Refund Success?

beachbooles

4 hours ago, cabosal1 said:

Yes, I am angry too.  And why not?  Obviously we loyal customers/passengers are being treated with undeserved disrespect by SD.  90 days refund is not ok.Changing terms AFTER THE FACT is not ok. Having to get your CC company involved to obtain your promised refund is not ok.

Though I love SD (This would have been our 13 trip.) I see our loyalty is not worth much to them only our $$. I would question anything they tell you now.

(Note that the only claim of " several of my friends" receiving refunds came from Oslo.  Just saying.)      

Yes I am from Oslo. Yes I have been onboard 13 times and yes I will travel again. 

I think it is important to take the credit not refund. We all can help save tourism

Yes I am from Oslo. Yes I have been onboard 13 times and yes I will travel again. 

I think it is important to take the credit not refund. We all can help save tourism

My refund request was submitted March 17. I sent SeaDream an email last night requesting a status update. I received a reply within an hour saying that my refund would be forthcoming before the 90 days is up. We shall see.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On a very sad note, we have had to cancel our Oct 10th Med cruise because my husband was diagnosed with cancer.  Although the prognosis is hopeful, his chemotherapy and radiation will be ongoing for the next six months.  At first we explored applying our deposit to a future cruise (Seadream was willing to book us until early 2022 with a modest discount on future cruises) we felt that with so much uncertainty in our lives right now, we will revisit this decision in 2021.  Our TA was informed by SeaDream it will take 90 days to get our deposit back.

52 minutes ago, Naveron said:

On a very sad note, we have had to cancel our Oct 10th Med cruise because my husband was diagnosed with cancer.  Although the prognosis is hopeful, his chemotherapy and radiation will be ongoing for the next six months.  At first we explored applying our deposit to a future cruise (Seadream was willing to book us until early 2022 with a modest discount on future cruises) we felt that with so much uncertainty in our lives right now, we will revisit this decision in 2021.  Our TA was informed by SeaDream it will take 90 days to get our deposit back.

i'm very sorry to hear the circumstances in which you had to cancel.  I hope to see you all on Sea Dream in the future!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, beachbooles said:

i'm very sorry to hear the circumstances in which you had to cancel.  I hope to see you all on Sea Dream in the future!

We wish you and your husband all the best dealing with what anyone who has dealt with cancer knows is always a challenge.

SeaDream confirmed to us over the weekend that refunds are being made as the 90-day mark occurs.  For us that is later this week so we will share an update later this week.

Again, all of us here are thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

• Like 2

UPDATE - pleased to report/confirm that we and others we know started to receive refunds on the 90th day this week per the new revised refund policy.  There is a lag of one or more days for the refund to post depending on the credit card company.  Note that the refund policy now reads “issued” within 90 days, so receipt or posting will occur a bit outside the window, but our accounts show SD processed/issued the refunds on day 90.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JES4845 said:

UPDATE - pleased to report/confirm that we and others we know started to receive refunds on the 90th day this week per the new revised refund policy.  There is a lag of one or more days for the refund to post depending on the credit card company.  Note that the refund policy now reads “issued” within 90 days, so receipt or posting will occur a bit outside the window, but our accounts show SD processed/issued the refunds on day 90.  

Thank you for this update!  This is GREAT news! 🙂 I really want SD to survive this and be around for us in the future and this is a step in the right direction.  That makes sense, that the CC company has a lag, but it's so good to know they are processing these refunds, finally. I think you are the first one I hear of, "first hand" since the Covid closures.  Thanks again! 😉

• 2 weeks later...

My refund was promised in 90 days, I got it in 85 days.  Good timing to get Norway cash flow going about the same time lots of us hit the 90 day mark

Edited by richb21
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, richb21 said:

My refund was promised in 90 days, I got it in 85 days.  Good timing to get Norway cash flow going about the same time lots of us hit the 90 day mark

Thank you for sharing!!  This is GREAT news for SeaDream and it's passengers!!  🙂

2 hours ago, beachbooles said:

Thank you for sharing!!  This is GREAT news for SeaDream and it's passengers!!  🙂

We too received the last of multiple refunds within recent days.  We are relieved but sad since we had bookings out through 2022 we were looking forward to.  Had SD management bothered to make any constructive outreach at all  these past few months we might have held on for at least some of the planned voyages.  Mind you we have done dozens since 2008.  Despite pleas here and directly to SD management, nothing has improved all these months.  I’m not one to say never in these situations, so I won’t now, but SD has a lot to do to earn back the trust and confidence we & so many others placed in  them all these years.

Edited by JES4845
Grammar

We too received the last of multiple refunds within recent days.  We are relieved but sad since we had bookings out through 2022 we were looking forward to.  Had SD management bothered to make any constructive outreach at all  these past few months we might have held on for at least some of the planned voyages.  Mind you we have done dozens since 2008.  Despite pleas here and directly to SD management, nothing has improved all these months.  I’m not one to say never in these situations, so I won’t now, but SD has a lot to do to earn back the trust and confidence we & so many others placed in  them all these years.

I agree. What is so sad is if sea dream had just been transparent they would have instilled more loyalty rather than continuing their habit of poor communication when times get tough

Sent from my iPad using Forums