Noble Caledonia MS Serenissima 2019 Experiences Sought

Host Jazzbeau

There aren't a lot of reviews for MS Serenissima, which Noble Caledonia has on long-term lease, and most of them are quite unfavorable.  But there have been a number of changes to the ship and crew over the last few years [addition of stabilizers, change from Russian crew to Croatian/Philippine, renovation of public areas and cabins in 2018 and 2019].  And the itineraries continue to be so very intriguing...

So, I'm asking if anyone has sailed on Serenissima in 2019 and can comment on whether these changes have fixed the problems mentioned in the earlier reviews.

Note that one thing that can't be changed is the small size of most cabins, but we are planning to book a Serenissima/Executive Suite on Deck 7 – which have always been credited as decent size and have private balconies.

Also, if you sailed on Serenissima before the renovations – here are two videos that show the new furniture and decor.  IMHO it is much nicer than what I saw in the older pictures and videos.  Do you agree that this addresses the 'fusty decor' problem?

Life on Board the MS Serenissima

Take a look around the MS Serenissima

Well, the refurb looks like a huge, long overdue improvement.  So glad to see that awful decor has finally been banished. However, the majority of the cabins are just so cramped (or quirky) that you have to shell out (as we did) for one of the four executive suites.  They have relatively lots of space plus a shared balcony.  The layout of the ship is also very hard to live with.

I agree the Serenissima has some tempting itineraries . . there is one next March in the Caribbean that spends two days in Haiti/Cap Haitien in order to visit Sans Souci and La Citadelle.  Now that's my sort of cruise.  

Edited by Fletcher