Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey guys!

 

Just wanted to let you know that myself and Riley Tench are currently working together to make a collab video on YouTube. For those of you who watch our Royal Caribbean cruise vlogs, you guys are going to love this!

 

In the meantime, make sure you are subscribed to our channels, and keep an eye out for our upcoming videos!

 

 

See you soon!

Chris

Edited by ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we all allowed to advertise our channels on CC now?

 

Can TAs now advertise?

 

It would be great if that could happen - We might get some real tips and brilliant deals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Are we all allowed to advertise our channels on CC now?

 

Can TAs now advertise?

 

It would be great if that could happen - We might get some real tips and brilliant deals


My apologies if I did something wrong here... this is in no way an advertisement.  I was only trying to share some of these crew stories.  More than anything, my son (and many others) just hope to go back to doing the jobs they love.  If the moderators think I should, I will be glad to delete my post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tenchfamily said:

If the moderators think I should, I will be glad to delete my post.

You can't delete a post, only mods can, but no way should you worry about what you posted. Tell Riley to keep the vids coming.

 

Oh, and welcome to CC, where you need to have a thick skin, ignore some posters and enjoy the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tenchfamily said:

Riley's Dad here Chris....  His mom and I loved both the videos!  For those that haven't seen them, the YouTube links are here:

https://youtu.be/id4fm5ksqWo

https://youtu.be/W7hHb6nCwR8

 

Keep the videos coming!

 

 

 

 

I just came across Riley's Youtube channel this AM .. enjoying watching his vids ..  very interesting stuff!     Curious .. what is (was) his job on board before all this started?  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F27TW said:

what is (was) his job on board before all this started?

It was the same since he started with RCI - light technician in 270.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tenchfamily said:


My apologies if I did something wrong here... this is in no way an advertisement.  I was only trying to share some of these crew stories.  More than anything, my son (and many others) just hope to go back to doing the jobs they love.  If the moderators think I should, I will be glad to delete my post.

 

Don't apologise to me, mate

 

I'm all for advertising. I think Cruise Critic would be a much better place if TAs shared the very best prices for customers and tour operators listed their trips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, compman9 said:

Are we all allowed to advertise our channels on CC now?

 

Can TAs now advertise?

 

It would be great if that could happen - We might get some real tips and brilliant deals

 

They aren't selling anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tenchfamily said:

Riley's Dad here Chris....  His mom and I loved both the videos!  For those that haven't seen them, the YouTube links are here:

https://youtu.be/id4fm5ksqWo

https://youtu.be/W7hHb6nCwR8

 

Keep the videos coming!

 

 

Question for you.  Chris has gotten questions about discounts for family with Royal but his family hasn't joined him.  Have you sailed with Riley?

 

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Question for you.  Chris has gotten questions about discounts for family with Royal but his family hasn't joined him.  Have you sailed with Riley?

 

Roy

 

We have been fortunate enough to sail with Riley three times since he started working for Royal Caribbean.  The first two times were on Anthem of the Seas out of New Jersey... Once to Bermuda, and then a New England/Canada cruise in the Fall of 2018.  Last summer we joined him on Quantum for a cruise from Tianjin, China to several ports in Japan.  All have been great trips, and it was a great way to spend some time with our son.  Families of staff like Riley don't get a discount if they just want a regular stateroom.  However, if a staff member has a cabin with additional bed space, I have heard that there is a way for family to join them for a very inexpensive daily rate.  Riley has never had that type of crew cabin, so I don't have much info. about how that works.  I'm sure he could explain it better if you ask him a question on YouTube in his comments section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It was the same since he started with RCI - light technician in 270.

 

He's done two contracts as the Lighting Technician for 270 (Once on Anthem, and once of Quantum), and on his first contract on Quantum he was the Lighting Tech. for the Royal Theater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, compman9 said:

 

I'm all for advertising. I think Cruise Critic would be a much better place if TAs shared the very best prices for customers and tour operators listed their trips

You may be all for it now, but I can assure you that all hell will break loose on CC with TA's trying to out due do each other. They start by trying to poach customers from one TA to themselves.
I have run different cruise forums for 20+ years and all of them have had the rule NO TA posts because this is exactly what happens. Most private FB cruise pages have this rule as well.
I watched one agent go bankrupt for what she did with her discount online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See how  much time it takes to get people off the ship? and to think people here on CC think cruises are going to start up again come August 1st..................... just 50 days from now................so not going to happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

See how  much time it takes to get people off the ship?

That's a special situation and nothing like when passenger carrying cruises will resume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That's a special situation and nothing like when passenger carrying cruises will resume.

I was refering to how much  time it will take to get enough crew back onboard to even begin to have a working ship that can sail with passengers on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I was refering to how much  time it will take to get enough crew back onboard to even begin to have a working ship that can sail with passengers on it.

There’s no indication that there are any restrictions getting crew to come on board once cruises resume. Airlines are ramping up schedules so traveling to meet a ship will be much less of an issue by late July. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

There’s no indication that there are any restrictions getting crew to come on board once cruises resume. Airlines are ramping up schedules so traveling to meet a ship will be much less of an issue by late July. 

Some countries but not all................there lies the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool to see...  Riley posted a new Vlog today too:

 

Hope they can both get back to the jobs they love and some sense of normal someday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 11:28 PM, tenchfamily said:

Very cool to see...  Riley posted a new Vlog today too:

 

Hope they can both get back to the jobs they love and some sense of normal someday.

 

That was a great video.  Please give Riley our best and thank him for making this video!!  Have enjoyed all his videos.....very creative and nice young man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...