Are you able to move the Key Lunch to a different day?

We purchased the key for an upcoming cruise November 2020 on the Enchantment for $12.49 a person. I noted after purchasing that our flight arrives in SJU at 1pm. Obviously we will never make the 1130 to 130 lunch. Has anyone had this happen and were you able to move it?

30 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Has anyone had this happen and were you able to move it?

Most reporting seems to say no - read through the lengthy Key thread.

Biker, who would not buy anything in the planner until cruising resumes.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 3

Jean, from past experience whatever time boarding actually begins they adjust the times that lunch is available for Key holders.  I’m glad you’re still purchasing items for your cruise...you’ll get your money back if cruise is cancelled and we all need to think positive and hope cruising will resume!  Continue to look forward to a great experience!

I used OBC so all is good. I wouldn't pay out of pocket now for any shore excursion. I had 2 cruises that were cancelled in CA and I just got the last of the refunds from 3rd party. I have 4 upcoming cruises and all of them were done either pay in cash the day of, viator option of reserving or OBC. 

Thx for response. If we miss it, we still got a good deal for internet!

I am still hoping we sail in Nov. With the price drop for our cruise to $19.99, I bought it for us. It includes wi-fi for 1 device each which would be nice to have. I think that is a decent perk. With 3 sea days, special times for FlowRider, zipline, rock climbing is nice. Reserved seating at shows is a nice perk. The possibility of faster debarkation the last day is nice since we will have a 9-hour drive home with most having to be at school or work the next morning. 

17 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I know cruises leave later out of San Juan, but same day flights are so risky. A storm in a city you are not even flying to could delay your plane by hours, mechanical error, incoming crew didn’t arrive, etc, etc. I would highly recommend coming in a day early.

We have flown in every time to sju that day only on direct flights. We will be fine.

5 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

It only takes one delay. Even though you are flying direct, your plane will most certainly be coming from another city. Best of luck, cheers!

Yep. Got it and appreciate the concern. Its why I have Chase Sapphire and Air to Sea. 

I appreciate the concern about a same day flight which truthfully is my concern only but my original question was about moving the lunch not my flight. I did call RCCL as well and it appears I have to contact guest services onboard. 

It's a welcome lunch in the main dining room featuring Chops grill menu on embarkation day only .You can have lunch in the  MDR ,on a sea day but it's will not feature Chops  . Not sure what you are moving , doubtful they will give you a Free Chops lunch 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-key-program