Web Site Blues

hgatsawgrs

HAL website used to provide good information and performed quite nicely. Nowadays , it seems to be slow and almost useless. No ability to access info all the time. No excursion browsing or booking of April cruises. No immigration forms filling out, etc. Signs announcing changes/improvements are coming have been on various pages for a long time- When will they happen?

Ships/itineraries are wonderful on HAL- This piece of customer service is important to us computer folks and they are way behind. Am I too demanding here?

HI:

You're NOT alone! The HAL Website has been a problem ever since they started their "View and Verandah Sale"! I've been trying to get info on a cruise to the South Pacific, Oct. 6th on the Statendam, and I get a reply that NO cruise EXISTS! lol, lol! Going on the Oosterdam Feb. 25th, and got my INS Form filled out OK on-line. But, it took THREE weeks to get an Alaska "back-to-back" cruise straightened out.

HAL is also "Upgrading" their Computer Data Base, so this has also been a problem. Why they picked the time do a Computer Update and a Sale is beyond me!

Hang in there is all I can suggest next to calling HAL!

Robertmnch

I am also not happy with HAL's new web site. It's murder getting in.

And the way they have divided up the Caribbean cruises into southern, western, and eastern - nuts. When I want to see if I can book back-to-back cruises on the same ship but with different itineraries, I have to pratically start over.

I liked it when we had the ability to fill out our immigration forms almost as soon as we had a booking number, and ordering shore excursions more than 2 months out. Is the new system supposed to be an

"improvement?" (I must say that the videos are very nice.)

I was told my ship services the web site improvements should be done between mid-Feb and 1st of March. Until then you can not do much of anything. I wanted to make Pinacle res and order from their gift list and they told me they can't even do it from their end because of the computer upgrades. Never mind that we can't do anything from the websites, including filling out the immigration form.

Archived