Princess/Cunard military OBC

1980dory

Princess has always been great for providing OBC for military and it is available on every cruise.

You just need to apply to get it.

Today I received a message from Cunard in appreciation for military on Memorial Day.  Cunard is offering 

the same OBC as Princess.  Does anyone know if this is a permanent change in policy to align with the Princess 

military offer?
And coincidentally,  I now see Princess and Cunard offices at the same address in California.  In speaking to representatives 

there, they refer to themselves as Princess/Cunard.  I know that the two are both under the Carnival Corp. umbrella.

I'm wondering if this is a result of the virus and is temporary and if the OBC is a new realignment in military OBC programs.
Can anyone shed light on this?  

Edited by 1980dory
format
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

In my experience, the Princess/Cunard OBC have always been the same.  EM

Thanks mom!

We've missed out on a couple Cunard cruises.  And to compund it; my wife and I are both veretans.  Yes, we're double dippers. We always thought that Princess was the only line with that great military benefit.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Our very first cruise was on the Queen Mary 2.  I had no idea to even ask for a military benefit.  We are both retired Army!  We have since been loyal Princess cruisers but I keep looking at Cunard.  So far the timing has just not worked.  Nice to know they also have military OBC so we’ll keep looking!  I know Carnival offers actual military discounts on some of their cruises but at age 80, my husband thinks he’s just too old to enjoy the Carnival life!

2 hours ago, greenumbrella said:

Our very first cruise was on the Queen Mary 2.  I had no idea to even ask for a military benefit.  We are both retired Army!  We have since been loyal Princess cruisers but I keep looking at Cunard.  So far the timing has just not worked.  Nice to know they also have military OBC so we’ll keep looking!  I know Carnival offers actual military discounts on some of their cruises but at age 80, my husband thinks he’s just too old to enjoy the Carnival life!

One Army retired and one Navy veteran here.  Princess and Cunard are both under the Carnival umbrella.  Both will give you each OBC with verifcation with DD214 each.

Don't confuse Carnival 'corporation' with Carnival 'cruise ships'.  They are all in the same family but the children can be very different.  We're seniors too but we are way beyond

doing another Carnival cruise because we're too old 'to have fun' on one of those ships.

Be aware that you will not get the same benefit on a Carnival 'fun ship' that you get on

Princess and Cunard although both are under the Carnival corporation umbrella.

If you take a 14 day+ cruise on Princess or Cunard, you should receive $250 EACH, obc.

Now if you own 100 Carnival Corporation shares (about $9.80/share now) you also get 

$250 OBC as a shareholder benefit.  On a 14 day cruise with two military and one shareholder you should get a total of $750 obc plus anything else your travel agent may throw in.  Verification of stock ownership is necessary for each new cruise

You must apply for the OBC with each new cruise and submit a litle paperwork but it is well worth it!  Shorter cruises offer a smaller benefit, but still worth it!

Also, this is usually  IN ADDITION TO any other cruise offers you may get with special promotions or offers.

I find it amazing that there are so many who do not know about these benefits.  They aren't advertised or promoted. Come on.  Get on board.  And if our paths should cross, you can buy me a drink!  

• 1 month later...

Just found out that HAL is offering OBC for veterans for our July 2023 cruise. After all our HAL cruises this was the first time it was offered. Someone on the HAL board posted a link.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...