Vision Class Junior Suites

So....  had a great corner aft balcony (8596) booked on Rhapsody this summer that was covid cancelled.

Picked out my new cruise for 2021, also on Rhapsody and both corner afts are gone.   😞

There's a million JS's available,  just not the coveted corner aft.

All the other aft JS are available.....8098, 8100,8202, 8600, 8598

But so are a number of JS's right by the centrum, which is an awesome spot to be on the vision class.

Which would you choose?  I know those vision aft corners are great, but are there any other vision aft's that are any superior than the others?

Should I just not both and go back mid-ship?

What say you ?  and Why?

And aren't you glad to get back to a post like this instead of refunds and lift and shifts and when will they start again?  🙂

25 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Pick a different aft JS.  Doesn't have to be a corner.  Only two of you, right?

Agree. Even then be surprised how many times after Booking, then Cabin I wanted came open. Of course check daily, but I'm just happy have any Aft then none

Edited by ONECRUISER

Are the corner afts on deck 8  , J3's or J4's? Can the corners only be booked with 3 or 4 passengers, not 2 / If they can be booked by 2 persons, what category do you ask for?

Edited by Jimbo

13 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

You can always call and get on a waitlist for a corner aft if someone cancels. 

I booked a corner aft JS on Enchantment this past January for just 2 pax. 

Any idea what category you booked?Think I just found out , It's a J3

How much different to the Corner aft balconies on deck 7 and 8? Can you really see a difference in Balcony size?

Edited by Jimbo

We had #8590 on the Greece/Med itinerary on Vision last year and it was amazing. I would think that any of those afts would be great. 

Someone suggested asking to be put on a waitlist...good luck with that...better to keep checking yourself.

9 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

It was a J3. 

I got decks mixed up, it's the one corner cabin on deck 7 that seems you can only book with 3 or 4 people? Cabin 7652, Is that correct?  I believe it's a 3B, while the other corner is a 4B , is that correct? 

Edited by Jimbo

44 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I got decks mixed up, it's the one corner cabin on deck 7 that seems you can only book with 3 or 4 people? Cabin 7652, Is that correct?  I believe it's a 3B, while the other corner is a 4B , is that correct? 

On Enchantment it was 7166. 

Yes it's a J3.

Yes' it's just the two of us....    they gave us the corner aft, with just the 2 of us with no issue Jimbo.

I know many of you have specific aft cabins you recommend.  I didn't know if there was another one I should jump for or avoid.

That's why I asked.

Heck who knows if we'll even be on Rhapsody....    and yes I'm hoping someone in one of those corner afts backs out.   I'll keep watch.

16 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Yes it's a J3.

Yes' it's just the two of us....    they gave us the corner aft, with just the 2 of us with no issue Jimbo.

I know many of you have specific aft cabins you recommend.  I didn't know if there was another one I should jump for or avoid.

That's why I asked.

Heck who knows if we'll even be on Rhapsody....    and yes I'm hoping someone in one of those corner afts backs out.   I'll keep watch.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking now, .......may not even be  Rhapsody by then, so why worry about looking to switch cabins?

I do want to know about deck 7 though corner cabins....They are different Categories I think? can both be booked by only 2 people?

I asked this earlier, didn't really get an answer though?

"I got decks mixed up, it's the one corner cabin on deck 7 that seems you can only book with 3 or 4 people? Cabin 7652, Is that correct?  I believe it's a 3B, while the other corner is a 4B , is that correct? "

Edited by Jimbo

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking now, .......may not even be  Rhapsody by then, so why worry about looking to switch cabins?

I do want to know about deck 7 though corner cabins....They are different Categories I think? can both be booked by only 2 people?

I asked this earlier, didn't really get an answer though?

"I got decks mixed up, it's the one corner cabin on deck 7 that seems you can only book with 3 or 4 people? Cabin 7652, Is that correct?  I believe it's a 3B, while the other corner is a 4B , is that correct? "

I don't know about the deck 7.

But I booked the deck 8 corner cabin 8596 for just my wife and myself without an issues.

My travel agent warned me though, that SOMETIMES, RCI enforces it needs to be 3 people or more, so there was a chance they wouldn't let us have it.   

But she was able to book 8596, the corner cabin,  for the two of us, without any issue.

I would give it a whirl.

18 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

I don't know about the deck 7.

But I booked the deck 8 corner cabin 8596 for just my wife and myself without an issues.

My travel agent warned me though, that SOMETIMES, RCI enforces it needs to be 3 people or more, so there was a chance they wouldn't let us have it.   

But she was able to book 8596, the corner cabin,  for the two of us, without any issue.

I would give it a whirl.

Price difference from deck 7 to deck 8 is about $600 more, yes I know the cabin is  46 sq.ft larger, but from what I read the deck 7 wrap around balconies are larger on deck 7 than deck 8. Probably because of the pancake like build.

We had 8096 on rhapsody a couple of years ago on a Greek isles and Croatia cruise out of venice. Just a fantastic balcony. My parents in  law had the aft cabin next to us and it was absolutely fine - large balcony and they loved it.

9 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

We had 8096 on rhapsody a couple of years ago on a Greek isles and Croatia cruise out of venice. Just a fantastic balcony. My parents in  law had the aft cabin next to us and it was absolutely fine - large balcony and they loved it.

Yes 8596 is what we had this year... cruise cancelled... so we lost it.

It's gone so the one next door is open and I think we'll take that

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Price difference from deck 7 to deck 8 is about $600 more, yes I know the cabin is  46 sq.ft larger, but from what I read the deck 7 wrap around balconies are larger on deck 7 than deck 8. Probably because of the pancake like build.

We're Lift and Shifting... so I can't change categories.

We LOVE the aft cabins on the Vision.  We had 8592 on the Vision, Venice to Dubai...loved the views from the large balcony...the center pole on the balcony was not an issue with us.  It's a long walk to get to your cabin but we love walking.  We love that there's a "secret" stairs that leads up to the spa/gym.

2 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

We LOVE the aft cabins on the Vision.  We had 8592 on the Vision, Venice to Dubai...loved the views from the large balcony...the center pole on the balcony was not an issue with us.  It's a long walk to get to your cabin but we love walking.  We love that there's a "secret" stairs that leads up to the spa/gym.

Watch out for those stairs. Friends used them once, met the Captain on the stairs, and were told these are for staff only!

14 hours ago, Pumbaamd said:

Watch out for those stairs. Friends used them once, met the Captain on the stairs, and were told these are for staff only!

😃 Smiling...sounds like your friends were pranked by the Captain.  The stairs were open to the public and often used by passengers staying in aft cabins...or ones that accidentally find them.

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

😃 Smiling...sounds like your friends were pranked by the Captain.  The stairs were open to the public and often used by passengers staying in aft cabins...or ones that accidentally find them.

There is the "secret" stairway on the starboard side that indeed goes up to the spa, but there is also opposing crew only stairways that are full aft near the corner aft cabin doors.  Those are the ones off limit.  Got yelled at once on Rhapsody turning turn around day.  😉 

Had favorite corner aft JS cabins on Vision (B2B2B) this last January, and also on B2B Rhapsody in February (just before cruising was shut down).  This is from Vision on turn around day in PR.  Glass of wine on that huge aft wrap balcony...and no desire to go to the lounge for happy hour.  😉 

20200118_162240.jpg

Edited by island lady