New booking, do I have to pay Taxes and port fees out of pocket?

Two of our cruises were cancelled. We now have $1700 bonus FCC- which can only be used towards fare. That I get.

What I can't seem to find info on is how I can use my 100% FCC.

My plan was to try and use ALL of it to cover two more cruises.....and shore excursions and the service charge.

However, when I tried to book some of these items with an already made reservation, it does not give me an option to use FCC to pay.

Can I use my 100% FCC to pay for the port fees and service charges? Can I use it for shore excursions?

Or can I truly only use it for base fare? If that is the case, then I will not be able to use all of my FCC and I will instead request a refund on our just cancelled cruise.

Has anyone else already booked with FCC know the answers to these questions? I don't want to make the wrong move by going FCC only to not be able to use it in the manner that I need, so that I am not forking out hundreds more $$$.

Thanks.

50 minutes ago, Math teacher said:

Two of our cruises were cancelled. We now have $1700 bonus FCC- which can only be used towards fare. That I get.

What I can't seem to find info on is how I can use my 100% FCC.

My plan was to try and use ALL of it to cover two more cruises.....and shore excursions and the service charge.

However, when I tried to book some of these items with an already made reservation, it does not give me an option to use FCC to pay.

Can I use my 100% FCC to pay for the port fees and service charges? Can I use it for shore excursions?

Or can I truly only use it for base fare? If that is the case, then I will not be able to use all of my FCC and I will instead request a refund on our just cancelled cruise.

Has anyone else already booked with FCC know the answers to these questions? I don't want to make the wrong move by going FCC only to not be able to use it in the manner that I need, so that I am not forking out hundreds more $$$.

Thanks.

Yes to all of the items but you’ll need to call in order to do so!

• Like 1

An FCC cannot be used, in part, for a deposit to secure a cruise; and certainly not split in three to pay deposits for three different cruises.

I was told that to use FCC for the extras then the cruise would have be fully paid using the FCC first so the extra could be put towards the extras.

I also think that if you have a FCC that is larger than the cruise fare of one cruise that will have to be fully paid before the excess could be used for a second.

I was also told that a cruise cannot be re-fared in the case of a fare drop if fully paid.

6 hours ago, casofilia said:

An FCC cannot be used, in part, for a deposit to secure a cruise; and certainly not split in three to pay deposits for three different cruises.

I was told that to use FCC for the extras then the cruise would have be fully paid using the FCC first so the extra could be put towards the extras.

I also think that if you have a FCC that is larger than the cruise fare of one cruise that will have to be fully paid before the excess could be used for a second.

I was also told that a cruise cannot be re-fared in the case of a fare drop if fully paid.

I feel like you may have been given some incorrect information (or maybe I just misunderstood you).  I was able to use my FCC toward two different cruises (one previously booked, one a new booking).  My mom had 2 cruises cancelled, and was able to use those FCCs spread among 3 rebooked cruises.  So you can definitely split FCC between different cruises.

OP - 

From https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings in the FAQ section:

What can the FCC be used for?

Any bonus FCC amount is applied only to the voyage fare. The original, full value FCC can be applied and used for the following:

• Voyage Fare
  • NCFs
  • Government Fees and Taxes
  • Pre-paid service charges
  • Beverage or dining gratuities (if part of the Free At Sea promotion selection)
  • Air purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Hotel purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Cruise tours purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Pre-booked and pre-paid shore excursions
  • Transfers
  • Essentials, Booksafe Standard or Platinum Travel Protection insurance (if purchased on the original suspended reservation)
Is there anything the FCC cannot be used for?

The FCC cannot be applied or used for the following:

• Amenities
  • Dining/beverage packages that are not part of the Free At Sea program
  • Internet packages that are not part of the Free At Sea program
  • Shore excursions booked while onboard
  • Onboard credit
  • Water/soda packages
  • Bottles of wine
  • Bon voyage gifts and celebration packages
  • Photo packages
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, casofilia said:

I will second what Kaprin02 said, this is not accurate information and whoever told you this was incorrect. 😞

I used FCC ONLY to secure a sailing in 2022.  My FCC was actually 'in my account' when I booked (not still in process) and I was able to call NCL and book putting down only my FCC as 'deposit' and will pay the remainder later when due as I normally would.  I called to do the booking but the FCC does also show in your account so you may also be able to apply online.  My FCC covered the deposit and more but it did not cover the entire cost, not even close.

Either way, you can definitely use the FCC only to book a future cruise, I didn't put out a cent out of pocket (YET) nor did my travel partner who also had FCC.  It was actually all very easy to do, the agent was great.

I will add that since I booked (within weeks) I have even called back when a new 'sale' was on and my cruise was fared exactly the same but they were offering OBC ... I called NCL and voila I have the change made and the OBC in my booking.

14 hours ago, casofilia said:

I wonder if the rules may differ for those in NZ, AU UK & EU. As a CAD, NCL' s policy is the same as the US but, do other regions/countries have differing policies which may alter the outcome of using FCCs?

Kaprin02 's list is accurate for NA. 

I still have some FCC available and will likely use it to pre-book some shore-x when the sail date gets closer. Also, I split my FCC between 2 cruises and it covered all those items listed by Kaprin02. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

2 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I wonder if the rules may differ for those in NZ, AU UK & EU. As a CAD, NCL' s policy is the same as the US but, do other regions/countries have differing policies which may alter the outcome of using FCCs?

Oh I suppose .... so maybe all the varied answers are right 🙂  Wouldn't that make things confusing.

Edited by poffles
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Kaprin02 's list is accurate for NA. 

I still have some FCC available and will likely use it to pre-book some shore-x when the sail date gets closer. Also, I split my FCC between 2 cruises and it covered all those items listed by Kaprin02. 

Yeah, that's definitely something I routinely fail at doing: checking where another poster is posting from.  I freely admit I have a very US-centric worldview as far as CC is concerned, and it's good to be reminded that there are CC users from everywhere.  I'll try to do better in the future!!  🙂

• Like 1