Chris Wong and Riley Tench

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

Chris Wong lives in the only area in England on the highest alert (for the next 4 weeks) so he won't be going anywhere soon.

Aren't people in level 3 areas allowed to travel for work though? If so he could still leave if RCL call for him.

Not sure how they choose who comes back when (seniority? performance rating?) but I think it will be a small % of the ship based workers returning to work in the short term. Good to at least see Riley headed to Quantum...even if that's just Asia at this point.

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good to at least see Riley headed to Quantum...even if that's just Asia at this point.

The Quantum sailings from Singapore in December seem the most promising in the last 6+ months of any in the fleet, so him getting called back makes sense.

Edited by Biker19

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I’m sure Riley was called back because he is a blogger

Not sure RCI cares a lot about that - the more likely reason is that he's willing and one of the few technicians available and, you know, maybe, he's good at his day job.

• Like 7

On 10/14/2020 at 1:10 PM, bobmacliberty said:

Not sure how they choose who comes back when (seniority? performance rating?) but I think it will be a small % of the ship based workers returning to work in the short term. Good to at least see Riley headed to Quantum...even if that's just Asia at this point.

Months ago, (a month or so into the cruising halt) they said the first to go back were those who had been at home the longest. 

Most recently they made it clear it would be those who have extensive knowledge/experience of that ship/class of ship, and whose required documents are still in date, who come from a country where they easily travel to the ship from and who can follow the new health protocols. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 9:28 AM, Heymarco said:

I’m sure Riley was called back because he is a blogger and it will provide more confidence that cruising is returning. His selection was no accident.

I'm willing to bet that had nothing to do with it. He knows the ship, knows the shows and knows the crew. The QN Class ships all tend to have their go-to crews. I was called back to OV because i know the ship.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, miraflores said:

I'm willing to bet that had nothing to do with it. He knows the ship, knows the shows and knows the crew. The QN Class ships all tend to have their go-to crews. I was called back to OV because i know the ship.

hi whats OV up date ? you cant be both at ankor and on your way to Manila ?

10 hours ago, Hogbay said:

hi whats OV up date ? you cant be both at ankor and on your way to Manila ?

We're at anchor in Manila Bay right now, for the next 3 days.  We're functioning as the APAC region "Mother Ship" and we're picking up returning crew for other ships in the region.  We sign on crew here in Manila, quarantine them for 14 days, and then deliver them to their ships in Singapore OPL.  We're all very excited about the Quantum's return...but we're not quaranting crew for them, as they're doing that on their own while docked in Singapore.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, miraflores said:

We're at anchor in Manila Bay right now, for the next 3 days.  We're functioning as the APAC region "Mother Ship" and we're picking up returning crew for other ships in the region.  We sign on crew here in Manila, quarantine them for 14 days, and then deliver them to their ships in Singapore OPL.  We're all very excited about the Quantum's return...but we're not quaranting crew for them, as they're doing that on their own while docked in Singapore.

Hi how many ships are at Sing OPL ? is Radiance there ? hear she been swaped out with QN and off to US? 

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Hi how many ships are at Sing OPL ? is Radiance there ? hear she been swaped out with QN and off to US? 

All the same ones, Radiance, Spectrum, Voyager and Ovation (going back and forth to Manila about monthly) - none have left the area in quite a while other than Spectrum up to China, I assume when they thought they might sail from there.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Biker19 said:

All the same ones, Radiance, Spectrum, Voyager and Ovation (going back and forth to Manila about monthly) - none have left the area in quite a while other than Spectrum up to China, I assume when they thought they might sail from there.

RCI Taiwan office just made a hint on their Facebook page (it is written in Chinese only so I am not going to post here) that, an announcement will soon be made regarding some new Taiwan domestic sailings in February 2021 on a Quantum Class vessel.

So it could either be Spectrum or Ovation. Let's wait for further updates from RCI.

Edited by Cruise Wonderland