Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tom47

American Cruise line resumes June 20

We received a phone call from American Cruise Lines about a week ago that our cruise is to happen.

Our Alaskan Explorers cruise which was to start on June 26, 2020 with a hotel stay the night prior will now start with going directly to the American Constellation from the airport.  I'm not clear on if we sail on June 25th or wait in Juneau until June 26th for any passengers not arriving a day early.  Which ever it is is fine with us.  Just happy to be cruising again.

We were on the last full HAL Rotterdam cruise just prior to it being canceled 2 days into the cruise after we debarked.   My NCL round-trip Rome, Italy cruise with my daughter and granddaughter for June 7th was canceled.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:34 AM, jebhoward3 said:

We received a phone call from American Cruise Lines about a week ago that our cruise is to happen.

Our Alaskan Explorers cruise which was to start on June 26, 2020 with a hotel stay the night prior will now start with going directly to the American Constellation from the airport.  I'm not clear on if we sail on June 25th or wait in Juneau until June 26th for any passengers not arriving a day early.  Which ever it is is fine with us.  Just happy to be cruising again.

We were on the last full HAL Rotterdam cruise just prior to it being canceled 2 days into the cruise after we debarked.   My NCL round-trip Rome, Italy cruise with my daughter and granddaughter for June 7th was canceled.

Good News for you.

Hopefully, this means there is a (perhaps) better than 50% chance that our 01 August cruise will also still be a "GO" (fingers crossed).

We have not heard much either way -- they "probably" have many details to still sort through.  Fortunately, for us, we do not have to take into consideration any air fare connections for this cruise. 

Hope all goes as expected  for your Alaska cruise.

NRayH 

Something puzzles me.  The article says Harmony will be leaving New Orleans on June 28.  But ACL's website says Harmony is scheduled to be leaving Memphis for New Orleans that day.  And then leaves New Orleans July 5 to go back to Memphis.  And then leaves Memphis July 12 to go back to New Orleans.  Does this mean that anyone who had booked any of these 3 cruises is going to find themselves going the opposite way they had planned for?  Or did I misinterpret the article?  

16 minutes ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

Something puzzles me.  The article says Harmony will be leaving New Orleans on June 28.  But ACL's website says Harmony is scheduled to be leaving Memphis for New Orleans that day.  And then leaves New Orleans July 5 to go back to Memphis.  And then leaves Memphis July 12 to go back to New Orleans.  Does this mean that anyone who had booked any of these 3 cruises is going to find themselves going the opposite way they had planned for?  Or did I misinterpret the article?  

I don't know.