American Cruise line resumes June 20

Tom47

We received a phone call from American Cruise Lines about a week ago that our cruise is to happen.

Our Alaskan Explorers cruise which was to start on June 26, 2020 with a hotel stay the night prior will now start with going directly to the American Constellation from the airport.  I'm not clear on if we sail on June 25th or wait in Juneau until June 26th for any passengers not arriving a day early.  Which ever it is is fine with us.  Just happy to be cruising again.

We were on the last full HAL Rotterdam cruise just prior to it being canceled 2 days into the cruise after we debarked.   My NCL round-trip Rome, Italy cruise with my daughter and granddaughter for June 7th was canceled.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:34 AM, jebhoward3 said:

We received a phone call from American Cruise Lines about a week ago that our cruise is to happen.

Our Alaskan Explorers cruise which was to start on June 26, 2020 with a hotel stay the night prior will now start with going directly to the American Constellation from the airport.  I'm not clear on if we sail on June 25th or wait in Juneau until June 26th for any passengers not arriving a day early.  Which ever it is is fine with us.  Just happy to be cruising again.

We were on the last full HAL Rotterdam cruise just prior to it being canceled 2 days into the cruise after we debarked.   My NCL round-trip Rome, Italy cruise with my daughter and granddaughter for June 7th was canceled.

Good News for you.

Hopefully, this means there is a (perhaps) better than 50% chance that our 01 August cruise will also still be a "GO" (fingers crossed).

We have not heard much either way -- they "probably" have many details to still sort through.  Fortunately, for us, we do not have to take into consideration any air fare connections for this cruise. 

Hope all goes as expected  for your Alaska cruise.

NRayH 

Something puzzles me.  The article says Harmony will be leaving New Orleans on June 28.  But ACL's website says Harmony is scheduled to be leaving Memphis for New Orleans that day.  And then leaves New Orleans July 5 to go back to Memphis.  And then leaves Memphis July 12 to go back to New Orleans.  Does this mean that anyone who had booked any of these 3 cruises is going to find themselves going the opposite way they had planned for?  Or did I misinterpret the article?  

16 minutes ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

Something puzzles me.  The article says Harmony will be leaving New Orleans on June 28.  But ACL's website says Harmony is scheduled to be leaving Memphis for New Orleans that day.  And then leaves New Orleans July 5 to go back to Memphis.  And then leaves Memphis July 12 to go back to New Orleans.  Does this mean that anyone who had booked any of these 3 cruises is going to find themselves going the opposite way they had planned for?  Or did I misinterpret the article?  

I don't know.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 11:46 AM, Ray in NH said:

Good News for you.

Hopefully, this means there is a (perhaps) better than 50% chance that our 01 August cruise will also still be a "GO" (fingers crossed).

We have not heard much either way -- they "probably" have many details to still sort through.  Fortunately, for us, we do not have to take into consideration any air fare connections for this cruise. 

Hope all goes as expected  for your Alaska cruise.

NRayH 

Is your  American cruise Company  still a go and are you going?  We are thinking about a New England cruise later in August.  So many things to obviously ponder at this point.  Thanks

2 hours ago, gailellen12 said:

Is your  American cruise Company  still a go and are you going?  We are thinking about a New England cruise later in August.  So many things to obviously ponder at this point.  Thanks

Per a letter from the line's President, received via my travel agent, this morning, our Grand New England Cruise (01 August, 2020) will sail as scheduled.

We do plan to be aboard -- Although "these days" one can never be too sure what the future may hold.

NRayH

Just making sure you saw this 😉

"After weeks of planning and just days before American Cruise Line was due to launch the first cruise in North America after the coronavirus pause, the company was forced to postpone its return to service. Changes this week in Oregon’s restrictions related to COVID-19 now exclude all overnight cruises regardless of the size of the ship.

“We were surprised and disappointed by the last minute changes, but understand the difficulty leaders face in that state,” the company said in its statement responding to the surprise alterations in Oregon’s Phased Reopening Plan. “We hope to participate in reviving the state’s economy, and still believe we are uniquely positioned to do so. We will continue to do our best to support all our local partners throughout the region, and look forward to resuming small ship cruising in the Pacific Northwest in the very near future.”

American Cruise Line had announced in May plans to resume operations with its first cruise departing on June 20 sailing on the Oregon and Snake rivers aboard the 184-passenger American Song. The company said it had worked closely with the U.S. Coast Guard, the FDA, Oregon Public Health, the Emergency Operation Centers (EOCs), local hospitals, and local community leadership in each of the ports they planned to visit and had developed a comprehensive COVID-19 operating protocol".

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/last-minute-change-delays-american-cruise-line-s-return-to-cruising

2 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Just making sure you saw this 😉

"After weeks of planning and just days before American Cruise Line was due to launch the first cruise in North America after the coronavirus pause, the company was forced to postpone its return to service. Changes this week in Oregon’s restrictions related to COVID-19 now exclude all overnight cruises regardless of the size of the ship.

“We were surprised and disappointed by the last minute changes, but understand the difficulty leaders face in that state,” the company said in its statement responding to the surprise alterations in Oregon’s Phased Reopening Plan. “We hope to participate in reviving the state’s economy, and still believe we are uniquely positioned to do so. We will continue to do our best to support all our local partners throughout the region, and look forward to resuming small ship cruising in the Pacific Northwest in the very near future.”

American Cruise Line had announced in May plans to resume operations with its first cruise departing on June 20 sailing on the Oregon and Snake rivers aboard the 184-passenger American Song. The company said it had worked closely with the U.S. Coast Guard, the FDA, Oregon Public Health, the Emergency Operation Centers (EOCs), local hospitals, and local community leadership in each of the ports they planned to visit and had developed a comprehensive COVID-19 operating protocol".

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/last-minute-change-delays-american-cruise-line-s-return-to-cruising

Thanks for this link.  I called ACL and my Sept 25 Columbia river cruise is still on right now.  Final payment is June 27.

1 minute ago, Tom47 said:

Thanks for this link.  I called ACL and my Sept 25 Columbia river cruise is still on right now.  Final payment is June 27.

Wishing you a great cruise! JMO but I do think you'll make it! 😁 

OT (not ACL) but I've been reading about the nickoVision (European) start up and have been waiting to hear how it went:

https://www.cruisetradenews.com/first-european-river-cruise-resumes-sailings-post-coronavirus-recovery/

(BTW also I'm sure you already know this but the major lines have just announced a suspension until September 15

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/19/cruise-lines-voluntarily-suspend-all-trips-out-of-us-ports-until-sept-15-trade-group-says.html

10 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Wishing you a great cruise! JMO but I do think you'll make it! 😁 

OT (not ACL) but I've been reading about the nickoVision (European) start up and have been waiting to hear how it went:

https://www.cruisetradenews.com/first-european-river-cruise-resumes-sailings-post-coronavirus-recovery/

(BTW also I'm sure you already know this but the major lines have just announced a suspension until September 15

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/19/cruise-lines-voluntarily-suspend-all-trips-out-of-us-ports-until-sept-15-trade-group-says.html

Thanks.  I knew about NickoVision, NCL and Carnival, but not RCI.   We have a RCI cruise in Jan 2021