Rome hotels pre-departure

augiesmom

My daughter and I are booked on a NCL cruise next May which departs from Rome.  Can anyone recommend any hotels for pre-departure? We anticipate flying into Rome  a few days before the trip departs, in order that we can spend at least 1 full day in Rome seeing some of the highlights of the city. Don't anticipate spending much time at the hotel, but want it to be in a safe area and fulfilling basic needs.  First trip to Europe for my daughter, so want to make this a good experience for her.

Thank you!

11 minutes ago, augiesmom said:

My daughter and I are booked on a NCL cruise next May which departs from Rome.  Can anyone recommend any hotels for pre-departure? We anticipate flying into Rome  a few days before the trip departs, in order that we can spend at least 1 full day in Rome seeing some of the highlights of the city. Don't anticipate spending much time at the hotel, but want it to be in a safe area and fulfilling basic needs.  First trip to Europe for my daughter, so want to make this a good experience for her.

Thank you!

To assist us, could you kindly suggest what your budget is?

Have a nice hotel that friends found when all in Rome, and wished we had also booked, for it's location, food and service. It is Alberto Del Senato

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive

30 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

To assist us, could you kindly suggest what your budget is?

Have a nice hotel that friends found when all in Rome, and wished we had also booked, for it's location, food and service. It is Alberto Del Senato

We had a coffee here with a couple we met at the fountain.  Not a "Hotel" but it looked nice, simple and clean could be of interest - Residenze Argileto - 

On 5/25/2020 at 2:20 PM, augiesmom said:

Thank you!

Albergo Del Senato was wonderful!  Very safe and convenient.  We were able to walk everywhere, the Vatican, the Colisseum, we only took a taxi once.  If interested in something less expensive, the two couples we were with got an Airbnb just around the corner from our hotel.  It seemed to be safe.  The only issue is one of them got a message that they were double booked so they scrambled to find another one last minute but it all worked out.  The Pantheon area is very convenient to everything, if you are able to walk and like to sightsee on foot.  Enjoy!  One day is not enough for Rome though!! 🙂