Covid-19 Testing

pcakes122

8 hours ago, boatseller said:

Fine, back to this.  Are you going to commit to isolating yourself until all potentially lethal diseases are cured/treatable to guarantee you won't spread them?  Like Influenza?  Or are you totally fine so long as the number of deaths is just below some conveniently determined, by you, threshold?  I'm guessing that number is 79,999.

No one should be shamed by attitudes like yours.  Just follow the rules.  If the ports are open, the local authorities have determined that in consultation with the cruise lines, no reason to second guess them.

And again Influenza kills 3,000 to 50,000 people in a 12 MONTH period. In an average year thats what 25k deaths. In 12 months. We've seen 104,000+ die in 2.5 months. Its. Not. Just. The. Flu.

Secondly yes you should be shamed when you are just talking about the impact and risk to yourself. This is not about you.

With respect to "if the ports are open" - Indeed. Good luck. No ports are open. You know why. They won't be for quite some time. Witness Canada and Alaska.

Edited by pmd98052

53 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

And again Influenza kills 3,000 to 50,000 people in a 12 MONTH period. In an average year thats what 25k deaths. In 12 months. We've seen 104,000+ die in 2.5 months. Its. Not. Just. The. Flu.

Super!  Got it, you're perfectly fine spreading a disease that kills 49,999 or fewer people.  Thank you for clarifying that.  So, I assume you will be isolating yourself at the beginning of every flu season until the severity is determined?  Just to remind, you can't rely on vaccination due to it's low effectiveness.

Finally, you probably won't see this today since you're clearly on you way to Universal Orlando to lecture the thousands of reopening day guests, all following the guidance, on how selfish they are.  Might as well stay for SeaWorld, it's just a couple days later.  And for sure, bring your megaphone to PortMiami when Carnival and maybe Norwegian start sailing again.  What kind of beer do you like?  My treat.

Oh, and there's this: No new COVID-19 cases from Lake of the Ozarks crowds Happy Cruising!

10 hours ago, boatseller said:

Happy Cruising!

Indeed - Will be quite some time before you do. I'm sure you'll get some ships going to some limited ports but nothing special or normal. Enjoy your masks, temp checks, empty cabins, limited port options, and later vaccination certificate requirements. Don't get me wrong I can't wait to cruise again either but I'm being realistic as when that is going to be.

On the other topic yes I'm fine risking spreading a disease with a vacinne that  in many years only kills 3,000 odd people in 12 months. You're going to be the one spreading a new disease (that we don't fully even understand yet) with zero vaccine that has killed 104,000 people and counting in only 2.5 months while overwhealming medical facilities around the world. If you want to rank it on a scale of selfishness you win - by quite a big margin. You do you and don't even think of others.

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 1