Moving a current sailing deposit and then Lift and Shift?

16 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

I have a question, we are booked on Allure out of Galveston Dec 2021, can we lift and shift to symphony out of Miami Dec 2021 since Rcl won't make any announcement on which ship will be in Galveston to well after Aug 1st

You can only L&S ahead by one year +/- 4 weeks. You can simply move it at current rates.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How come Owners Suite Lofts are more money then Grand Suite Lofts, when Grand Suites Lofts on Odyssey of the Seas look larger on those Greece sailings in August 2021?

Why was a 2D balcony more than a 6D balcony? I'm told supply and demand but seems to me a 6D should cost more. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Why was a 2D balcony more than a 6D balcony? I'm told supply and demand but seems to me a 6D should cost more. 

But most times those categories are broke up only by deck, location front, mid or aft,,,,,,same square footage in cabin.................but on most ships Owners Suites have always been larger then any Grand Suites...larger square footage, it's almost like they named the cabins in reverse...... look at the deck plans....

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Agree, Most time see Balcony's cheaper then OV/IN. Once got 2Bd/2Ba cheaper then a Balcony had Booked. Loved that, Cruised SOLO

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 hours ago, 3monkeys4me said:

Ok. Thanks. Last question. The "like itinerary" I understand that for the most part people have not been able to switch from say a western to an eastern. But have people been having luck switch one labled as an eastern holiday to an eastern or a eastern to a eastern & perfect day, etc... Just wondering before I put too much effort into looking at possibilities. 

People get different answers to that, some have be able to do that and some not........seems to depend on the Customer Service Agent you get.

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

People get different answers to that, some have be able to do that and some not........seems to depend on the Customer Service Agent you get.

Thanks. That was what I was afraid of, I would much prefer just a straight yes or no. I guess I will just a give it a go and see what happens.

Thanks again.

I finally figured out a cruise that would work for us to switch to and then lift and shift but the big box TA I was working with can't move a deposit to a new cruise date without supervisor approval and can't get a supervisor since we are considered a group booking (2 rooms for the 5 of us) until Tuesday since the group office is closed for the weekend and then the TA office is closed on Monday. Ugh.

So I just went ahead and cancelled via CWC. Now to decide if I want to give Royal more of my money for a deposit or just roll the dice and see what happens knowing that eventually I will see the FCC. It just seems like everything is backed up so I am not counting on that coming anytime real soon. 

1 hour ago, 3monkeys4me said:

I finally figured out a cruise that would work for us to switch to and then lift and shift but the big box TA I was working with can't move a deposit to a new cruise date without supervisor approval and can't get a supervisor since we are considered a group booking (2 rooms for the 5 of us) until Tuesday since the group office is closed for the weekend and then the TA office is closed on Monday. Ugh.

So I just went ahead and cancelled via CWC. Now to decide if I want to give Royal more of my money for a deposit or just roll the dice and see what happens knowing that eventually I will see the FCC. It just seems like everything is backed up so I am not counting on that coming anytime real soon. 

Wish someone like ourusualbeach could help you.

But even he cant do it without a day or so between the new booking and then lifting and rcl being open.

Sorry 😞

37 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Wish someone like ourusualbeach could help you.

But even he cant do it without a day or so between the new booking and then lifting and rcl being open.

Sorry 😞

Thanks. I didn't really expect to get everything sorted out today, I knew I would have to call back but I was hoping to be abel to move the deposit vs. canceling. But oh well. I am just a bit hesitant to give Royal more money at this point since it seems to take a very long time to get anything back, including a FCC. Plus I really don't want to get stuck with multiple FCCs since I am not sure how often we will be able to cruise together as a family now that my oldest will be off to college soon. 

1 hour ago, 3monkeys4me said:

Thanks. I didn't really expect to get everything sorted out today, I knew I would have to call back but I was hoping to be abel to move the deposit vs. canceling. But oh well. I am just a bit hesitant to give Royal more money at this point since it seems to take a very long time to get anything back, including a FCC. Plus I really don't want to get stuck with multiple FCCs since I am not sure how often we will be able to cruise together as a family now that my oldest will be off to college soon. 

I know what you mean. Too many fccs gets difficult to match up to cruises.

Biker always posts take the refund so I did rather than a fcc. I think all the rules are too complicated. At first I was like 125% fcc, great!! ... if they were like carnivals and left over fcc converted to obc, would be so much easier.

I think rcl is banking on people having left over fcc unused. Some good advice here.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 3monkeys4me said:

Anyone else except me think you practically need travel agent training to book rcl 

I'm still at NRD, they say is nonrefundable deposit. So why is 30% off, $50 off my cruisefare, senior rate all listed as NRD on my invoice. It's against my cruisefare not deposit. 

I really like RCL cruises but the fact there is thread after thread about how can I do this, can I do that .... idk why they made it so the average person has to learn so much. It shouldnt be this hard. Well can I book and do lift and shift all at once, well I did, no, takes 2 days, no 1 day. And so on. 

I hope when cruises resume it becomes easier. Maybe if carnival and hopefully rcl starts august 1st, some of these new rules go away.

I hope when they open tuesday you get it all sorted out.

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Anyone else except me think you practically need travel agent training to book rcl 

I'm still at NRD, they say is nonrefundable deposit. So why is 30% off, $50 off my cruisefare, senior rate all listed as NRD on my invoice. It's against my cruisefare not deposit. 

I really like RCL cruises but the fact there is thread after thread about how can I do this, can I do that .... idk why they made it so the average person has to learn so much. It shouldnt be this hard. Well can I book and do lift and shift all at once, well I did, no, takes 2 days, no 1 day. And so on. 

I hope when cruises resume it becomes easier. Maybe if carnival and hopefully rcl starts august 1st, some of these new rules go away.

I hope when they open tuesday you get it all sorted out.

You said it!!!!....I asked in another place about having to wait until we receive our FCC from our cancelled cruise, and was told I had to pay for the deposit, not with the FCC.  Our cruise has been paid for since last September, and depending on what we can do, delegates which ship, date, itinerary we can do...not what the cruise line dictates.   Give me my FCC and let ME choose......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, myfuzzy said:

You said it!!!!....I asked in another place about having to wait until we receive our FCC from our cancelled cruise, and was told I had to pay for the deposit, not with the FCC.  Our cruise has been paid for since last September, and depending on what we can do, delegates which ship, date, itinerary we can do...not what the cruise line dictates.   Give me my FCC and let ME choose......

Yes, I am pretty sure you can not use the FCC for the actual deposit, which is why I was hoping to just move my sailing. It probably would have been better for me to wait, vs. canceling. but I am just tired of dealing with it. So, if we decide to attempt a cruise we will have to put a new deposit down and then apply the FCC, which is fine enough. But I think I will hold out and just see what happens first. Worst case, we will split up and not do a family trip just a couple of short cruises with either dh or myself with whichever kids can make it. Honestly, not doing a big family cruise would likely save us several thousand dollars since we would probably just do a quick 4 night sailing or something and not getting many, if any, extras. We would just do a land vacation somewhere. Quite honestly, the land portion of our vacation was much easier to change and everything was canceled and refunded promptly so that was nice. 

13 hours ago, 3monkeys4me said:

I have used a big box ta as well.  through this covid policy and rules etc  I have found them very under par. Long wait times, many many errors and the knowledge isn't there.  For eg I wanted to shift a Dec 6 2020 to a Jan 2 2022 and was told no it has to be one year difference.  I had to firmly tell them it did fit the  1 year and +/- 4 week time frame.  I am leaning towards a good independent ta that people seem very happy with.