Brilliance from Amsterdam in August which I haven't made final payment on yet.  I will probably end up with a FCC on this one as there is nothing I can L&S to.  I'll hold onto it until closer to final payment just in case RC decide to cancel it first.

I will post back how it goes, wish me luck ….

I have a question, we are booked on Allure out of Galveston Dec 2021, can we lift and shift to symphony out of Miami Dec 2021 since Rcl won't make any announcement on which ship will be in Galveston to well after Aug 1st

21 minutes ago, livylotte said:

I'm half way through a L&S.  I have booked a 7 day on Allure Barcelona for this August and I'm going to call tomorrow to L&S it to next year either Harmony (exactly the same itinerary) or Odyssey from Rome. Or maybe even a sailing from Venice if they will let me.  I haven't decided yet - hence the delay.

I also have a deposit on a cruise on Brilliance from Amsterdam in August which I haven't made final payment on yet.  I will probably end up with a FCC on this one as there is nothing I can L&S to.  I'll hold onto it until closer to final payment just in case RC decide to cancel it first.

I will post back how it goes, wish me luck ….

How come Owners Suite Lofts are more money then Grand Suite Lofts, when Grand Suites Lofts on Odyssey of the Seas look larger on those Greece sailings in August 2021?