$50 shore excursion credit deducted directly from online shopping cart

TrumpyNor

I have a cruise booked for next year (September 2021), where I have among other promotional perks the $50 per  port shore excursion credit. I have had  this promotion on a cruise in 2019,  where the  shore excursion credit was added to my ship account as OBC after the excursion  was completed. Is  it new  that the  $50 is now deducted directly from the online shopping cart before paying for the shore excursion? THAT  is indeed  a much better deal  than the previous offer....

My cruise  is still 467  days away, so  do not  plan on  booking anything yet - I was just  checking out the shore  excursions that was already on offer as they have been added to the cruise very recently. 🙂

image.png.7976f223f6f19518f6f3fee45b1cd391.png

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

THAT  is indeed  a much better deal  than the previous offer....

I can’t answer your bigger question, but it’s not a better deal for folks who have OBC if NCL is no longer allowing folks with the shorex credit perk to book in advance and pay on board, since NCL (unlike some other lines) doesn’t allow OBC to be used for pre-cruise purchases. 

I agree with you that if someone wants to pay for shorex in advance, and has the shorex credit perk, it’s nice to have the credit applied immediately to the purchase. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I agree with you that if someone wants to pay for shorex in advance, and has the shorex credit perk, it’s nice to have the credit applied immediately to the purchase. 

And this is the case for me - I always book and pay my shore excursions in advance. 🙂

• Like 2

Does it also know to give you a Latitudes discount?

That's been our problem with pre-booking shore excursions by phone to use the ShoreX credit.  We usually have to go to the Shore desk to get the cost corrected.

• Like 1

I far prefer to "book" my shorex and then pay for them when on board.   If I have to pay on booking it means that I have to pay at today's exchange rate.  I prefer to wait till I "judge" that the exchange rate is "in my favour" and then buy my USD to pay for my shorex in cash when on board.

Mike in NZ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Does it also know to give you a Latitudes discount?

it does. at the end when you go to the check out page

this appears to be new change..looks like they finally updated the booking system..soo much easier now

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Buford T Justiice said:

I believe another change is that they take the Latitude discount AFTER the excursion credit resulting in a smaller latitude discount.

They were also doing that in Feb February.     Booking on board allowed the opportunity for the discount to be taken first  for my cruise  3-20     But booking  in advance had the Latitudes taken after the $50.   In my case  that $50 credit would have cost me $10.   

• Like 1

I have a cruise booked for next year (September 2021), where I have among other promotional perks the $50 per  port shore excursion credit. I have had  this promotion on a cruise in 2019,  where the  shore excursion credit was added to my ship account as OBC after the excursion  was completed. Is  it new  that the  $50 is now deducted directly from the online shopping cart before paying for the shore excursion? THAT  is indeed  a much better deal  than the previous offer....

My cruise  is still 467  days away, so  do not  plan on  booking anything yet - I was just  checking out the shore  excursions that was already on offer as they have been added to the cruise very recently. [emoji846]

image.png.7976f223f6f19518f6f3fee45b1cd391.png

It’s new. I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, kkoenig89 said:

Does anyone know if you can still call NCL and book shore excursions in advance without having to pay upfront like you could with the previous shorex perk?

NCL said “no”. I had to pay as I booked them. I sure won’t book too many ahead now that this is the case. 

In the past, I could book  shore excursions, while having the $50.00 credit per room, and not pay any additional cost of the excursion upfront, only after the excursion was taken.  I strongly suggest not paying any money toward an excursion that would be billed at he time of booking it online.   From reading and reading all the difficulty of getting refunds, dont do it.  there always have been many excursions available to book once you board.  Just my opinion

32 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

In the past, I could book  shore excursions, while having the $50.00 credit per room, and not pay any additional cost of the excursion upfront, only after the excursion was taken.  I strongly suggest not paying any money toward an excursion that would be billed at he time of booking it online.   From reading and reading all the difficulty of getting refunds, dont do it.  there always have been many excursions available to book once you board.  Just my opinion

That was the old way. It all changed in Feb or March 2020. You now must pay upfront after they deduct the $50. Also, the $50 is only for the first person, so if the excursion is $45, that is the promotion and you can’t use the $5 on the second person. I , too, am not pleased with but that is the way it is now if you book ahead. 

when we cruised March 1-8, 2020, we reserved our shore x's by phone.   We then got the 10% discount with the credit and it was deducted from our OBC.  I assume, we can still do it this way in the future?  

9 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Back in February I booked only one but, yes paid up front (along with everything else).

There are actually at least two scenarios that exist for how the Shore Excursion Credits will work when booking online (or when calling the Shore Excursion #(866-625-1167).

It completely depends upon which "Perks" code is on your reservation!

Here are a couple of examples:

HEXTRSX2 is an older promo (we booked in 2018).  (This code is for two seperate $50 Shore Ex credits, per stateroom.)

So, if booking shore excursions (online or calling), only applicable Latitudes discount will be applied.

-OR-

SHX50 (new in 2020) is a code for $50 off booking for the first person (only) per port.

So, IF chosen excursion is $59, and two people in the room choose it (if neither has Latitude perk), the cost would be $9.00 for person 1 and $59 for person 2, totaling $68 paid up front total cost, billed upon booking (whenever/whichever method used).

In either case, other codes might exist, but I don't know them!

53 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

There are actually at least two scenarios that exist for how the Shore Excursion Credits will work when booking online (or when calling the Shore Excursion #(866-625-1167).

It completely depends upon which "Perks" code is on your reservation!

Here are a couple of examples:

HEXTRSX2 is an older promo (we booked in 2018).  (This code is for two seperate $50 Shore Ex credits, per stateroom.)

So, if booking shore excursions (online or calling), only applicable Latitudes discount will be applied.

-OR-

SHX50 (new in 2020) is a code for $50 off booking for the first person (only) per port.

So, IF chosen excursion is $59, and two people in the room choose it (if neither has Latitude perk), the cost would be $9.00 for person 1 and $59 for person 2, totaling $68 paid up front total cost, billed upon booking (whenever/whichever method used).

In either case, other codes might exist, but I don't know them!

The old perk was $50. Per stateroom.   Not 2.   

13 hours ago, tokidoki said:

when we cruised March 1-8, 2020, we reserved our shore x's by phone.   We then got the 10% discount with the credit and it was deducted from our OBC.  I assume, we can still do it this way in the future?  

No, read the thread..... that was the old way and things have changed 

7 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

The old perk was $50. Per stateroom.   Not 2.   

You are correct about "some" of the old perks!

However, October 1, 2019, I re-booked a Dec 2018 booking with a promotion that includes two separate $50 Shore Excursions Credits per port/per state room.

Both show on our Invoice under "Add-ons" ...toward the bottom of the first page.

The perks (looks exactly like this on the invoice) during this particular booking window were :

Premium Beverage Package
Internet Package (250 Minutes or 1000 MB) per stateroom

Choice Shore Excursion Credit

5 Meal Specialty Dining Package

Free $50 )n-Board Credit Certificate Non -Refundable

Internet Package (60 Minutes) 

SHORE EXCURSION $50 PROMO

All of these perks are listed on our "Amenities Invoice," as well!
... at that time, this was a somewhat revised version of "Distinctive Voyages" and was a short-lived Promo!