Motu Mahaea

Looking for information about this island.

We plan to book a morning snorkeling excursion.

Would we then go to the private island?

Do they food and drinks there?

Are there bathrooms?

Do they bring the water toys there?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

43 minutes ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

Looking for information about this island.

We plan to book a morning snorkeling excursion.

Would we then go to the private island?  Yes, if on a WS excursion, private tours usually take you back to the ship

Do they food and drinks there?  Yes, wonderful island BBQ and bar.  There are tables and chairs

Are there bathrooms?   Yes

Do they bring the water toys there?  Yes, along with lounge chairs, towels, etc.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.  Snorkeling there as well.  Not the best, but OK

This will be a memorable day with the drift snorkel and the island BBQ--as long as the weather is good.

Both times we were there, we had great weather in the mornings but storms came thru in the PM. (late November) so definitely do the snorkeling excursion in the morning!

We are planning to book the drift snorkel through Windstar.  (I did it February 2019 with Oceania and loved it.)  Tried to book today but Windstar took the excursions dow.  Will try calling them tomorrow.  I hope this is not a sign of cancelled cruise.

3 hours ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

We are planning to book the drift snorkel through Windstar.  (I did it February 2019 with Oceania and loved it.)  Tried to book today but Windstar took the excursions dow.  Will try calling them tomorrow.  I hope this is not a sign of cancelled cruise.

The excursions are down too for my May 24, 2021. So hopefully just a glitch or changes in line-up. I loved coral gardens drift snorkel so much that doing it 3x on Twice the Tahiti. Twice with the ship and once with another provider from Raiatea.

What are you doing in Moorea?

We are staying four nights pre cruise in Moorea.  We will have a car.

we plan to go to the Lagoonarium, Belvedere lookout, maybe jet ski.  Do you have a suggestion.  Last time we were there we did the photography expedition with the cruise line.

i was thinking when the ship is there we would stay on the ship and use the swim platform and all its goodies.

13 hours ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

We are staying four nights pre cruise in Moorea.  We will have a car.

we plan to go to the Lagoonarium, Belvedere lookout, maybe jet ski.  Do you have a suggestion.  Last time we were there we did the photography expedition with the cruise line.

Last time we did a drive around the island throught Avis, jet skiied, and a day at the Hilton. We used Moorea Activities Center for the jetskiing and they were great. This time we wanted to do a private or semi-private snorkel tour (2-4) so we can do what we want. We are avid snorkelers and want to cover the most ground possible. So far best we've found is Mermaid Private Boat Tours.

Not sure about 2nd day.

Found a few other things to do in Huahine if you're interested. Was going to do either the ships's motu picnic or the snorkeling tour but each only have one snorkel site. Not worth it for us. Have done the sailing ship Huahine Voile twice and it's nice but want something different. Salmn who did the cruise last November said Marc's Huahine was awful and barely got them back to the ship on time. So looking at day stay at either Le Mahana ((which apparently has excellent snorkeling, nice beach, lunch, 75 EU, transport from ship (13 miles) snorkel equipment)) or Hotel Maitai Lapita (short walk from ship, all the same amenities, and moderately good snorkeling $75 US). I lean towards Hotel Maitai just because they are walking distance, yet Le Mahana's snorkeling is a draw. If you are interested in either I can send you the info from hotels.

Lastly there is Mahana Dive which offers snorkel tours- they're closed now. I'm betting they need a minimum and that's near impossible to get on WS roll calls.

Edited by Petoonya

Heartfelt....one more Moorea idea. Just got an email from an inquiry I made of Ocean Adventures. Private boat for 4 with whales, sharks, whatever you want to see for 4 hours with marine biologist (not Dr. Poole) and video of day. Very highly rated on Tripadvisor. $630 for 4 people. Expensive but I like snorkel excursions without 12-20 people.

Petoonya,  we were in Moorea 4-5 years ago on Windstar and booked a tour with Albert Transport.  It was an ATV tour that went up to the highest mountain, (can't remember the name), and it was a blast.  

IMG_0430(1).JPG