Barcelona Hotels

chelsea922

We have booked a Mediterranean cruise next year and are planning to have two nights in Barcelona before we board.  I have found one hotel that I like, the Eurostar Grand Marina, but there are so many.  I'm wondering where you have stayed that you liked and why.  Or where you've stayed that you absolutely wouldn't recommend.  Thank you for any information you can share.

I suggest “Catalonia Born” very nice hotel in an incredible central area called el Born (Gothic quarter) while is located in a very busy area with many restaurants and bars, is super quiet. And oasis in the middle of Barcelona! The rooms are very modern and comfortable with elevators and a nice small rooftop pool. As an added bonus they serve tapas from 3 until late at night for free! Another hotel, although quite more expensive, is “Ohla” in plaça Cataluña.

• Like 1

The cruise that we booked for next year leaves out of Barcelona and it is our first time visiting.  I would love a recommendation for a hotel that is good walking distance to attractions.  I have family members with food allergies so it is important that it has a breakfast buffet where there is an omelet station for fresh eggs or an a la carte menu.  Thanks!

45 minutes ago, CynBeth6 said:

The cruise that we booked for next year leaves out of Barcelona and it is our first time visiting.  I would love a recommendation for a hotel that is good walking distance to attractions.  I have family members with food allergies so it is important that it has a breakfast buffet where there is an omelet station for fresh eggs or an a la carte menu.  Thanks!

Barcelona is an amazing city. I believe that the Hotel Jazz would fit your needs - it is centrally located, just a few minutes from Placa de Catalunya (mind that Barcelona is a big city and you won't be able to walk to all locations without consuming a great deal of your time with walking). From Placa de Catalunya it is a short distance to Las Ramblas (just across the street) and a short walk to the Gothic quarter. You can also catch the HOHO bus from Catalunya or take the metro - taxi ranks are also available. 

The Jazz chefs at the breakfast buffet (served from 7 - 11 am) can prepare omelets and eggs dishes to your specifications. 

https://www.hoteljazz.com/en/hotel-en/

Edited by dogs4fun
  • Like 2

We stayed at the Jazz Hotel pre cruise. We like the location  very much.5 minute  walk to Placa Catelunya where 2 of our day tours met and also the HOHO bus. Very quiet. Cava at breakfast.

Service is excellent. We got in very early and they had no problem  storing our luggage.  We had ordered a case of wine online to bring on the ship. They took delivery  for us while we were out. 

Only  thing for me.....i have 2 knee replacements and the tub is very deep with no handle bars. But I did mention this at Reception  Desk. They said there are some handicapped  rooms.   We would definitely  stay there again.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

If you can booked Room 509 at Hotel Arc La Rambla, I highly recommend it. It's located at the end of La Rambla and the room is huge! 2 floors and 2 full baths; not to mention an entire patio complete with shower that overlooks La Rambla. We booked with breakfast for two nights and it was roughly $350 USD. If you can't get this room, I've heard that the others are not as nice and can be loud and look out towards a back alley - so I can only speak to this hotel from the standpoint of this amazing room.

I've attached some pictures I took during our stay.

949235432_11-HotelArcLasRamblas.thumb.JPG.17f3776715b8cb21023c31ddb225b579.JPG

169794570_01-HotelArcLasRamblas.thumb.JPG.5a69f8af3a26d5d5dac1e4848bd8f5f9.JPG

1906092677_05-HotelArcLasRamblas.thumb.JPG.ca492214e65ec347061face55b9a1c46.JPG

378310422_04-HotelArcLasRamblas.thumb.JPG.edec370cd0d5a447447d86cea9794487.JPG

583301174_07-HotelArcLasRamblas.thumb.JPG.fe17dbcfb5a8edf17f375d7208b0cdb7.JPG

We are booked at the Kimpton Vividora Hotel and are looking forward to it.  I guess they opened in Feb and then got closes in March for Covid.  We read the reviews and it looks like we made a decent choice for a hotel.  Time will tell if our Allure cruises will even go, or if US citizens will be allowed into Spain without a quarantine.

• 1 month later...

Our vote is Hotel Arts at Port Olympic. A Ritz Carlton hotel.  Right on the beach.  Wonderful.  We stayed there about 4 times and will stay again if we can get to Barcelona again.   Just a wonderful city.  Hope we will get a vaccine so cruises can start up again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 5:20 PM, Eli_6 said:

Anyone have any recs for a hotel with 2 young kids and 2 adults?  

I really liked the Tryp Apolo for its quad rooms, although our kids were teenagers.  I'm not sure this is still the case, but the hotel had an agreement with a nearby gym that allowed free entry for hotel guests.  The gym has a great pool that kids like.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 11:02 AM, CynBeth6 said:

Did you find any recommendations with breakfast food options for food allergies?  Two of our travelers have strict diets. I will be cruising (hopefully) Sept 2021 and I want to start planning. 🙂

4 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Did you find any recommendations with breakfast food options for food allergies?  Two of our travelers have strict diets. I will be cruising (hopefully) Sept 2021 and I want to start planning. 🙂

We booked H10 Casa Mimosa but our cruise has been cancelled so we will not be going after all in June 2021.  We might try for one in 2022 but who knows if it leaves from there or not.  The one we were going to be on this summer was out of Rome.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 4:02 PM, zonacruiser25 said:

We are booked at the Kimpton Vividora Hotel and are looking forward to it.  I guess they opened in Feb and then got closes in March for Covid.  We read the reviews and it looks like we made a decent choice for a hotel.  Time will tell if our Allure cruises will even go, or if US citizens will be allowed into Spain without a quarantine.

We just booked The Vividora for October pre cruise. Keep us posted on if we have made a good choice.

On 9/1/2020 at 4:20 PM, Eli_6 said:

Anyone have any recs for a hotel with 2 young kids and 2 adults?  

You might want to look at the Hotel Colon which is well located across from the Cathedral in the heart of the Gothic Quarter.  This is a European style hotel that has some very large rooms suitable for a family of 4.  If you can get a room with a Cathedral view that is very desirable.

Hank

• Like 1

If the Hotel Colon is too expensive (though it is really a lovely hotel especially if you get a room with a Cathedral view) then try their sister hotel Hotel Colon Regencia.  it is directly behind the Hotel Colon (thus no Cathedral view). We've stayed at both and would book at the Colon Regencia again in a heart beat. 

• Like 1